Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

graniteboy

May 13, 2005, 3:23 PM
Post #26 of 27 (4310 views)
Shortcut

Re: Big wall cordellet? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Poor Knudenoggin.....He hasn't been climbing at ALL in the last 4 years, cause he's always trolling around internet sites trying to start fights.

Let me hazard a guess: your relationship with your father was...ummm... unpleasant. :wink:

At any rate, back to Akclimber's question:

He's from alaska (ever climbed in the Ruth, noggin??? I frikkin doubt it) where things get wet, then frozen, then wet again.....please, noggin, oh great one....apply your laughable engineering skills to the topic of the relative WET weights of 5mm wondercord versus 10.5 mm... And the relative shock absorbance of these same cords in a force factor 2 fall in minus 20 temperatures.

None of us can BREATHE until you solve this incredible mystery for us....

In short: get a grip...Experience and skill are more important than book knowledge and wanton whinings about gear. I have preferences gained from many, many years experience, in an extremely wide range of environments.

And old age and treachery will overcome youth and beauty every time.

graniteboy

May 13, 2005, 6:21 PM
Post #27 of 27 (4310 views)
Shortcut

Re: Big wall cordellet? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

BTW noggin, if you're actually concerned about having a "load equalized" anchor, the cordelette is not the way to go anyway. Cordelettes are for solid, bombproof anchors, and are for all real purposes unidirectional.

They make this thing called the "magic X". You may have heard of it. It's just a runner. but you have to know how to use it, how to back it up in case one of the pieces blow.....I often back mine up with a thin cordelette.

I'll leave this topic now, and check back in to read your rant/flame in a few days. You're too damned funny, my side is hurting.

Experience is always more important than book "knowledge".

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Big Wall and Aid Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook