Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

mack_north

Jun 9, 2005, 11:45 PM
Post #26 of 32 (4047 views)
Shortcut

Re: Boulder, Durango or Flagstaff [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

How about Fargo? North Dakota is the safest state in the union, our median home costs are low, and there is an active and marginally attractive swingers community. We are also ranked #4 out of #168 small communities in the "Best Place to Advance Your Career" category. Downtown is currently undergoing a $9,000 renovation project that will make us the jewel of the upper middle midwest!

It's easy to meet people. I joined the Fargo Corvette Club only a year ago and I'm already the Treasurer! It's a bit of a drive for quality skiing and climbing on anything other than mud or old asbestos mine tailings but why quibble?

If you are passing through, ask for me at the Holiday Inn on 13th Ave. I am usually in the lounge every other Friday night - I play keyboards in a Journey cover band.

jestress

Jun 10, 2005, 12:08 AM
Post #27 of 32 (4047 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
How about Fargo? North Dakota is the safest state in the union, our median home costs are low, and there is an active and marginally attractive swingers community. We are also ranked #4 out of #168 small communities in the "Best Place to Advance Your Career" category. Downtown is currently undergoing a $9,000 renovation project that will make us the jewel of the upper middle midwest!

It's easy to meet people. I joined the Fargo Corvette Club only a year ago and I'm already the Treasurer! It's a bit of a drive for quality skiing and climbing on anything other than mud or old asbestos mine tailings but why quibble?

If you are passing through, ask for me at the Holiday Inn on 13th Ave. I am usually in the lounge every other Friday night - I play keyboards in a Journey cover band.

that's frightening
sounds like some twilight zone hell
:shock:

hmmm, sounds like a bad movie. although...."fargo" was a great movie.

jestress

Jul 7, 2005, 7:01 PM
Post #28 of 32 (4047 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

although Fargo was really tempting, the winner is....Boulder. So, I'll be moving to Boulder. Ended up deciding that before my visit to the 3 towns I was considering.....Boulder is just the right fit for me right now. So I'll be there in August. But I won't move there permanently until I return from my peru trip in mid-October.

zozo

Jul 7, 2005, 7:14 PM
Post #29 of 32 (4047 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
the winner is....Boulder.

Yippeeee! But are you sure I can't talk you into colorado springs? We don't have arial dance but I could string you up to the tree in my backyard.

jestress

Jul 8, 2005, 2:45 AM
Post #30 of 32 (4047 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
the winner is....Boulder.

Yippeeee! But are you sure I can't talk you into colorado springs? We don't have arial dance but I could string you up to the tree in my backyard.

I don't think colorado springs is for me....sorry.

so you want to hang me from your tree, eh? interesting....

zozo

Jul 8, 2005, 2:47 PM
Post #31 of 32 (4047 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I don't think colorado springs is for me....sorry.

so you want to hang me from your tree, eh? interesting....

That's ok, Colorado Springs is'nt really for anybody.

As far as the tree thing?...... Only with your permission of course. Got a funny but Im going to blog it. 8^)

cchas

Jul 13, 2005, 7:53 PM
Post #32 of 32 (4047 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I have just moved to Flag from the Bay Area (about 6 mos ago). Housing prices are going up but compared to Venice its not that bad.

As for Flagstaff, the climbing community is small but its also very open and friendly to people of all levels. In general people want to see others do well and at places like Paradise Forks, you'll get a lot of encouragement if you are leading something (which Boulder can be a circus with a lot of REALLY good climbers but also a lot of egos).

For skiing, ice... whatever I'd go with Durango....

For pure rock...

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - Mountain States

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook