A regular fixture on Himalayan mountaineering
expeditions, this substantial and carefully crafted version of the classic
four-pole geodesic dome offers a secure refuge from wind and weather. The front
vestibule has a hooped pole to maximize headroom when shedding snowy or rainy
garments prior to entering the main tent. The stout aluminum poles run through
continuous sleeves, intersecting at six points for maximum wind strength.
Numerous external guypoints, some connected directly to the frame, strengthen
and hold down the tent, while internal guypoints enable cross-linking in the
interior of the tent when things get really hairy.
- Fits two to three people.
- Floor is made of coated HT-Seal high-tenacity nylon, polyurethane-coated for waterproofness to 18500mm.
- Fly is made of 75-denier ripstop polyester - polyurethane-coated for waterproofness to 2000mm.
- Canopy is made of a white, 210-count, 70-denier ripstop
nylon - undyed for greater strength and to reduce dye effluent use,
which is harmful to the environment.
- Integral vestibules at front and back for storage or shedding wet garments.
- Front and back vent windows for ventilation.
- Beefy #8 YKK main zippers.
- Retro-reflective guypoints help you find your tent at night.
- Frame is made of stout Easton 7075 T-9 aluminum - poles are 9.7mm diameter, vestibule hoop is 8.6mm diameter.
- Floor area is 4.01 sq. m.
- Minimum weight is 5kg, packaged weight is 5.38kg.
- Packed size is 22 x 63cm.
- Sewn in Vietnam, fabrics from Taiwan and USA, frame from USA.