Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

mother_sheep

Jan 18, 2006, 11:03 PM
Post #26 of 55 (6569 views)
Shortcut

Re: Ouray 06: The Wikipedia of Trip Reports [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
Likewise, when I tell you that redpointron climbed in the comp wearing a football jersey rather than that wimpy Scholler Stretch fabric stuff, you -- the reader -- must decide if you believe me.

i did forget to mention that martha and tracy got to see my original comp outfit...too bad no pictures of that one... :oops:

(fyi. reno's telling the truth about the football jersey. check out my new profile pic)

regards

r.r.

MY EYES! MY EYES! AHAHAHAHA! That's right! I'm telling you, you would have won had you worn that little number! heheh

timd

Jan 19, 2006, 5:04 AM
Post #27 of 55 (6569 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Really missed you this year Ma-Sheep

ell

Jan 19, 2006, 6:32 AM
Post #28 of 55 (6569 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

A great time was had by all. I've finally got the photos from the ice fest uploaded. Check them out.

I'm staying at sarcat's place in SLC at the moment. Been skiing some sweet Utah powder.

kcrag

Jan 19, 2006, 7:15 AM
Post #29 of 55 (6569 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
... or that two men were observed with helmets covering their anatomy -- without being held in place by hands.... or any number of things...

http://kellybaldwin.com/whitehouseboys.jpg

(I just couldn't help myself from having some fun with this one! kb.)

redpointron

Jan 19, 2006, 12:44 PM
Post #30 of 55 (6569 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

kelly, you are soooo bad. i am thinking axis of evil bad. you should use your powers for good :wink:

thanks for the link elliot...i like this group shot:

http://elliot.smugmug.com/...y/1137587/4/53006763

r.r.

reno

Jan 19, 2006, 4:31 PM
Post #31 of 55 (6569 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Kcrag, that's the LAST time I let you have free reign over any pictures taken.

Oh, HOW am I going to explain this one to Kathy?

:oops:

talons05

Jan 19, 2006, 6:01 PM
Post #32 of 55 (6569 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

Yo Prez, I thought your wife's name was LAURA... Now I'm glad I got their Thursday instead of Wednesday!

Oh, and whatever your explanation, it'll probably be easier than this one:

http://comp.uark.edu/...bigpics/PICT0073.JPG

I'm working on getting a page created to display some of my photos, probably by this weekend.

Cheers,

A.W.

redpointron

Jan 19, 2006, 7:15 PM
Post #33 of 55 (6569 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

check this out...

http://forums.climbing.com/...p/photo/2306/cat/548

r.r.

mother_sheep

Jan 19, 2006, 7:28 PM
Post #34 of 55 (6569 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Really missed you this year Ma-Sheep

Likewise Tim. Nice seeing you and your wife at the set up. I'll be in Ouray on 2/9 and would like to climb. Is that too far of a haul for you? PM me.

Anyone have a copy of the group shot taken the day of setup?

reno

Jan 19, 2006, 7:51 PM
Post #35 of 55 (6569 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
check this out...

r.r.

Is that you, ron? Whoa... very cool, if so.

redpointron

Jan 19, 2006, 7:56 PM
Post #36 of 55 (6569 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Anyone have a copy of the group shot taken the day of setup?

i have one and have submitted it. it is awaiting approval. i will e-mail it to you as well.

r.r.

redpointron

Jan 19, 2006, 7:58 PM
Post #37 of 55 (6569 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
check this out...

r.r.

Is that you, ron? Whoa... very cool, if so.

yes...it is me. did you get the photos that i sent you?

r.r.

reno

Jan 19, 2006, 7:58 PM
Post #38 of 55 (6569 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Yo Prez, I thought your wife's name was LAURA... Now I'm glad I got their Thursday instead of Wednesday!

Oh, and whatever your explanation, it'll probably be easier than this one:

http://comp.uark.edu/...bigpics/PICT0073.JPG

Uh... "Looks Photoshopped"?

Yeah, that's it.

Ron: Yes, I got your e-mail... thanks.

talons05

Jan 20, 2006, 3:33 AM
Post #39 of 55 (6569 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
check this out...

r.r.

Niiiiice! Hey, btw, I have a video of you soloing out of the canyon if you want it. I don't know if I can host all of my pictures AND that video, so I can send it to you or just upload it to my site later...

Yes, Reno, you're right -- I'm a photoshop FREAK. :wink:

I want to hear som TRs on ORVIS, since I'm going back in February! I need the D.L.

Cheers,

A.W.

reno

Jan 20, 2006, 4:28 AM
Post #40 of 55 (6569 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Of the memories I can recall from Ouray '06, the one that stands out in my mind is redpointron soloing out of the canyon on a thin, nasty, hacked out WI4+ route.

I offered him a chance to ride my rope, but his words were something about beer, nekkid women at Orvis, and tequila.

It's true... I swear. Would I lie to you?

:twisted:

redpointron

Jan 22, 2006, 5:58 PM
Post #41 of 55 (6569 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Niiiiice! Hey, btw, I have a video of you soloing out of the canyon if you want it. I don't know if I can host all of my pictures AND that video, so I can send it to you or just upload it to my site later...

heck yeah, i want a copy of that stuff 8^) . i will p.m. you with my address.

In reply to:
I want to hear som TRs on ORVIS, since I'm going back in February! I need the D.L.

i thought i gave you the t.r. :? . most important thing -- don't dive in the springs. i give it an r/x rating.

In reply to:
Of the memories I can recall from Ouray '06, the one that stands out in my mind is redpointron soloing out of the canyon on a thin, nasty, hacked out WI4+ route.

I offered him a chance to ride my rope, but his words were something about beer, nekkid women at Orvis, and tequila.

It's true... I swear. Would I lie to you?

this is one of my favorite memories, too, jeff. what can i say? when properly motivated, it pretty amazing what someone can and will do...fortunately, austin has some video of it :shock:

we need some more trip reports...

regards

r.r.

redpointron

Jan 23, 2006, 2:36 AM
Post #42 of 55 (6569 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i started this collection of nonsense six days ago (it all seemed much more profound wedged among strangers at 35,000 feet… :? )

every year i steal a few more moments from my family to feed my fix and it seems to me somewhat reckless to not properly appreciate the time they afford me.

so here are a few random thoughts, observations and lessons learned from this year’s version…

:arrow: first & foremost, i learned there is beauty in just stepping to the plate

:arrow: martha, you’ve taught me to think young and to never stop dreaming.

:arrow: fourteen people in a single hotel room trying to be quiet is still gonna get you kicked out.

:arrow: elliot, you proved there is elegance and eloquence in saying less.

:arrow: the first rule of fight club is not talking about fight club.

:arrow: olin, if there was ever an eye of the hurricane; it is you, my friend. talking gear with you was solace from the storm.

:arrow: the best western may have a couple of waffle irons, but the concept of an alpine start is completely lost on them.

:arrow: james, you’re proof positive that a buckeye can climb ice.

:arrow: 9 days away from my kids is too long, BUT 9 days ice and mixed climbing each year is nowhere near enough.

:arrow: sharpie, you continue to push me to climb harder and re-define my limits mentally.

:arrow: there is absolutely no correlation between climbing hard, authoring a guidebook and being civil to your fellow climbers

:arrow: austin, if your passion and excitement for medicine is a sliver of that for ice climbing, then, you’re gonna be one hell of a doctor.

:arrow: who knew a tattoo of the great lakes could be so sexy?

:arrow: nate, i am beginning to think you and scott could epic in the shoe dept. at neptunes. just as long as you post pictures :wink:

:arrow: the second rule of fight club is to make sure the sheriff doesn’t follow you home…

:arrow: tim & jodi rock. when the weather was moving in and everyone was heading out, they volunteered to stay and do clean up by themselves…

:arrow: stitches should not be required after a night at Orvis…

:arrow: lisa, you are one badass ice climber. i cannot wait to join you and adam for some canadian bacon. thanks for sorting out that little problem for me… :shock:

:arrow: katie & mark, i hope we set the hook and reeled you in. good luck with finishing school. btw, forget north carolina and move out west…i can always use another floor to crash upon…

:arrow: the votes need to be re-tallied. shaun alexander is not the MVP. that title, without a doubt goes to kcrag. kelly, I don’t think there is anything you cannot do (and do well).

:arrow: i know less now than i did then…

:arrow: jeff, what can I say, the world is truly a better place with you in it. i cannot believe that anyone has paid it forward like you have. the citizens of southern arizona are a little less safe without you flying the skies...

:arrow: mexican food, no matter how good, for the better part of a week makes the hotel room an unhappy place...

:arrow: northwest is way better than united or american when it comes to getting me my luggage...

:arrow: being stuck in indiana is a pretty small cross to bear…

:arrow: i am certain that erin, gary, monica, mark, michael, colette, mel, and anyone having anything to with the park (and the festival) would give you the shirt off their back (or the crampons off their feet).

:arrow: as this thread should prove, what happens in ouray shouldn’t stay in ouray (except next year the wife doesn’t need to hear about the free-soling).

:arrow: why would the pizza joint close at 7 pm during the ice fest?

:arrow: cindy, I think you need to drop the real estate gig and become a stand up comic.

:arrow: there is such a thing as too many pint glasses.

:arrow: mother sheep—for all the fun and craziness that you and I have existed through—the quiet moments of lucidity are worth the price of airfare themselves.

:arrow: every year my life is changed in big and little ways by 10 days spent in southwest colorado with a few friends. and for that i am thankful

regards.

r.r.

lisap

Jan 23, 2006, 3:12 PM
Post #43 of 55 (6569 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi all! I havent forgottan about you! Coming back from 10 days off work has been a nightmare. I did manage to get up to Canada this weekend and get some climbing in...even got my first lead!

RC.com things to do before the end of the week:

Post my pics
Set up an FTP server to share everyones pics quickly
Write a TR
Comment on all the posts I've barely had time to read

Back to work....

Partner kasharp

Jan 24, 2006, 7:59 PM
Post #44 of 55 (6569 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

So I've been slow in posting to this thread because I was hoping to come up with something deep and profound to say about the trip (see Ron's post ), or atleast something really funny (see Jeff's post) ... but alas, I've got nothing :oops: I do have a lot of great memories and a bunch of new friends though, and yea, this is cheesy, but I miss you guys and wish we could go back!

so in the true style of ultimate cheesiness here you go (in no particular order):
--- thanks to Mark who did all the planning for the trip and made me get my shit together, and for funding most of it when things fell apart
--- thanks to Jeff for making a MILLION (and one) runs to Montrose to pick everyone up, you're awesome, but for more reasons than just that - and for encouraging me to get my butt up every route, I think I would have bailed on one or two if you hadn't been there
--- thanks to Ron for letting me borrow various gear, and giving me a sweet deal on the jacket ... and for being a very entertaining "waste case" :wink:
--- thanks to Aaron for having an awesome car (that I don't think I ever saw you drive... :lol: ) and for being an awesome welcome committee when the whole Ouray idea came up
--- thanks to TimD for calling me a boy so I could get a free beer :wink: and for coming out and bringing you're awesome wife, Jodi, you two are great
--- thanks to Lisa for letting me borrow your boots, crampon, and gloves and for not letting me be the only girl at Orvis ( and congrats on your first lead!!)
--- thanks to Austin for taking the silly picture of me with a mustache... and taking us to that great sushi place ... i'm drooling just thinkng about it...
--- thanks to Olin for being Olin because you're probably the nicest, most easy going person I've ever met - you're a gem - and belaying me on boatramp for 4+ hours :D
--- thanks to Elliot for being an awesome roomie and a great learning partner
--- thanks to James for telling us that awful story about the monkey and partying with us while you could (you have to stay longer next year!)

in conclusion: Thanks to everyone who made my experience awesome (and also possible :lol: ) and hopefully we'll all meet again before the next fest :D

sorry this post is so lame and cheesy ... somebody post something funny quick!

mother_sheep

Jan 24, 2006, 8:22 PM
Post #45 of 55 (6569 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Okay, here's mine.

Martha! Thanks for the ride and the good conversation up and back to Ouray. You’re one cool lady.

Ron! Well, it was just great seeing you again. Here’s to getting out on some ice in March!

Jeff! Thanks for being so cool about the you know. . .incident. I miss you dude!

Aaron! Thanks for watching my back on Thurs night. I appreciate what you tried to do for me. You put the T in Tracy, which stands for trouble.

Ouray PD! Thanks for not making me spend the night in jail.

Ouray DA! Thanks for giving me a legit excuse to take a personal day as opposed to a vacation day to come back to Ouray to climb.

Evil Bartender Woman! I already thanked you.

To the guy who's pants mysteriously fell down in the bar! We all thank you for the shots of to-kill-ya.

As always, it was great seeing Olin, Tim, Jodi and some other people who do not subscribe to this site. It was great meeting all you other people who’s names I can’t remember. I'm sure our paths will cross again.

My stay was real short in Ouray this time but after all the events that lead up to my departure, I felt like I was there with you nuts a lot longer.

My motto. . .GO BIG OR GO HOME. I went big and then I went home.

But I’ll be back!

talons05

Jan 25, 2006, 6:43 PM
Post #46 of 55 (6569 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Homies ( :robert: )

http://comp.uark.edu/~arw07

Pictures are uploaded, video to follow this afternoon or tonight. My website is just a baby so theres a lot under construction (if a link doesn't work here and there...) :oops:

Cheers,

A.W.

P.S. I didn't upload all of the pictures, just the ones I thought might be of interest to the group and that I had a chance to edit (for color, red-eye, etc.)

P.P.S. I left off the homoerotic pictures of Reno, chalk it up to the planets being lined up or something... :wink:

PooPooS. 19 hours of school really sucks balls. :x

reno

Jan 25, 2006, 6:59 PM
Post #47 of 55 (6569 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
P.P.S. I left off the homoerotic pictures of Reno

See, that's what I meant in my original post to this thread about some things being not true....

jasona

Jan 25, 2006, 7:05 PM
Post #48 of 55 (6569 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Homies ( :robert: )

http://comp.uark.edu/~arw07

Pictures are uploaded, video to follow this afternoon or tonight. My website is just a baby so theres a lot under construction (if a link doesn't work here and there...) :oops: ...........................

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /~arw07/ronsoloing.mov on this server.

Partner kasharp

Jan 25, 2006, 7:37 PM
Post #49 of 55 (6569 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

awesome pictures Austin :D thanks for taking the time to post them

talons05

Jan 26, 2006, 3:46 PM
Post #50 of 55 (6569 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks, wish I had more. I took a bunch of Adam (from AR) climbing but have none of me!!! (he takes horrible pictures anyway)

I volunteer to anchor up top and take pictures of everyone next year!

Video update: It's 200Mb, so It's taking forever to upload. Anyone know a good (and free) program that can edit quick time movie files?

Cheers,

A.W.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Trip Reports

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook