RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - South

Premier Sponsor:

drake

Jun 3, 2005, 4:23 PM
Post #1 of 4 (1178 views)
Shortcut

Alaska 07
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I just got back from climbing in the Range and already have idea's.
I've been in the range on 4 trips, spending 68 days. Climbed Denali, Dickie, Barrille, SW Ridge of Peak 11,300 and the Harvard Route on Mt Huntington (ak grade 5). Attempted Moose's Tooth, Bears' Tooth & the NF of Peak 11,520 (the latter being a solo attempt).
I would like to try the Cassin Ridge, the Corliss Taylor route on the southeast side of Hunter or the Infinite Spur (grades 5, 5 & 6).
07 sounds like a long way out but we need to get some time in the trenches together.

Sounds crazy looking for a partner online but whether we meet at the crag, in line at the grocery store, local gear shop or the pub... It doesn't really matter how we meet initially. A partner is not going to fall in my lap while hanging out in SE Virginia. SO I figure I'll ask around as see if someone else is in the same....situation.
If you are experienced enough for any of these routes (past climbs should help indicate), then lets go do some climbing and see if we have the same styles, ethics and get along. Then plan the alpine route that epitomizes alpine climbing.
Needless to say, I need someone with a positve attitude and is ambitious.
It's a tall order but these are not routes to find out that you no long like alpine climbing on.
Sounds silly but I've heard it..........on route.

I've just outgrown the few people I have climbed with in the past.
I recently climbed, in AK, with 2 guys from Seattle. Both work for AAI guiding service. It was not a guided trip. I'm guessing they would have positive things to say about me, if you needed a reference.
I have a TR for Peak 11,300 on North American Classic Climbs cd. Gary will be adding my TR for the Harvard soon also with some newer pictures.
http://naclassics.com/climbs/peak113/beta.htm

Have you seen the topo for the I Spur??
Geeze, what a beautiful route!!! How much moderate terrain can you stand to have fun on with the occational rock or ice "step"?
Send me an email if you have any questions

Long days and pleasent nights!

prezwoodz

Jun 3, 2005, 4:38 PM
Post #2 of 4 (1178 views)
Shortcut

Re: Alaska 07 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I would recommend possibly wfinley and joepuryear just for people to talk. I am not sure how much wfinley has done but i know that joe has done tons up that way. he runs www.cascadeimages.com and both can be reached at www.alaskamountainforum.com ;) I am not sure if they are registered here or not.

drake

Jun 4, 2005, 1:58 AM
Post #3 of 4 (1178 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks Kelsey!
Yeah, I have talked a great deal with Joe over the years. He has climbed The Cassin & the I-Spur and tried the S Spur twice. I met him on the Ruth in 04. Great guy who takes some great photo's. I look forward to his guidebook that should come out this summer. Covers the Alaskan Range.

I have not talked to Mr. Finley. I'll have to pm on the forum.

Cheers

prezwoodz

Jun 4, 2005, 6:38 AM
Post #4 of 4 (1178 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Oh! Sounds like weve talked before! heh

Ya Joe does have some great images he has been putting up images for me to take and put in the Alaska Range section on AMF. Its starting to look pretty full. His guidebook should be wild!

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - South

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook