Forums: Climbing Disciplines: Competition Climbing:
C3 - California Climbing Challenge - News!!
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Competition Climbing

Premier Sponsor:

deweyegbert

Apr 30, 2005, 5:41 AM
Post #1 of 1 (2221 views)
Shortcut

C3 - California Climbing Challenge - News!!
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

To all who are involved in the C3 and then some...

Okay... okay.... now I know what YOU ALL must be thinking... where did Mikey go?? More importantly... WHERE is the next C3 going to be held? Weeellll.... I’ve got to tell you all that it actually hasn’t been easy to find the right gym. And I’m not just talking about a killer climbing space... I’m talking about finding a gym that actually sees the innovative C3 format as something that people are going to continue to gravitate to. Well... thanks to all of you who have competed and have been spreading the word... I think it’s working. ROCKREATION – COSTA MESA, CA. will host the next C3 on May 14, 2005. I should’ve looked in my own backyard awhile ago but didn’t for silly reasons. Not only do they have killer wall space but they’ve got a pretty sick bouldering area as well which will act as a beautiful canvas for the C3 Crew (the C4) to put up some blistering routes. The other key thing about Rockreation is that Jeff Clapp (Owner), Eddie Hill (Costa Mesa, Mgr.), & Blaine Eastcott (WLA Mgr.) TOTALLY get this new format and realizing its growth potential are opening wide the doors of Rockreation as did Deena Quesada (Owner) - Beach City Rocks, Ca. - Hawthorne, and Jewels Haines (GM) at Vertical Hold – San Diego, Ca. These gyms rock!! No pun intended.

There is something NEW at the C3 for all of you to enjoy which is the Mad Rock sponsored “Blister Buster” Dyno Comp and is open to all who want to compete for an entry of only $5. You DON’T have to be entered the C3 for this one. Killer prizes will be given away to the winners and is well worth the price of admission. We will also be sinking our teeth and jaws into another amazing feast by the folks who supplied the last one... The Pipeline located at 226 Standard St in El Segundo. Last time we all had a choice of three entrée’s and a choice of 2 or 3 different side dishes, if anyone has any suggestions... I’m open.

NOTE: To those who have been asking me about the “beer” and you KNOW who YOU are. I’m working on a beer sponsor and with any luck may have it squared away for May 14th... but may not in the same breath. I’m trying.

I’m also totally psyched to welcome aboard to the C3 microbus of sponsors as well as give HUGE thanks to Daniel and Dave Chancellor. IF you don’t know these guys by now it’s no wonder as they are usually be found in a barn only... 60% of the time... ALL of the time... and based somewhere in the depths of rural Southern Illinois these guys concoct some of the sickest and most wicked climbing holds appropriately called... “so ILL”. To learn more about these guys... check out their interview in Urban Climber Magazine in the most recent issue (April/May). Also check out their killer website at www.soillholds.com. They got some really cool stuff and the website will very soon include the new “so ILL” Crash Pads along with other awesome new So ILL apparel and stuff including the “so ILL Catalogue” DVD that has rapidly created a cult-ish following with reports coming in throughout the country of people mimicking the video and blowing up trash cans after a hard day of bouldering. There will be a bunch of “so ILL Catalogue” DVD’s given away as a part of the next C3 Raffle du jour. There will also be LOTS OF MONSTER ENERGY DRINK FOR FREE!!

Lastly... I would like to bring up a rumor that has come to my attention on a few different occasions over the last month via a couple of email inquiries on the C3 as well as a conversation I just had the other night with a fellow climber who had heard the rumor while at another comp series. The rumor being that, a person has to be a “member” of the C3 in order to compete in the C3. This is SOOOOO NOT the case. Sponsored, unsponsored, great climbers, mediocre climbers, the C3 is a series designed for ALL to compete. It is a series that is caters to the hardcore competitor as well as the average “Joe”... or “Mike”. Here at the C3... EVERYONE is invited to climb hard and have fun. So please tell your fellow climbers and community that the C3 is OPEN TO ALL and NO MEMBERSHIP is needed. Membership??? God I hate rumors. Here’s one that’s not... the C3 wheels are already in motion for next years C3 Series which will consist of 8 COMPS strewn throughout California starting in January with minor changes in the format based upon competitor input. The growth continues...

And again for continued support in something new... the C3 would like to give MUCHO thanks to Kim Castelli, Christian Leibfried, and Team Monster @ Monster Energy Drink, Joe Garland & Stacey Eddy @ Mad Rock, Jason Karn @ Metolius, Todd Smith & all @ REI, Mark Crowther, Matt Burbach, & Lou Niles @ Urban Climber Magazine, and the newbies on the C3 Microbus.. Daniel & Dave Chancellor @ so ILL Holds.

So I guess that’s about it for the moment... OH YEAH... I’ll be finishing the updates at www.c3series.com within the next couple of days or so and will have the Gallery completed and ready for viewing.

Climb hard, Be safe, and leave no trace.

Peace,

Mikey
NOW PLAYING: “She Said, She Said” - The Black Keys

www.c3series.com

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Competition Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook