Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

pico23

Mar 15, 2005, 3:29 AM
Post #26 of 27 (2887 views)
Shortcut

Re: cardio that won't cause bulk [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

In reply to:
Godawgs, you jackass
In reply to:
I don't know exactly what to tell you because I don't know physiology very well but there is a certain intensity level that burns muscle most efficiently as opposed to burning fat, maybe someone can help out with this
Why because you read it off some chart on a treadmill?

You write that you don't know physiology very well, you freely admit that you are assuming stuff and do not actually know anything.

Here is a fact people, if you eat fewer calories than your body requires, no matter how much you lift, you cannot, will not, and it has never happened to anyone, put on more muscle.

On my first post I was correct, re-read it. Do exactly what I said and still watch what you eat.

If you eat fewer calories then you burn, and your basal metabolism than your body will eat itself. For couch potatos fasting doesn't work because your body compensates by reducing metabolic rate initially to compensate. Your hungry but your reach a point where you don't lose drastic weight. If you remain active and don't eat enough your body has to consume something. Fat and muscle.

Fshizzle is right, you can't gain muscle without adding enough calories to rebuild that muscle. The problem is sustained activity without the right nutrition can have other health consequences. I don't really see why anyone would torture themselves unless they were making a living out of climbing. for the weekend warrior this seems like an invitation to disaster with no real gain.

godawgs

Mar 15, 2005, 4:42 AM
Post #27 of 27 (2887 views)
Shortcut

Re: cardio that won't cause bulk [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Some asshole felt like bashing me on what I said so I decided to consult professionals. I talked to a personal trainer and a strength coach. I stand by what I said that low intensity is best. If low intensity is maintained for a duration muscle burning occurs once fat reserves have been depleted, so low aerobic within a target heart range for a while are correct like I said before. This is different from what was understood about ten years ago.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Technique & Training

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook