RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Gear Heads

Premier Sponsor:

miagi

Mar 26, 2002, 5:11 AM
Post #1 of 6 (1575 views)
Shortcut

Bittersweet crashpad owners....
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey peeps, I got my pad about a week ago but i dont know why i didnt post this sooner. If any of you have a bittersweet crash pad, did it smell REALLY BAD when you first got it? LoL this sounds stupid but when i got mine, i isolated the smell to the 3 inches of open cell foam. I dont know what the hell the smell is but i sure do know that febreeze and disinfectent still didnt get rid of the smell. Its going away over time but was wondering if your pads smelled too...
Some post eh? Talking about smelly pads

sonofspork

Mar 26, 2002, 5:41 AM
Post #2 of 6 (1575 views)
Shortcut

Bittersweet crashpad owners.... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Why don't you call the company and ask them about it. Tell 'em that you just spent good money on a crashpad and you wanna know what in the friggen hell is making my pad smell like shit!!! Hope you figure it out

-sONofSpORk

offwidthclimber

Mar 26, 2002, 6:55 AM
Post #3 of 6 (1575 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dude, the only stank my pad's ever had is from months of wet, disgusting lake slime combined with the fact that my dirty ass sits on it all the time.

if it really bothers you, throw the cover in the washing machine.

the best solution however is just to get it out there bouldering and soon all the dust, etc will mask any weird smell.

peace.

miagi

Mar 26, 2002, 7:17 PM
Post #4 of 6 (1575 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I did! I took the foam out and put the thing in the washing machine but the smell was all in the 3 inches of foam. Im not going to return it or anything because its too much of a hastle and its going away but whenever i put it in the car it stinks up the entire place. My mom even complained that my room smelled funnny and it was the pad.

ponyryan

Mar 27, 2002, 12:35 AM
Post #5 of 6 (1575 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

My experience with non-climbing crash pads (wrestling throwing crash pads, and track pads) has told me that they do stink when new. It never really bothered me but I can see how it would. I don't know what yours smells like, but the ones i've used smell like new shirts or the like. Not a bad smell, but not that appealing at all. I say contact the company and see what they say if you can't live with it.

zenchef

Jun 16, 2005, 7:07 AM
Post #6 of 6 (1575 views)
Shortcut

Bittersweet Crashpad [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Man you must've gotten the last foam in the vat on that pad. When i got mine, it had no smell. Or hey, maybe a trucker got a little comfortable while transporting them. Ive seen their eaterys, i cant and dont want to imagine what they smell like

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook