Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Squamish recommendations...routes, partners, places to sleep
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

superbum

Aug 4, 2005, 4:55 AM
Post #1 of 2 (1266 views)
Shortcut

Squamish recommendations...routes, partners, places to sleep  (North_America: United_States: Wyoming: Western_Wy_: Bridge_Bands: Mudwall)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey,
I am leaving Idaho and my summer job to go bum it in Squamish for about a month (Aug. 15th-Sept...) I have little cash, a leaky car, but big motivation and enuf gear...

I would love to bag my first v8 and some quality 5s 6s and 7s....

I am getting into leading hard .11 cracks, and can't wait to get on classic .10s too...

I could take or leave sport climbing but am ALL up for some hard slab
routes....

I WILL do the Grand Wall....

I am too tall to sleep in my Bronco II, but am loathe to pay $$$ to sleep outside. I have a one person tent and a sense of adventure, any tips in the bedding down department?

Any info, tips, harmless scams, or relevant stories are MORE than appreciated...

vic...

barc

Aug 4, 2005, 5:55 AM
Post #2 of 2 (1266 views)
Shortcut

Re: Squamish recommendations...routes, partners, places to s [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

There's a forest service road past the Apron. A couple k up that there's a pullout on the left for a couple cars. In there, there's a small clearing where you can camp for free. I've stayed there a fair amount, but I sometimes find it a little scary. There are plenty of rednecks in Squamish that want to break into your vehicle. Anyway, Thats an ok place to stay for free. When you get up there you can try to ask around. There's the river, but it may not be comfortable unless you sleep in your vehicle + I don't remember how to get there. See you.

elliott

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook