RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Big Wall and Aid Climbing

Premier Sponsor:

glockaroo

May 12, 2005, 7:45 PM
Post #1 of 2 (1277 views)
Shortcut

current rack for "Invisible Airwaves" at Looking G
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Over the years I've probably done this route 10 times, but it has been 3-4 years since the last time, and I want to get in a little aid before the sweltering weather hits NC.

Does anybody have current beta on the gear for P2 and P3? I remember using a fair number of thinner pins on P2 but I suspect those slots have been opened up/beat out by now. Is the thin finish of P2 totally chewed up now? Is P3 still fixed w/ a bunch of old heads? Has anyone replaced that old buttonhead bolt (about the 3rd or 4th one up) early on P3 where the rock was fractured around it? Thanks!

tradjunkie

May 15, 2005, 11:45 PM
Post #2 of 2 (1277 views)
Shortcut

Re: current rack for "Invisible Airwaves" at Looki [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

i was up there in september and remember pitch 3 being totally fixed, but i'd bring some rivet hangers, maybe a head or two and a couple of hooks.

the 2nd pitch is getting a little beat out, its hard to get things to set in the crack because it's so shallow. there were two fixed heads and a rurp or two up high and i think we even stacked a couple of pins too. knife blades, lost arrow, cam hooks, a rurp and some aliens should do it.

brain dead is totally worth doing if you have the time. we did it in two pitches with a 60m rope cause there's only one bolt at the top where the topo said you should belay. just run it out to the trees.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Big Wall and Aid Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook