First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

ryan112ryan

Apr 19, 2005, 7:04 PM
Post #1 of 52 (1702 views)
Shortcut

i freaking HATE SMOKERS!
Report this Post
Can't Post

not to mean, but its so true and it does annoy me. BTW not to be a troll but it is one

you may try to be polite and blow the smoke and flick the ashes away from me but you never really succeeded at this. it is totally unnecessary, it is a sign of personal weakness, you can't stand your ground

why is it not acceptable for me to just take a few minutes break at work, but smokers can.

Why can you toss garbage on the ground or out my car window. it is litter and bad litter at that, its a chemical filter that has been gunked up and now is on the ground, its not right, it ruins the place for me and smokers don't give a shit

you are bothering me and I do mind when you smoke outside, in the car, in restaurants and you pretend to care but you don’t give a shit

at my school we have all these hippies and they smoke a crap load, then they just throw the butts on the ground, so the tree hugging hippies are adding to air pollution and littering, but its okay if its a cigarette but not anything else, because they’ll get in your face about your car, clothes, etc.

cliff note: smokers litter but the don’t care
smokers are weak people
smokers are rude and don’t care
hippy smokers are often hypocritical
why should you get a smoke break or smoke around me?

-ryan

phatcat

Apr 19, 2005, 7:11 PM
Post #2 of 52 (1702 views)
Shortcut

Re: i freaking HATE SMOKERS! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
why is it not acceptable for me to just take a few minutes break at work, but smokers can.

yeah i hate that. i knew a guy who was a line cook at a greasy spoon, the dude started smoking when he was 12 (dish washer) so he could take breaks at work.

Partner taualum23

Apr 19, 2005, 7:12 PM
Post #3 of 52 (1702 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
not to mean, but its so true and it does annoy me. BTW not to be a troll but it is one

That's all I have to say about the war in Viet-naaam.

Dude. You make me want to start smoking again just to come bother you.

the_pirate

Apr 19, 2005, 7:15 PM
Post #4 of 52 (1702 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

No shit, let's fire up a carton of Pall Mall reds and blow smoke in this kid's face.

shortfatoldguy

Apr 19, 2005, 7:15 PM
Post #5 of 52 (1702 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Partner taualum23

Apr 19, 2005, 7:17 PM
Post #6 of 52 (1702 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

No s---, let's fire up a carton of Pall Mall reds and blow smoke in this kid's face.

I'm in. I'd seriously use half my vacation time to get down there. Not to mention the weather is perfect for a road trip.
Bring Shipton, he's look awesome smoking a Padron Anniversario 1964 maduro I have in the humidor at the moment.

overlord

Apr 19, 2005, 7:19 PM
Post #7 of 52 (1702 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

yeah i hate that. i knew a guy who was a line cook at a greasy spoon, the dude started smoking when he was 12 (dish washer) so he could take breaks at work.

me3.

arrettinator

Apr 19, 2005, 7:22 PM
Post #8 of 52 (1702 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

People get breaks at work?
I get an hour for lunch, but that's it.

vertical_reality

Apr 19, 2005, 7:25 PM
Post #9 of 52 (1702 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
you may try to be polite and blow the smoke and flick the ashes away from me but you never really succeeded at this. it is totally unnecessary, it is a sign of personal weakness, you can't stand your ground

You're right, you don't deserve the little bit of common courtesy they do try to show you.

Instead of wasting your time bitching about smokers, pay more attention in english class.

dontfall

Apr 19, 2005, 7:37 PM
Post #10 of 52 (1702 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

if I smoked, i would blow smoke right in your face...

Partner wideguy

Apr 19, 2005, 7:41 PM
Post #11 of 52 (1702 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

Bring Shipton, he's look awesome smoking a Padron Anniversario 1964 maduro I have in the humidor at the moment.

I like Shippy but c/mon, like he'd know the difference if he smoked the 1996 Garcia Vega I found in my glove compartment last week. Save the goods for bipeds! :twisted:

Partner bear829

Apr 19, 2005, 7:43 PM
Post #12 of 52 (1702 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

If you hate smokers so much, come to NY....we have this wonderful new law.....you can't smoke in resturants or bars. You should love that. :roll:

Partner taualum23

Apr 19, 2005, 7:49 PM
Post #13 of 52 (1702 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

I like Shippy but c/mon, like he'd know the difference if he smoked the 1996 Garcia Vega I found in my glove compartment last week. Save the goods for bipeds! :twisted:

Nice. Just cause he's a dog, you're gonna make him smoke that schwag? You speciesist. OK, I can go down to perhaps a Romeo Y Julietta Bully, or perhaps a low level Fuente for Shippy. ANy lower and you should probably call the SPCA. You can have the Padron. The Garcia Vega shall be used for the only thing it's actually good for. You bring the green.

micronut

Apr 19, 2005, 7:49 PM
Post #14 of 52 (1702 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
come to NY....we have this wonderful new law.....you can't smoke in resturants or bars.

nice to see some progressive legislation.

i don't hate smokers, just cigarette smoke. my best partner smokes, and i never let up on him to not smoke those things while I'm climbing. Climbing has a lot to do with breathing, and I can't breathe properly when those things are lit any where close to me.

Partner wideguy

Apr 19, 2005, 7:54 PM
Post #15 of 52 (1702 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
The Garcia Vega shall be used for the only thing it's actually good for. You bring the green.

Who, me?? :angel:

What makes you think I would have the FAINTEST clue where to find that stuff? :shock:

but I might know people who know people.:twisted:

cerikpete

Apr 19, 2005, 7:55 PM
Post #16 of 52 (1702 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I HATE coming home from bars smelling of smoke. HOWEVER, I am not for legislation making it illegal to smoke in them. I see how this can easily lead to the slippery slope of rights slowly being taken away.

web_slave

Apr 19, 2005, 7:58 PM
Post #17 of 52 (1702 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

ya well, we hate you too.

ryan112ryan

Apr 19, 2005, 8:36 PM
Post #18 of 52 (1702 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i hear seattle passed legislation that prohibited people from smoking in public squares, parks etc. and the NYC law.....i loved it!

Partner taualum23

Apr 19, 2005, 8:41 PM
Post #19 of 52 (1702 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
My skirt rode WAAAY up, and I needed legislation to protect my sensitive thighs from dirty smoke....yucky!!!

arrettinator

Apr 19, 2005, 8:46 PM
Post #20 of 52 (1702 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I started smoking in college.
Didn't think I would become addicted.
Smoke one now and then.
I could stop any time.
That was 6, 7 years ago.
Before that I was just like you.
Hated it and being around it.
I even crushed a whole pack of my best friends, just so he'd maybe quit.
It's an addiction.
I want to stop, but I don't.
I don't know why.
Edit to add:
You know nothing about the addiction.
And most of us do care that we aren't offending you.
And not everyone gets a break just to smoke.
Some just take one.
I personally don't.
I'm here to work.

padge

Apr 19, 2005, 9:02 PM
Post #21 of 52 (1702 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm all for prohibiting smoking inside public places. It bugs the hell out of me that others addictions need to be force on me. GO OUTSIDE DAMN IT! I dont need to smell like shit too. If this sounds bitter its because I used to smoke and really liked it, but seriously I made the effort to quit and why should I be the one forced to leave.

lockeyaaron

Apr 19, 2005, 9:13 PM
Post #22 of 52 (1702 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I'm all for prohibiting smoking inside public places. It bugs the hell out of me that others addictions need to be force on me. GO OUTSIDE DAMN IT! I dont need to smell like s--- too. If this sounds bitter its because I used to smoke and really liked it, but seriously I made the effort to quit and why should I be the one forced to leave.

Your lack of addiction bugs the hell out of me YOU GO OUTSIDE DAMMIT! And I dont need to smell clean and fresh too, I like smelling like an ashtray. If this sounds bitter its becuase I used to not smoke and I really hated it, but seriously I made the effort to start so why should I be the one forced to leave.

republiclimber

Apr 19, 2005, 9:20 PM
Post #23 of 52 (1702 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
but I might know people who know people.:twisted:
favorite movie line "i know a guy, who knows a guy, who stole some stuff"

petsfed

Apr 19, 2005, 9:47 PM
Post #24 of 52 (1702 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I'm all for prohibiting smoking inside public places. It bugs the hell out of me that others addictions need to be force on me. GO OUTSIDE DAMN IT! I dont need to smell like s--- too. If this sounds bitter its because I used to smoke and really liked it, but seriously I made the effort to quit and why should I be the one forced to leave.

Poor solution. There are signs all over college campuses "no smoking, building air intake". Guess where the smokers congregate. Its irritating when i've had a long day in class, I'm too broke to afford smokes, and they're out there contaminating the air for everyone.

That said, if you're a responsible smoker (you should how many dead buts my brother can cram into an old pack, its impressive), I have no beef with you. You clean up, you breathe elsewhere, and you're fighting the addiction the best you can. But do not believe that smoking is done simply out of habit. The physical cravings, while brief, are merciless. Its often said that the first 3 days after quitting are the hardest. That's technically true, but it takes about a month to get fully through it. It just builds, the nic-fits, the loss of pattern, it adds up fast. So for all you skeptics: don't knock a smoker who "needs" a cigarette if you've never fought that same need.

icenwy

Apr 19, 2005, 10:08 PM
Post #25 of 52 (1702 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Smoke whatever you want. I only ask you to pick up the butts at the crags. I frickin hate packing other people's trash, especially cigarette butts.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook