Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

weschrist

Mar 22, 2006, 7:39 PM
Post #151 of 172 (10746 views)
Shortcut

Re: more on dogs at the crag [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

fuggin hippies

boardline22

Mar 22, 2006, 11:40 PM
Post #152 of 172 (10746 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
My dog's s--- smells like fresh baked bread.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That may end up being a sig line. Congratulations!

sigged it

ter_bee

Mar 23, 2006, 8:15 PM
Post #153 of 172 (10746 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I have a 12-ounce Teacup Chihuahua named Franco. He is the best trail dog ever. Sometimes he bites people, but it feels like a mosquito-bite so nobody ever gets mad. When he poos it looks like squirrel poo so nobody can tell and I don't have to pick it up. The whole reason I moved to Europe is because dogs are allowed everywhere here (yes, even the restaurants!). His favorite food is Frois-gras and when we eat out he sits on a special cushion in his own chair. We pack the leftovers into a tiny Barbie backpack and he takes his own food to the crag.

Franco has been at different times my best friend and my son. If you talk badly about him I will cut off your balls and feed them to him in a nice souflée.

http://petcaretips.net/chihuahuatc.jpg
(That's my little boy! *muah* *muah* Allez Franco!)

il n'importe pas si c'est vrai. ca histoire est tres hilare!!! merci pour la poste.

Something good came out of this stupid thread. hahahaha.

viacontinuum

Mar 23, 2006, 9:11 PM
Post #154 of 172 (10742 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sometimes i wonder if god made dogs like that just so we could punt them...

tradmanclimbs

Mar 23, 2006, 9:49 PM
Post #155 of 172 (10742 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

God made dogs like trhat so my CAT could kick some dog ass :D

el_jerko

Mar 23, 2006, 10:36 PM
Post #156 of 172 (10742 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

After reading all this, and it has been very entertaining, the barrier no one seems to get past is the status of dogs. All the pro dog people talk about the needs, actions, and rights of dogs as if they are on an equal status with people. Note all the justifications that compare dog activity to problems caused by people. Those who are intolerant of dogs do not view them as equals and see no reason to put up with them. Interestingly the pro dog crowd does not seem to care at all about wildlife and the anti dog contingent seems to think wildlife is more important than pets.

weschrist

Mar 23, 2006, 11:45 PM
Post #157 of 172 (10742 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dogs are not "on an equal status with humans." They eat table scraps and sniff each others ass.

dogs have an impact, but much less than the crowds of people. dogs are transient and disposable, most people forget that humans are too.

I like my dog, I like to see my dog happily chasing rabbits that he will never catch, and I feel good about the fact that he is living a good life.

if you fall on my dog and get hurt, of course I will take responsibility... if I fall on someone's little kid and twist my ankle who is going to pay the bills?

sidepull

Mar 27, 2006, 3:28 PM
Post #158 of 172 (10742 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Confusing logic here. I think most rational people can agree with this first statement:

In reply to:
dogs are not "on an equal status with humans." They eat table scraps and sniff each others ass.

Here's where the logic breaks down. You've established that dogs and humans aren't equal yet you proceed to equate them in your next thought:

In reply to:
dogs are transient and disposable, most people forget that humans are too.

Brilliant!

tradmanclimbs

Apr 3, 2006, 2:23 AM
Post #159 of 172 (10742 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

People sniff each other asses as well :D Especially when hormones and alchohol is involved :D

weschrist

Apr 3, 2006, 2:36 AM
Post #160 of 172 (10742 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Confusing logic here. I think most rational people can agree with this first statement:

In reply to:

Here's where the logic breaks down. You've established that dogs and humans aren't equal yet you proceed to equate them in your next thought:

In reply to:

Brilliant!

Here, pay attention:

Status is, by definition, determined by the community. The human community defines a human's status as higher than that of any other animal, including dogs. Your unhealthy absorption in the human community explains why you (and the rest of the rational community) can so easily agree on the status of a dog vs. a human.

When individual humans have transcended culturally defined labels, and see existence for what it truly is, they will realize that the essential worth (that which is eternally ephemeral) is the same for all living things.

The world would be a much better place if people would remember where they came from and where they will eventually end up... non-existence.

Embrase (that is French) the change and live accordingly.

buckmanriver

Apr 3, 2006, 3:36 AM
Post #161 of 172 (10742 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well I got lazy and did not read all the form but I do have one thing to say. Dogs are cool but keep them under control. I was climbing at shelf road and camping for three days. There are no leash laws there and maybe there should be. Because when we got up this morning to drive home are trash that we left on the pick nick table with a rock on it. We know a couple of loose dogs got to it because it was every where! Along with to big piles of shit right in the middle of are camp site. It sucked to clean up.

I think I will right my state rep.?

dingus

Apr 3, 2006, 4:59 PM
Post #162 of 172 (10742 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

In reply to:

In reply to:

Brilliant!

Here, pay attention:

Status is, by definition, determined by the community. The human community defines a human's status as higher than that of any other animal, including dogs. Your unhealthy absorption in the human community explains why you (and the rest of the rational community) can so easily agree on the status of a dog vs. a human.

When individual humans have transcended culturally defined labels, and see existence for what it truly is, they will realize that the essential worth (that which is eternally ephemeral) is the same for all living things.

The world would be a much better place if people would remember where they came from and where they will eventually end up... non-existence.

Embrase (that is French) the change and live accordingly.

Nice punctuation. See, you CAN teach old dogs new tricks!

DMT

takewrning

Apr 3, 2006, 5:18 PM
Post #163 of 172 (10742 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I always hated when people brought dogs to the crag, and then on Saturday at the New I was walking on the trail past a dog and it's two owners who had it on a leash. It bit me pretty good on my upper thigh. It sucked.
http://static.flickr.com/...51901_8a96f38229.jpg

sidepull

Apr 3, 2006, 5:24 PM
Post #164 of 172 (10742 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
. . .
. . .

Dude, stop smoking your Prana catalogs - you can't inhale neo-spiritual cool not even from the recycled paper and soy-based inks.

killclimbz

Apr 3, 2006, 5:25 PM
Post #165 of 172 (10742 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I always hated when people brought dogs to the crag, and then on Saturday at the New I was walking on the trail past a dog and it's two owners who had it on a leash. It bit me pretty good on my upper thigh. It sucked.

What ever side you are on, I would be making those owners pay for any medical expenses. Not to mention report that incident to animal control. There is no reason to own a viscious animal and there is absolutely NO reason to bring it to the crag. A dog shitting on the trail is one thing, attacking you is a whole different level.

tradmanclimbs

Apr 3, 2006, 6:09 PM
Post #166 of 172 (10742 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

WOW that is NASTY!!! I hope it had all the nessicary shots and that you are going to be ok!!

cosmiccragsman

Apr 3, 2006, 6:11 PM
Post #167 of 172 (10742 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Maybe I'm biased, but, I have Alaskan husky/Arctic white wolf hybrid,
and Glacier has better manners than some climbers I've seen at different climbing areas.
I do think owners have to keep control of them thru good training,
or leash tho. I also believe, if the owners think that their dog could pose a threat to anyone, they should leave them home.

Cosmiccragsman

sausalito

Apr 3, 2006, 6:21 PM
Post #168 of 172 (10742 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

dude. I agree with what others are saying. If an unprovoked dog did this to you while you were simply walking down a trail you are letting everyone else this dog may run into down if you dont report this. I have two dogs that I love (although I rarely take them climbing because they think its a lame white boy sport) so I understand liking dogs but the dog that bit you is making a bad name for every dog if something isnt done.

Also look at the height of where that dog bit you and look at how large the total area is. Think about a kid that tall and about the size of a kid as tall as your upper thighs head.... that bite would have ripped the face off of a kid around that height.

tradmanclimbs

Apr 3, 2006, 6:23 PM
Post #169 of 172 (10742 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Cosmic, you certainly do sound biased!! I have never met a wolf hybrid that didn't scare the piss out of me and most everyone else other than its owners who invariably are convinced that their cute wolf is completly harmless :roll: I Lived with a Hybrid mini lepord for 9 years and I can assure you that he was not anything like the mentality of a normal cat and he certainly was NOT harmless. Little guy really kept me on my toes even though he was verry loveing most of the time. The wild blood is in there and they do think diferently than complete domestic breeds! My Gfs husky was harmless as well untill he gave the neighbor 17 stiches in the face. If you are climbing you cant be controling your dog at the same time? Either climb or go play with your dog. trying to do both at the same time sucks for many of the other people that you come in contact with. the kid thing is really a issue with Hybrids. I worked with a coupple whos wolf hybrid absolutly terrorized short people and kids. They were aware of the issue but didn't have a handle on it 100% of the time. It is kind of like haveing a loaded gun laying arround only less predictable. One of our waitresses who was only 4Ft 9in tall couldn't get out of the car unless the wolf was locked up. I definatly felt uncomfortable trying to get through the employee parkinglot knowing that wolf was tyed to the back of their truck!! Visions of him slipping his collar and eating me :shock:

cosmiccragsman

Apr 3, 2006, 7:14 PM
Post #170 of 172 (10742 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Tradman;
Glacier loves you too :)
Any dog can be vicious. It all depends on how you raise them I've had hybrids since I was a kid , and never once have any of them harmed or attacked anyone. Anyone who have met some of my Hybrids I've had over the years have fallen in love with them. All of my dogs have been highly trained, even my parrots :)

Cosmiccragsman

el_jerko

Apr 4, 2006, 4:57 PM
Post #171 of 172 (10742 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sausalito,
I am about 101% sure that is not a "Dude" leg. I have invested a good deal of time and energy into leg observation (for medical and artistic purposes) and it is my professional opinion the leg into the picture is attached to a young lady. And by the looks of it she is pretty hot, even after being mauled by Smookie Lovey Puppy that just had to be taken to the crag for the day.

weschrist

Apr 5, 2006, 3:56 AM
Post #172 of 172 (10742 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I love dogs. But if I saw a dog do that to someone (especially someone with such nice legs) there would be a nice solid boot right behind the jaw... death style. Or perhaps it would respond better to a stoning.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook