RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - Mountain States

Premier Sponsor:

sixleggedinsect

Jul 19, 2005, 4:05 AM
Post #1 of 2 (871 views)
Shortcut

tetons/winds july 26-31
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

if everything works out with my car, i should be in the mountains by the 26th. im interested in the tetons and winds, though i could be convinced to spend that week somewhere else within a reasonable driving distance.

never been to the tetons/winds, but ive got some alpine experience under my belt (cascades, bugs, chamonix) and would love to bang out some classics.

im hoping for a safe, efficient, experienced partner for moderate classics (i should be able to lead alpine 5.9 if there's decent pro, will follow harder but might need a route to warm up on if we'd need to move fast).

it's short notice, so if you happen to be in the area, and you dont feel like an 'experienced' mountain (wo)man, maybe drop me a line anyways and maybe something will work out.

my favorite way to get in touch is by email, if that's easy for you: ant 2 @ electricant.net. otherwise, the normal PMs will work.

cheers,
anthony

iceisnice

Jul 24, 2005, 10:54 PM
Post #2 of 2 (871 views)
Shortcut

Re: tetons/winds july 26-31 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

anthony, not sure if it is too late, but, just got back from the cirque of the towers and the mosquitos are INSANE!!! it was pretty miserable. we did the northeast butress on pingora and left after that due to those little
f!@#$ers. the route was amazing and i highly recommend it, but you may want to wait till later in aug. some of the locals said it is the worst they have ever seen it there. good luck on your trip. if you end up down in my area, let me know.

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - Mountain States

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook