Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

goldenmike

Oct 7, 2005, 3:58 AM
Post #51 of 80 (10034 views)
Shortcut

Re: can I get this free? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

http://http://shop.nnsky.com/...5093341007115434.jpg

ajkclay

Oct 8, 2005, 12:32 AM
Post #52 of 80 (10034 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Thank you to the every one who reply to me,though someone's word hears not so friendly.It dosen't matter because we don't understand each other well.And because of my pool English ,I cann't communicate with you well,so my situation is somehow hard to understand.If you are in China,in my shoes,you will know.
I need that book because I have got part of the book,I guess maybe someone can scan it to me,the book is about"rescue",it is very important skill during climbing if I or my partner get chouble during climbing.Yes ,I need a book such as by John Long indeed,but it is not easy to do that,maybe you can get it from web,but I cannot pay,in all,my situation is different from you.
Thank you all the same

so, anyone feeling guilty yet?

any red-faced rednecks?

boardline22

Oct 8, 2005, 1:01 AM
Post #53 of 80 (10034 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

First off. I'm not a red neck
Seconly, I am not red faced

I respect goldenmike, and if I ever get the chance I would want to climb with him

Mike, I would send you the book, but #1 I don't have it, and #2 I don't have money to buy it for you, so I am no help

Since I am no help, I;m going to send my wishes to you right now, I hope everything will turn out for you. Later

Also don't worry about the English grammar, it is screwy as a micheavlious ground hog. I've lived in the US my whole life and can't speak it.

Norv

afiveonbelay

Oct 8, 2005, 1:07 AM
Post #54 of 80 (10034 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

great photos goldenmike. good attitude. keep cranking on the rock. hats off to you for wanting to LEARN more!!!.

ajkclay

Oct 8, 2005, 3:43 AM
Post #55 of 80 (10034 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

I respect goldenmike, and if I ever get the chance I would want to climb with him

why would you think I was referring to you? I was talking to those who flamed mike in the first few posts... this appears to be your first post on this thread...

or is it?

No accusations.

I am guessing that you just missed the point.

Adam

forjoke

Oct 8, 2005, 8:30 AM
Post #56 of 80 (10034 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Shame on you!
Do me a favor, go home and f%ck youself!

滚回家去!要饭的也比你有骨气。以后别说你是中国来的,我还要在这里混呢,脸都被你丢尽了。

boardline22

Oct 8, 2005, 11:38 AM
Post #57 of 80 (10034 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

why would you think I was referring to you? I was talking to those who flamed mike in the first few posts... this appears to be your first post on this thread...

or is it?

No accusations.

I am guessing that you just missed the point.

Adam

so dude if it came off like an insult, I was jjust stating a genral fact and I thought it meant everyone when I read it

snothead

Oct 8, 2005, 3:40 PM
Post #58 of 80 (10034 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
wow, this thread was kind of shocking, tatooed climber's hospitality towards those of us less fortunate than ourselves is rather sad, that being said at least hes not american or at least his profile says he from canada, go figure those anti american bastards.

You're right sava6e, I bet all Canadians are as*holes. If you've met one, you've met them all... thats what I say :idea: .
Does your comment make you "anti-Canadian"?
Personally I judge people (yes I JUDGE people) on how they treat others, not on where they are from or even so much on what they believe - but how they behave towards others.
I agree sava6e, what tattoo wrote shows him to be a spoiled brat. Please take that as a poor reflection of him as an individual, and not the country he is from.
Wherever you go there will be wonderful and kind people, and jerks. I am glad to hear that where you live there are none of the later :!: Maybe I should move to where you live... but then I may not be welcomed by people like you - after all I am Canadian, and therefore presumed to be one of those anti american bastards
In reply to:

I am sorry to hear you have had bad experiences with Canadians, I am even sorrier that you may bring your hurt attitude to any future interaction with Canadians and create a self-fulfilling prophecy.

lewisiarediviva

Oct 8, 2005, 4:59 PM
Post #59 of 80 (10034 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Mike,
Amazon does "international shipping." Here is the link to their shipping information to Japan.
http://www.amazon.com/.../102-5788349-8149769
If you have a credit card you can order your books and they'll send it to you.

thrmaln

Oct 8, 2005, 5:29 PM
Post #60 of 80 (10034 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

For all those interested in helping this guy out, please read.

I recently (03/2005) found climbing at a time when I thought my life was pretty bleak due to something I was going through at the time (rather not elaborate, but not drugs). It completely changed my life and was the best thing that could of happened to me. I met some of the most amazing people, have some of the most amazing friends and ALWAYS received great information from this site when I asked the typical Newbie questions. I was fortunate enough to find safe climbers to show me the ropes and have been doing the same by teaching others what I have learned as well. Anyway, I believe there are people on this board who have had similar situations and would be willing to give back to a fellow climber in need. With that said, I propose the following.

I am sure everyone here has old gear that is still safe just collecting dust. Be it old biners, outdated belay devices, a Cam or two, worn shoes (in mikes and partners size), beginner books that you don't read anymore. I am just an average guy who barely makes his house payment each month, but I am willing to make this happen. I am an honest guy and will not pinch any gear sent to me should anybody be willing to donate. I have a little gear and a few books to send (though not the one he is asking for) and will ask my fellow partners I climb with what they have as well. I may even go by REI and see what shoes are on clearance or see if they have the book he wants.

So Mike, what size shoe do you and your partner wear? What unit of measure for shoes is the size measured in? My friends wife is Chinese in the import export business to China and maybe she could act as a translator to make sure we send stuff to the right place.

So to all you people who are so quick to lash out at some of the ridiculous questions that seem crazy, ignorant or odd, just remember you were once there too. I am sure someone helped you learn this great sport and took the time to show you how to be a safe climber as well as answer questions very much like the ones we see flamed so often. Now is the time to do the same for someone; someone you don't even know.

For those interested in helping, please PM me and I will figure out the logistics of making this happen. If I get response from people I may start a thread just for this.

Best regards,

Marc Webster

ajkclay

Oct 9, 2005, 8:23 AM
Post #61 of 80 (10034 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
*some stuff*

*some other stuff*

so dude if it came off like an insult, I was jjust stating a genral fact and I thought it meant everyone when I read it

heh heh, no worries mate, thought so :)

Adam

htotsu

Oct 9, 2005, 3:35 PM
Post #62 of 80 (10034 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
So to all you people who are so quick to lash out at some of the ridiculous questions that seem crazy, ignorant or odd, just remember you were once there too. I am sure someone helped you learn this great sport and took the time to show you how to be a safe climber as well as answer questions very much like the ones we see flamed so often.
(APPLAUSE)
Just tuning in - only thing I'd add is that used gear can be a safety concern, so perhaps the stress should be more on donating books and the like. That said, thanks Epic Ed for turning this thread around. It's oh, so nice to see the friendliness of climbers here on this climbing website. Too often people here are treated like being new is a crime. How quickly people forget when they were the ones asking the questions.

Partner heiko

Oct 9, 2005, 5:38 PM
Post #63 of 80 (10034 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Mike,
Amazon does "international shipping." Here is the link to their shipping information to Japan.

:?: Japan... hmmm... book will be in Japan... Mike will be in China... :roll:

But sure, if he was Japanese in posession of a credit card I agree this might absolutely be a viable option. ;-)

lofstromc

Oct 9, 2005, 6:00 PM
Post #64 of 80 (10034 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Based on Tattooed Climbers first and only post he is either.

A. not paying attention to this thread anymore
B. embarrassed
C. out climbing
D. all of the above
E. a dick

Mike,
It has been offered before, but I'd like to say it again. PM me if you want and I can help out.

pumpkins

Oct 9, 2005, 6:05 PM
Post #65 of 80 (10034 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

as for the fish, its called biomagnification... as you go up through the food chain, concentrations of harmful chem. inc

have a nice day :roll:

lewisiarediviva

Oct 9, 2005, 10:23 PM
Post #66 of 80 (10034 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
Mike,

:?: Japan... hmmm... book will be in Japan... Mike will be in China... :roll:

But sure, if he was Japanese in posession of a credit card I agree this might absolutely be a viable option. ;-)

Duh. :oops: Leave it to me to be in two worlds at once. Thanks for pointing this out before I made a bigger fool of myself.

By the way, I am a big fan of Canadians. I have friends from and memories in.

squierbypetzl

Oct 10, 2005, 1:13 AM
Post #67 of 80 (10034 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

Altavista translates as:

Rolls goes home! Begs for food also to compare you to have the strength of spirit. Later let alone you will be China come, I also will have to mix in here, the face is all thrown by you.

Umm... I don´t get it... :?

sonus

Oct 10, 2005, 1:34 AM
Post #68 of 80 (10034 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Altavista translates as:

Rolls goes home! Begs for food also to compare you to have the strength of spirit. Later let alone you will be China come, I also will have to mix in here, the face is all thrown by you.

Umm... I don´t get it... :?

Google's translation is a bit different:

Rolls goes home! Begs for food also to compare you has the strength of spirit. Later let alone you will be China come, I also will have to mix in here, the face all lost by you

It doesn't really help though.

sinorock

Oct 10, 2005, 2:10 AM
Post #69 of 80 (10034 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I know plenty of Chinese climbers who directly order climbing books from Amazon. Sometimes they ask their friends to get them books from US and Europe to save the costly shipping charge. Actually, I myself frequently help them getting books and DVDs. Moreoever, Chinese climbers live in the US and Europe are doing a great job in writing and translating classic articles for the Chinese climbing community at large. Most of them, with the permission from authors, are posted online free of charge.

Of course, as every society has idiots, morons, mentally retarded, and criminals, there is no exception that we see a few ugly dudes among Chinese climbers.

Interestingly, Mike didn't post anything on any major Chinese climbing message boards. You would think it is easier for him to post in Chinese and ask for advise from his countrymen (and women) . Instead, despite his struggle with Engish, Mr. Mike posted a message here and begged for free lunch.

Even worse, Mr. Mike wasn't even telling the truth in his begging speech. He lied about the situation in China as a climber, probably thought he could get away from his lies, or he could get sympathy from the "rich" climbers in first- and second world countries.

But surprisingly, this dude got exposed both at rc.com and the Chinese message board! Even his local climbers now started wondering who he was. Have you noticed that he posted the photos carefully without revealing his face?

This shall teach Mr. Mike a lesson. This is what a liar and a parasite deserved, not a free lunch, but a free lesson from the climbing community!

Mike,

You should read this:
http://www.rockbeer.org/bbs/topic.php?forumid=1&topicid=1128747153

lewisiarediviva

Oct 10, 2005, 2:32 AM
Post #70 of 80 (10034 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

How about:

Roll home!
Begging for food, compare yourself
China, you have the strength and spirit.

In a while, China
you will become alone.
and I will have to hide-
my face from you.

thrmaln

Oct 10, 2005, 2:50 PM
Post #71 of 80 (10034 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Sinorock,

How did Mike lie about his situation in China? Did I miss something? How do you know he got exposed on the Chinese message board? Did you have someone read it and translate it for you. I looked it over, but was too busy to attempt to have it translated via the web.

What is everybody's opinion on weather Mike deserves any help from our climbing community? I am still willing to lend a hand as mentioned in my earlier post, but now I am a little more cautious then I was before based on Sinorock's findings should they prove to be true.

Best regards,

Marc Webster

sinorock

Oct 10, 2005, 9:13 PM
Post #72 of 80 (10034 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Hey Sinorock,

How did Mike lie about his situation in China? Did I miss something? How do you know he got exposed on the Chinese message board? Did you have someone read it and translate it for you. ...
... but now I am a little more cautious then I was before based on Sinorock's findings should they prove to be true.

Best regards,

Marc Webster

Hi, Marc,

I appreciate your kindness and serious atitude.

As we shall all strive to be kind and compassionate, we shall not be taken adventage of.

I got to know Goldenmike's infamous post from www.rockbeer.org/bbs. Somehow people in China found out he posted some crap here and got really upset. After reading the thread, I decided to write something to clear things up.

I am an ethic Chinese who lives in US and climb in US, Canada, and China. I speak English and Chinese. In addition to the rc.com, I frequent several major Chinese climbing message boards, such as the bbs on Sina.com, rockbeer.org, "doyouhike", and 8264.com.

I reckon I am qualified to be someone who presents facts. Here is why:

1. I am one of the folks that helped Chinese climbers get books from US. Earlier this year, I helped my friends get four copies of Marc Twight's book, "Extreme Alpinism". Some of them I never met.

2. I translated UIAA's helmet standard, safety test articles by Tom Moyer and others, and had them posted on the Chinese climbing web site so Chinese can read them.

3. I was invited by the Editor of the Chinese Outdoor Magazine "Shan Ye" to write an article on "Selection of ice axes".

4. I made contribution to the "Bai-He Climbing Fund", a grass-root effort to establish climbing routes in China.

5. I am a scientist by profession, whose goal is search for truth. I have more than twenty technical papers published in English and have been invited speakers of numerous universities in US, Canada, and China.

Marc, please PM me if you have any more concerns.

Jane

billit_proof

Oct 11, 2005, 1:05 AM
Post #73 of 80 (10034 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i wish my dog could fly

Partner tattooed_climber

Oct 11, 2005, 1:29 AM
Post #74 of 80 (10034 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Based on Tattooed Climbers first and only post he is either.

A. not paying attention to this thread anymore
B. embarrassed
C. out climbing
D. all of the above
E. a dick

Mike,
It has been offered before, but I'd like to say it again. PM me if you want and I can help out.

BAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

its actually C....i just came back from a nice little road trip into the US and spent some time living in RUSSMAN's backyard and seeing what central washington has to ofter.....

hahahahah...ya /...i'm a dick...sue me...but i'm the coolest dude out there if ya don't cross me....the people on this site who've met me can confirm this.....this is a fucking goddamn website and don't fucking read much into it.....edit the swearing from my original post and ya, i still stand by that....why was i a dick? how the fuck do you get HALF A FUCKING BOOK LEGALLY??????????????????????......

russman told me this turned funny.....lighten up you fuckers :roll:

and who the fuck posted something about me making my woodie??????what the fuck does my father being a great guy that he is and giving me some free plywood (4 sheets, which in his line of work 'who gives a fuck') have anything to do with my credibility......

my point stands....obtaining a illegally copy of this book will only hurt the auther......i think a self-rescue book is something that a fellow climber does out of compassion for other climbers

FUCK YOU n00bS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sava6e

Oct 11, 2005, 3:03 AM
Post #75 of 80 (10034 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Snothead, and all other people who are positive contributors to mankind, i stand corrected for my associating one bad apple with the entire tree. my anger at that moment had led me to become no better than tatclimber, i am sorry. however tat-climber please dont come back to the U.S. you are a discrace to society and from what i can tell only povide negative external benefits, your precense and money is not welcome here and i would consider it appropriate for you to move your ass to some remote part of the world where you would be welcomed. i still cannot believe you are still on your horse abou tthis, did your genious mind ever think maybe he lost the other half, or maybe thats the way he bought it from someone, or some other variable? think dip shit, maybe next time someone is looking for help, find out the ENTIRE situation befoer you add your ignorant comments. may god have mercy on you, if he deems you are worthy.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Beginners

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook