RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Injury Treatment and Prevention

Premier Sponsor:

blindslap

Jul 29, 2002, 4:53 AM
Post #1 of 5 (1344 views)
Shortcut

blister help
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

i've two nasty blisters on my heels. one's about the size of a quarter and the other's three inches long and half an inch wide. i already cut the skin off ( might not have been good) and now their really sore and painfull. i keep a good supply of neosporin on them and an wearing sandals. Is there anything else i can do to help them heal faster and how long should it take before i can wear climbing shoes comfortably.

vaness

Jul 29, 2002, 12:07 PM
Post #2 of 5 (1344 views)
Shortcut

blister help [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dude that sounds painfull. i cant think of anything you can do. you might have to just wait untill it heals. next time dont cut the skin off.

blindslap

Jul 29, 2002, 7:39 PM
Post #3 of 5 (1344 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i realized that was a bad idea just after i did it when i stood up and then had to sit down cuz of the pain.

cragchica

Jul 29, 2002, 7:58 PM
Post #4 of 5 (1344 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Make sure the new skin gets air... otherwise they will take forever to heal. When you can touch the skin without immense pain, try taping some moleskin (in the foot section of the drugstore) over the area. It is very soft and prevents abrasion. Chances are though, you're shoes do not fit you... shoes shouldn't give you blisters (even when you are 'breaking them in'). The blisters are a sign that your heel is slipping and rubbing... time will probably not change this. You should get a new pair of shoes. I know, I know.... they're expensive but you can always try selling your old ones on ebay to help subsidize a new pair.

spydermonkey

Aug 3, 2002, 8:05 PM
Post #5 of 5 (1344 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey have you ever heard of (Latex Free Advanced Protection Pads)? They're what hospitals use a lot now. It is form fitting to any surface, water proof, and you leave it on the affected area for a week without changing it. Look for them at a local drug store. Put that on the blister and then wrap it with sports tape. It works well, trust me. I get blisters all the time from work and that is exactly what I do to treat them.

I hope this helps.

Spydermonkey

Forums : Climbing Information : Injury Treatment and Prevention

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook