Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
How to get from Phuket to Railey...
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

joetheman

Apr 25, 2005, 4:20 PM
Post #1 of 9 (3778 views)
Shortcut

How to get from Phuket to Railey...  (Europe: England: Peak_District: Stanage_Edge__OS_: Stanage)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I've been to Railey many many many times, but never from Phuket :( does anyone know how to go to Railey to Phuket? i assume one goes to Ao Nang then takes the boat, but how does one get transport from Phuket airport to Ao Nang, and how much are buses/taxis?

thanks

jo

icekubes7

Apr 25, 2005, 4:23 PM
Post #2 of 9 (3778 views)
Shortcut

Re: How to get from Phuket to Railey... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey there, I think that there is a ferry boat that goes from Phuket to Ao Nang or Railay. Other than that, I know that there's pretty cheap buses that go from Phuket to Ao Nang. I don't know how much this helps, but good luck.

caughtinside

Apr 25, 2005, 4:47 PM
Post #3 of 9 (3778 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I took the ferry from Phuket-Phi Phi-Ao Nang. But you could probably fly straight from Krabi to Phuket as well. The ferry is fun though.

dynomaster

Apr 26, 2005, 8:10 PM
Post #4 of 9 (3778 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The roads are fine, and yes you can catch a minibus or taxi right from the airport-just be sure you dont get ripped off. It is a 1 1/2 to 2 hour drive from the airport, depending on the driver and traffic conditions. It will always be cheaper to take a bus from Phuket town or Patong than from the airport. From Patong to Ao Nang should be 200B or less by minibus. The ferry dosent run in the low season, and will stop running soon (im not sure of the exact date. Also, the ferry is a bit more expensive (i think 4-6 hundred B). But rather than going to Ao Nang, I would suggest going to Krabi town because that side is less choppy this time of year, and it is easier to catch a longtail. They also have docks so you dont have to walk on the beach (if your going to Railey rather than Ton Sai, this may be your style.) I hope this helps!

Dyno On
Andy

joetheman

Apr 27, 2005, 7:49 AM
Post #5 of 9 (3778 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks so far all! :)

now that i know its POSSIBLE, my preferred route would be to go to Ao Nang/Krabi directly from the airport (would it make sense to go all the way down to Phuket Town and then the minibus will come all the way back up). Does anyone know how much that would cost?

jo
www.joetheman.net

foucol

Apr 27, 2005, 8:22 AM
Post #6 of 9 (3778 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

the cost for transport by taxi is about 2,500 Baht, this is form Phuket airport to Ao Nang. look at this web page.
the web page gives you coast for taxis, Minibus, Ferrys, Railay. it also tells you where to got and where it drops you off. i was there this x-mass sailing, stuff is relatively low cost out there for USD.

http://www.oceanadventures.nu/transfers.html

jeffstephan

Jun 7, 2005, 9:40 AM
Post #7 of 9 (3778 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
you can catch a minibus or taxi right from the airport-just be sure you dont get ripped off. It will always be cheaper to take a bus from Phuket town or Patong than from the airport.

Definatly do not take a taxi from the airport! Grab a mini bus to just outside the airport. Ask to be dropped off at a small "shack like" bus depot just right of the airport grounds (about 2 miles?) From there you can catch a bus dirt cheap. Remember to always carry your bible, The Lonely Planet!

reno

Jun 7, 2005, 11:05 AM
Post #8 of 9 (3778 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Swim.

karlbaba

Jun 7, 2005, 12:56 PM
Post #9 of 9 (3778 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Why go directly from the Phuket Airport to Krabi when you can fly directly to the Krabi airport? I recommend Bangkok Airways BTW. Awesome.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook