RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Trip Reports

Premier Sponsor:

Partner heiko

Jun 22, 2005, 7:31 AM
Post #1 of 7 (6499 views)
Shortcut

Hairy Stomach in Val di Mello (Italy)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Cazzi Santi!
(A new Italian curse we came up with during the weekend...)

I tried to convince myself to get up today:
this is a good morning
this is a good morning
this is a good morning.
Seeing girldrifter's and bellaitalia's pictures of the weekend now, I know that this morning just sucks ;-)

well...

From one point of view it is a good morning tho:
NO SNORING WALRUS NEXT TO ME IN BED.
It was such a pleasure waking up and not having to look at a sunburnt, unshaved, sweaty 90 kilo guy that had goose downs all over his face b/c his sleeping bag is leaking.

Saturday was awesome. Sports on Sasso Remenno, this incredibly huge boulder right next to the road... we saw it first when we arrived Friday night: you drive around a curve and then for a second your headlights hit that overhanging granite monster. We stopped at the parking lot, turned the lights towards the rock to have a look at it. Amazing. :-)
Bouldering in the valley on Saturday afternoon, next to that little creek with endless boulders just lying around on the grass was great fun. Except maybe for Raf, who got stuck on his problem, cursing at it in Flemish and coloring all the edge of the boulder in bright white chalk because he tried out every square millimeter to hold on to. Next time Raf! ;-)

Then Sunday morning... trad time with paolo75 and girldrifter. No comment about that, hahaha. Look at Via Stomaco Peloso ("hairy stomach") in my routes list to find out why we only had limited fun. After that we were not particularly brave anymore ;-) We especially hated bellaitalia, pietrorago and raf when they came down from their successfull ascent of Via Tunnel Diagonale, being in perfect mood! ;-) but of course we shared some beers with them, and the day turned out to be very nice anyway.

girldrifter and paolo75, on Sunday evening after you had left, you missed my first two pitches of climbing entirely on my own gear! Pietrorago was soooo nice and showed me how to protect routes. I led two pitches placing the gear, then he climbed the route on my gear, looking at every placement, giving hints for improvement and finally proposed a new nick for me: TradMan2, coz he said he was very pleased with my protection :) :) :)
After that we had to say bye to bellaitalia, and then returned to San Martino to have the obligatory Pizza and beer with pietrorago and some of his friends. Finally the owner of the restaurant showed us that they also have a terrace! Man, he really could have told us a day before, would have saved us a lot of sweat...

To all of you that might have been jealous that Raf and I were still climbing Monday while you were already sitting in your stinky offices, I could say that we were JUST LIKE DYNAMITE. But let me tell you the truth: we really SUCKED. Raf fell twice in a 5c which is FAR below his level, and although I was absolutely determined to climb this short 6c I didn't even reach the first bolt. Raf blames it on the shoes, I blame it on the brutal sunshine. :)
So after a few ridiculous climbs we returned to the campsite, had lunch, and then crashed next to the creek and chilled, repeatedly telling each other how little skin was left on our fingertips and how much our bodies ached. (I was just glad that we didn't attempt a trad route that morning, hahaha)
Finally, packing was horrible... every move was at least a 6b. We were soooo tired ;-) On the way home, I even missed the motorway towards Trento by 50km, and when I reached Vincenza somehow I realized that I've never been to this place before so sth must have gone wrong. ;-)

Ok.

Lets go back to work now my little robots.
Have another exciting day.

H

Partner booger

Jun 22, 2005, 7:45 AM
Post #2 of 7 (6498 views)
Shortcut

Re: Hairy Stomach in Val di Mello (Italy) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Santi Cazzi Heiko! And spingi cazzi, if you have the shiny, shiny nuts! :)

I'm glad you liked my route description of Hairy Stomach. The best part was passing our rope to the hairy, sweaty, fat, smoking Italian guy. Here- can you pleaaaaaaaasssssseeee sling this around a tree for us? ... and then watching his hairy, sweaty, fat, smoking Italian ass cruise the 15 meter free solo :x that we spent (at least) one hour staring at, trying not to think of porcelain heaven (and toilet-paper). :shock:

What an amazing weekend!! I am home-sick for a valley I spent 3 days in... wonderful :!:

I think I'll go check flights now... Ryanair, baby, Ryanair!!

Partner heiko

Jun 22, 2005, 8:12 AM
Post #3 of 7 (6498 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I am home-sick for a valley I spent 3 days in... wonderful :!:

VDM is indeed one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen.
We should always try to arrive during the night, because I really want that great positive surprise again of opening my tent in the morning and looking at the Cavalcorto peak:
http://www.campingsassoremenno.com/...cs/tunnel/big/50.jpg
(It's the highest to the left, and in real it looks FAR more impressive than in the picture. Have I mentioned yet that I really want to climb this thing... anyone pull me up? :) )

bellaitalia

Jun 22, 2005, 8:56 AM
Post #4 of 7 (6498 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

this weekend was DYNAMITE!!!!!!!!!!!!

paolo75

Jun 22, 2005, 9:10 AM
Post #5 of 7 (6498 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
What an amazing weekend!! I am home-sick for a valley I spent 3 days in... wonderful :!:

me too... :(

katterm2

Jun 8, 2012, 4:58 AM
Post #6 of 7 (4307 views)
Shortcut

Re: [heiko] Hairy Stomach in Val di Mello (Italy) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

[quote "heiko"]
So after a few ridiculous climbs we returned to the campsite, had lunch, and then crashed next to the creek and chilled, repeatedly telling each other how little skin was left on our fingertips and how much our bodies ached.[quote]

Where would you recommend camping?

shockabuku

Jun 8, 2012, 7:40 AM
Post #7 of 7 (4294 views)
Shortcut

Re: [katterm2] Hairy Stomach in Val di Mello (Italy) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

katterm2 wrote:
[quote "heiko"]
So after a few ridiculous climbs we returned to the campsite, had lunch, and then crashed next to the creek and chilled, repeatedly telling each other how little skin was left on our fingertips and how much our bodies ached.[quote]

Where would you recommend camping?

Check this out: http://www.rockclimbing.com/....cgi?username=heiko;.

Especially the part at the upper right that says "Last Logon".

Forums : Climbing Information : Trip Reports

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook