RSS FeedRSS Feeds for International

Premier Sponsor:

gjdesormeauxii

Jul 8, 2002, 6:56 AM
Post #1 of 16 (4066 views)
Shortcut

Partners Wanted In Germany
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm looking for partners in Germany. I love to climb and can't find anyone that can climb more than once or twice a week so I figure, the more partners, the more climbing.

James

[ This Message was edited by: gjdesormeauxii on 2002-07-12 23:41 ]

iris

Jul 8, 2002, 9:42 AM
Post #2 of 16 (4066 views)
Shortcut

Partners Wanted In Germany [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi hi,

In which part of Germany are you living? You should try to post a message in the German Climbing Forum: www.softrock.de/forum/routen/index.php

Good luck
Iris

gjdesormeauxii

Jul 11, 2002, 12:06 PM
Post #3 of 16 (4066 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi Iris,
I'm about 30 minutes outside of Frankfurt in a city called Mainz. There is some decent rock in the area but I don't always have a partner to go test them. Where are you at? Any where close and do you want to climb???

James

PS- My German Sucks bad so the forum at softrock doesn't really help. But thanks anyway.

[ This Message was edited by: gjdesormeauxii on 2002-07-11 05:10 ]

iris

Jul 12, 2002, 9:15 AM
Post #4 of 16 (4066 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi James,

For climbing during the week Luxembourg would be a little bit far away. But if you fancy to climb in Luxembourg a weekend (Berdorf is very pretty), just let me know. Luxembourg is near Trier (30 min) about 2 hours from Mainz. Unfortunately, I do not know the climbing places around this area, as when I used to travel there frequently I didn't climb yet.
See you
Iris

gjdesormeauxii

Jul 13, 2002, 6:30 AM
Post #5 of 16 (4066 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Iris
It was my understanding that you had to have a permit to climb in Lux. (Heavy fines wait for those who choose not to get one and get caught). Is this true? As so heard that it's all lead? Can you fill me in, I'll do some research too but it's always nice to get Beta from local climbers. By the way, I'm looking for people who want to head down to Fontainebleau for some bouldering in early August (just a weekend excursion).

James

iris

Jul 15, 2002, 11:35 AM
Post #6 of 16 (4066 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi James,

Yes true you need a permit to climb in Berdorf (new invention of the year), however I did not hear about a fine (I will ask and keep you informed). Until now I was never checked out and I belief it was not the greatest idea, this permit, as Berdorf nowadays is almost empty.
Fontainebleau sounds great. I would be available the 2-4th August. The week of the 11-18 August I am in Val d'Isère, but then I am free again and without any plans.

See you
Iris

gjdesormeauxii

Jul 15, 2002, 3:46 PM
Post #7 of 16 (4066 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Iris,

We are looking on going to Font the first weekend but have yet to solidify our plans. I'll let you know what days we are going in a couple of days. Looks like it might be a pretty big group. (Basically, it should be realatively cheap to go)

James

iris

Jul 18, 2002, 12:01 PM
Post #8 of 16 (4066 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi James,

I've asked regarding Berdorf and the fine. Until now there is no fine if you haven't got a permit. You are just asked to stop climbing. However I will try to find out whether it is enough if one person has a permit.

Regarding Fontainbleau, I would be happy to join you. Just give me a call when you know more.

In case you have no plans for this weekend, how about travelling to Cormot in France? It is near Dijon and apparently very nice.

See you
Iris

gjdesormeauxii

Jul 22, 2002, 4:25 PM
Post #9 of 16 (4066 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Sorry for no response, been tied up with Scuba diving all weekend . Travelling is cool but right now I don't have a reliable vehicle and my extra cash is in preping for Font. But I'll take a rain check on France. By the way, what do I need to do to get a permit?

James

iris

Jul 23, 2002, 8:30 AM
Post #10 of 16 (4066 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi James,

Please find enclosed the link regarding the permit: http://www.mev.etat.lu/. The best would be if you have an address in Luxembourg, as you can then ask an annual permission and you are sure that you will get it. Last weekend I unfortunately had to discover that they are really serious in checking the permits out - during 5 hours climbing 3 checks. In my view a little bit too much.
By the way Bouldern in Fontainebleau could be a little bit too hot, but how about climbing in Le Saussois? Let you go now.

Iris

gjdesormeauxii

Jul 24, 2002, 2:48 PM
Post #11 of 16 (4066 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Iris,
To bad you can't make Font. But Le Saussois sounds cool. When do you plan to go? Bout how much will it cost? How far away is it? and thanks for the info, I'll share it with a good friend of mine who has been wanting to climb in Lux for awhile.

James

iris

Jul 31, 2002, 2:26 PM
Post #12 of 16 (4066 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi James,

Sorry to reply sooooo late. At the moment I am hardly around this is why I am not always able to answer. I've sent you my telefon number, so just give me a call when you have plans to go somewhere during the weekend or if you would like to climb in Luxembourg.

See you
Iris

pullindown

Aug 4, 2002, 9:30 PM
Post #13 of 16 (4066 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hey there, I am an American climber working in Germany for the next few months. I would appreciate any information on climbing in the country. I am staying in the dusseldorf area. I mostly boulder, but also sport climb. would be great to climb with someone as well. I can't speak German unfortunately! also info on any gyms would be helpful.
jason

[ This Message was edited by: pullindown on 2002-08-04 14:34 ]

gjdesormeauxii

Aug 5, 2002, 10:47 AM
Post #14 of 16 (4066 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Jason,
I don't know much of the Dusseldorf area but if you plan to be down in the Frankfurt area for a weekend I can probably put you up for a night or two and show you a couple crags in the area. As far a bouldering, there are a few places down towards heidelberg for some bouldering about 45 min. south of Frankfurt. If you plan to strike out on your own, get the Odenwald Guild book from a local outdoor shop and you'll be set. As far as German language is conserned, your not the only one so fear not. I can also be reached at gjdesormeauxii@rockclimbing.com

James

[ This Message was edited by: gjdesormeauxii on 2002-08-05 03:59 ]

rico

Aug 5, 2002, 11:18 AM
Post #15 of 16 (4066 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Why don't you try to post your question in english on softrock.de?? I'm sure the Krauts will understand it!!

pullindown

Aug 7, 2002, 9:19 PM
Post #16 of 16 (4066 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks for the response. I will definetely come down to Frankfurt at some point soon. I'm off all of next week, so I think I will go to Font and a few other places.
jason

Forums : Climbing Partners : International

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook