RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Ladies' Room

Premier Sponsor:

acacongua

Jul 4, 2010, 2:48 PM
Post #1 of 12 (14418 views)
Shortcut

Suggestions for Baby Gifts for Climbers
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

My friends will soon deliver a baby boy and I would love suggestions of gifts that are perfect for climbers. Are there onesies with climbing logos or phrases?

smallclimber

Jul 4, 2010, 6:38 PM
Post #2 of 12 (14409 views)
Shortcut

Re: [acacongua] Suggestions for Baby Gifts for Climbers [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Maybe offering babysitting services so the couple can get an occaisional climb in would be the best gift. Or offering to be a "third person" at the crag with them so everyone can get some climbing done.
May not look as cute as clothes or toys but I bet it would be appreciated.

acacongua

Jul 5, 2010, 7:56 PM
Post #3 of 12 (14384 views)
Shortcut

Re: [smallclimber] Suggestions for Baby Gifts for Climbers [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Oh, I'll definitely do that but I'm sure they will stop climbing for an adjustment perio. So a little gift to welcome the future climber would be great.

Partner macherry

Jul 5, 2010, 9:09 PM
Post #4 of 12 (14377 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

happiegrrl has stuff for sale at cafepress with climbing related logos. i think her stuff can be printed on baby items.

check out her stuff at climb addict.

oh and fwiw, this isn't a women's specific question, guys might have ben able to help too. not totally relevant to the ladies room.

carry on

gblauer

Jul 6, 2010, 1:57 PM
Post #5 of 12 (14349 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] Suggestions for Baby Gifts for Climbers [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Mitchal made a little climbing wall for installation in a crib, complete with little climbing holds. Very cute, but, probably not very appreciated by the parents!

lena_chita

Jul 6, 2010, 2:56 PM
Post #6 of 12 (14344 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'll second macherry. there are printing services that would put pretty much anything you want

For example here:

http://designer.inktastic.com/...ike-Infant-Creeper.1

You can select any image from your own computer for printing on a onesie, anything climbing-related that you might come up with, from the parent's photos to RRGCC logo. :).

If you can get multiple people to chip in for a gift, and if the parents don't have it yet, getting a Sherpani backpack for a baby would be a sort of baby gift that any parent who plans to do a lot of hiking while carrying the baby would be super-happy about.

Seriously though, while I understand the sentiment behind wanting a climbing-themed gift, ANY gift is usually much appreciated. And a gift of time, whether it is baby-sitting, or a meal that the mother doesn't have to cook, are often overlooked, but are much more necessary than yeat another onesie, no matter how cute.

(This post was edited by lena_chita on Jul 6, 2010, 7:51 PM)

clee03m

Jul 6, 2010, 6:43 PM
Post #7 of 12 (14334 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Before you buy any baby climbing gear or outfits with 'future climber' type of stuff, I would be sure about parents' feelings about whether they want their child to become a climber. Personally I don't really plan on teaching my son to climb unless he asks.

acacongua

Jul 7, 2010, 6:23 PM
Post #8 of 12 (14298 views)
Shortcut

Re: [clee03m] Suggestions for Baby Gifts for Climbers [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

They do hope for that since they love climbing are freaking strong themselves. But they do accept that their new one may not like climbing.

Thanks for the tip on the printing services!

(This post was edited by acacongua on Jul 7, 2010, 6:25 PM)

dancesonrocks

Jul 12, 2010, 5:07 PM
Post #9 of 12 (14216 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I have baby climbing stuff in my shop too. I have a Climber in Training design which could work even if the little one doesn't end up as a climber but takes to climbing on furniture instead ;)

I also have a graphic "Rock Star" design which could be taken different ways but still be cute.

My shop: http://www.rockgrrl.com/...in/shop/rockgrrl.cgi

Partner happiegrrrl

Jul 20, 2010, 9:59 PM
Post #10 of 12 (14116 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The "Belayer/Baby Assistant" really is a great idea, and you could make it more special by creating a gift certificate which you could include in a card.

If it's not too late, and you have a week or so for back and forth, I'd be happy to create one for you(as a favor - I am not the best graphic artist, but I can do something that would look okay.) That is - So long as you aren't incredibly picky on the style, images you want on it and such, though of course I would ask the wording you'd like and a general idea.

It could be done as a JPEG file, emailed to you and you could print it at home or at the local print shop). Enclose it along with a pretty card or envelope.

As for items from my climbing t-shirt shop - I appreciate Ma's mention. Thanks! I went through and took a peak at what would be baby appropriate(or maybe just slightly not, depending on the parents take), and came up with these:

http://www.cafepress.com/climbaddict.199771525

http://www.cafepress.com/climbaddict.394423250

http://www.cafepress.com/climbaddict.458115552

This one is not yet in my shop - it's one I haven't gotten around to yet, but if you liked it, I could quickly add it(no pressure, of course. I will be adding it eventually anyway)

This one is usually in my Valentine's section, and not "shown" in the shop, but can be found here:
http://www.cafepress.com/climbaddict/2311011

It is available on the baby tees, onesies, bibs and such.

Partner happiegrrrl

Dec 9, 2011, 8:46 PM
Post #11 of 12 (12496 views)
Shortcut

Re: [happiegrrrl] Suggestions for Baby Gifts for Climbers [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

I know this thread is an oldie, but it seems people do find it on searches(as I have stats for my website and at a few times a month a viewer or two comes from this thread).

So - Update!

I just wanted to post about a shop on Etsy where the seller makes very cute baby onsies as well as t-shirts and baby toys. It is Hill Country Designs at http://www.etsy.com/shop/hillcountrydesigns

I've attached an image of one which has a giant carabiner on the front - printed with batik method.

Also - the seller of this item belongs to the Etsy Climbers team, of which I am the team captain. Our website is here: http://www.etsyclimbers.org
Attachments: carabiner.jpg (36.5 KB)

GarnetAsh

May 23, 2012, 6:20 PM
Post #12 of 12 (11746 views)
Shortcut

Re: [happiegrrrl] Suggestions for Baby Gifts for Climbers [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

The littlest things really do mean more, and it doesn't take expensive or elaborate gifts and decorations to make a meaningful and moving gift, it is often the simplest ideas like the new one's initials or a monogram that will add all of the meaning to any gift.

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook