RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - Mountain States

Premier Sponsor:

paul1976

Jul 19, 2005, 6:19 PM
Post #1 of 3 (825 views)
Shortcut

climbing partner for August
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi folks,
I have just resigned from my job :D - I am coming climbing in the US for a month. My second 2 weeks have been taken by my girlfriend. That leaves me needing a climbing partner from August 6th until August 18th.

By way of background...I am 29 and have climbed for about 15 years. I have climbed in the UK (where I live - up to grade E2, 5c), the European Alps (Mont Blanc area - extensive experience on both 1 day routes and multi day- routes up to grade TD), the Himalayas (up to 7500m) and in the US/ MExico (Joshua Tree, Arizona and El Potrero Cicho - up to 5.10d). I am a little out of shape at the moment so I might only start on 5.10a's we will have to wait and see! And I am not great at cracks or off widths - we don't have them over here, but I am keen to improve!!!

I like all types of rock climbing but prefer trad. I suspose I also have a preference to longer, multi pitch routes with a serious nature, however I'm not so keen on climbing with a random climber that I have just met off the internet on a 3-4 day epic... but if we get some good cragging done in the first few days... my arm could easily be twisted!!! :wink:

Let me know if anyone is interested - I am keen to come to either the Colorado area or California- High Sierra but I am pretty relaxed.

Cheers,
Paul Mann

migalva

Jul 21, 2005, 2:03 AM
Post #2 of 3 (825 views)
Shortcut

Re: climbing partner for August [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

If you find yourself in the northern New Mexico area drop me a line. I've been looking for someone interested putting up some new back country routes. A casual day at the local crags would be cool too. I am not certain how free i'll be at that time in August, but if you're in the area you could check in with me. Perhaps I should resign as well!

Adios

Migalva

krisp

Jul 21, 2005, 2:16 AM
Post #3 of 3 (825 views)
Shortcut

Re: climbing partner for August [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Hi folks,
Let me know if anyone is interested - I am keen to come to either the Colorado area or California- High Sierra but I am pretty relaxed.

Cheers,
Paul Mann
You might do better to pick a state and stick with it. Then people will be more inclined to offer up a day or two.

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - Mountain States

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook