Forums: Climbing Partners: US - East Coast:
PA Climbers Thread!
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - East Coast

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 36 Next page Last page  View All

scottface

Apr 3, 2006, 2:12 AM
Post #651 of 883 (40450 views)
Shortcut

Re: Cliffhangers website discontinued [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Had a blast out at B-boro today and will sleep well tonight!

Someone left a rope and ropbag out there. PM with the description and I'll see that it gets back to you.

mmindtrap

Apr 3, 2006, 4:54 PM
Post #652 of 883 (40450 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah, Birdsboro was a good day outside. My apologies to those whose names I don't remember. I hope you all have dry shoes today.

nikki_keasey

Apr 4, 2006, 1:04 PM
Post #653 of 883 (40450 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I had fun on Sunday and it was great meeting everyone and putting some faces to all of the (user)names. My muscles aren't very happy, but I can pick up a pencil today without straining, which is an improvement over yesterday :wink:
Let this be the first of many great trips!! Stay tuned for Nik's Pix.

PS As I left via the north parking lot, there were 3 cop cars, lights-a-blazin'. Apparently duck-killing is a top priority offense in the metropolis of Birdsboro. Does anyone know if they got those punks?

mmindtrap

Apr 6, 2006, 6:48 PM
Post #654 of 883 (40454 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Nikki, wheres those pix?

nikki_keasey

Apr 11, 2006, 12:46 AM
Post #655 of 883 (40455 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Nikki, wheres those pix?

Patience is a virtue. :wink:

I tried to submit them directly to this website but it was a bit time-consuming, (translation: my boss walked in) so here's a link. Let me know if there are any problems with it:

http://birdsboro.shutterfly.com

Now on to new business: Who can get off this Friday?

joeforte

Apr 11, 2006, 4:53 PM
Post #656 of 883 (40446 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Looks like there'll be a gang going to stoney ridge friday. If anyone is interested, send me a PM.

scottface

Apr 12, 2006, 1:27 PM
Post #657 of 883 (40447 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Nikki, nice pics from B-boro. Thanks! Can't play hookey Friday but have fun if you get outside.

Ditto, Joe for Friday. Going to be busy the next few weeks house-hunting. Have fun at Stoney and hope to get back up there soon.

orangekyak

Apr 17, 2006, 9:01 PM
Post #658 of 883 (40442 views)
Shortcut

researching PA [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi PA folks. My wife and I are considering moving to PA in 16 months (or so). We're not sure what part of the state, exactly, but I'm starting to research. Proximity to decent local crags is important. Perhaps a few of you wouldn't mind providing some beta on where we should be looking to settle.

We live in Mass now, climbing mostly at the gunks and in NH, but we log some important days at the local crags (which are mostly small, but comprised of quality rock) and gyms.

The two areas that seem to make sense are the lehigh valley/easton area and the lanc/york area. We're looking for a place where we might be able to buy a home that's not wedged in between our neighbors' homes, but without being out in the sticks. The fringes of the sticks is good.

Any suggestions for towns that we should look into? Please PM or post if you're inclined to answer. Otherwise, have a good one.

mreff555

Apr 17, 2006, 11:01 PM
Post #659 of 883 (40455 views)
Shortcut

Re: PA Climbers Thread! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I find there are an awful lot of climbers in the east and west but I wonder where did the people in the middle go? I live in south central PA...Mercersburg for those of you who would know my tiny town.

I have no idea where that is. :)

But I just moved to Gettysburg which is in the southern center. I just got started recently and was really starting to get frustraited because I couldn't find anyone to climb with, or anywhere to climb.

I'm pretty green but if you or anyone else is planning a climb I'd be interested.

By the way, are there any climbing gyms in lower central PA?

nikki_keasey

Apr 18, 2006, 3:57 PM
Post #660 of 883 (40442 views)
Shortcut

Re: researching PA [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
The two areas that seem to make sense are the lehigh valley/easton area and the lanc/york area. We're looking for a place where we might be able to buy a home that's not wedged in between our neighbors' homes, but without being out in the sticks. The fringes of the sticks is good.

Any suggestions for towns that we should look into? Please PM or post if you're inclined to answer. Otherwise, have a good one.

I recommend the Lancaster area over York. I lived in Ephrata for a while (8 miles north of Lancaster city), and it suits your requirements- cute little town, but not too little. The homes are reasonably priced, and it's a short drive to Birdsboro, Chickie's Rock, Safe Harbor, and probably more that I'm not thinking of.
Best wishes!

decemberdays27

Apr 20, 2006, 2:58 AM
Post #661 of 883 (40443 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey. i some how never saw this thread, even though ive been on this site for a while now, lol. so i live in the lehigh valley and am huge into bouldering. anyone go bouldering around the lehigh valley?? ive gone to big rock park and emmaus, never got to go to haycock yet, but someone told me about area 51?? idk where it is but it sounds good. well if anyone boulders anywhere around me at all, let me know cause i really need more climbing partners so i can get out more. im always willing to go out like everyday, but i just dont have enough partners ever, lol.

mmindtrap

Apr 20, 2006, 12:32 PM
Post #662 of 883 (40448 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

So the PM's aren't working for me. Does anyone want to climb at Birdsboro this afternoon? I got a phone call on Tuesday but I don't remember who it was, sorry. Whoever you are call me again if you plan on getting out today. Kim, can you make it this afternoon?

dontfall

Apr 27, 2006, 12:51 PM
Post #663 of 883 (40442 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Friday the 28th, I'll be getting outta work at 3pm. Anyone up for some Bouldering? Haven't climbed in months but I need to get cranking again. I'm in tobyhanna but willing to drive.

Don't wanna post my cell over the internet so PM me.

mmindtrap

May 2, 2006, 6:02 PM
Post #664 of 883 (40444 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey guys, I'm headed to Seneca this weekend and want to see if anyone wanted to go along for the ride? You know carpool.

hugorocha

May 5, 2006, 2:35 AM
Post #665 of 883 (40444 views)
Shortcut

Where to go climbiing....partners [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hi,
I'm from Colombia,
I've been climbing since 12 years ago, US, mexico, Guatemala, Salvador, Costa rica , Coloimbia, Venezuela, Peru, Ecuador....
I'm in Philadelphia looking for a parthner on sundays, please, somebody, solid 10 tradicional, 11, 12 sport, bouldering too....
Iwento to kelly drive... It mekes me so sad, I need to go real climbing...

please, help me, Whre to go, somebody!!!!

sorry about my english.

Hugo

hugorocha

May 12, 2006, 1:12 AM
Post #666 of 883 (40442 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hey nobody is going to ask my petition.....

please, phily climbers
I want to climb with somebody!!!

I'm a nice latino looking for friends

nikki_keasey

May 26, 2006, 1:31 PM
Post #667 of 883 (40441 views)
Shortcut

This weekend? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Just wondering if anyone is going out this weekend within an hour of Lancaster. I'm not sure what my schedule is, but maybe Sunday or Monday I'll be free. Let me know if there are any trips in the works. Thanks!
-nikki

carpediem

May 31, 2006, 6:16 PM
Post #668 of 883 (40445 views)
Shortcut

Re: researching PA [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Hi PA folks. My wife and I are considering moving to PA in 16 months (or so). We're not sure what part of the state, exactly, but I'm starting to research. Proximity to decent local crags is important. Perhaps a few of you wouldn't mind providing some beta on where we should be looking to settle.

We live in Mass now, climbing mostly at the gunks and in NH, but we log some important days at the local crags (which are mostly small, but comprised of quality rock) and gyms.

Hey I live in Mass now but grew up in Pa... I grew up in king of prussia, stay clear of that area... wicked crowded (damn mall)

I went to school in the poconos... (East Stroudsburg) some good climbing in the water gap, paddling, hiking...fishing, great local gym (north summit)

I also lived in York area, probably moving back there one day( the wife is from york) there is great bouldering at the governers stable, and good climbing at Chickies rock. these guys would probably have better input on climbs that I would, but Pa is a GREAT Place to live. No soxies, but the drivers are better!!! there is also a ton of crags near Harrisburg area, Mechanicsville(burg) one of the two.

Jeff

jhortua

Jun 2, 2006, 12:21 AM
Post #669 of 883 (40443 views)
Shortcut

Moving to Philly from LA -- Need climbing partners [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi, I'll be moving to Swarthmore, PA this week from Los Angeles. I'm looking for people to climb outdoors and indoors with. I've been sport climbing on lead for five years in the 10s. I've been following/cleaning trad for about a year on both single and multipitch stuff, mostly in the California (sandbaggy) 9s. Would love to find a proficient trad pro to learn from. My schedule is a little complicated in that I have a wife and two kids. Also love to boulder -- in fact my fingers are still healing from my final trip to Bishop this past weekend. You can email me at joe.hortua@hotmail.com. Looking forward to learning the area!

emorydylan

Jun 4, 2006, 5:32 PM
Post #670 of 883 (40445 views)
Shortcut

Re: PA Climbers' Thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I am new to the Wilkes-Barre area of PA and would love to catch up with people climbing local crags, such as Tilbury Knob, for nice days after work. And for the weekends, I'm always ready for climbing at the Gunks or other places involving a bit of a drive. Just send me a PM!

I love setting top rope anchors and climbing multi-pitch! I have lead sport a little, but hope to become proficient with that skill as well as to begin learning TRAD.

cacalderon

Jun 6, 2006, 2:51 AM
Post #671 of 883 (40459 views)
Shortcut

Re: Where to go climbing....partners [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

:D Hey Hugo what's up... I am also a fellow Colombian living in Philly for two years now...

I have some on and off 6-7 years of climbing experience ( COL & US ) and I would be happy to get together for some solid climbing!

I definitely need a partner for outdoor activities since most of my climbing here in Philly is done indoors...

Let me know what you think..

Carlos A. Calderon

jhortua

Jun 8, 2006, 2:49 PM
Post #672 of 883 (40446 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Colombianos. I'm also Colombian and new to the area.

Just moved to Philly from Los Angeles and looking for a parter. I lead climb in the 5.10s and follow/clean trad in 5.9s. I have my own rack, which is new -- but have not lead on it as of yet.

Looking for someone to climb at the gym for now. But am interested in exploring the area too.

Feel free to email me joe.hortua@hotmail.com or phone me at 310-694-7725.

cacalderon

Jun 11, 2006, 12:31 PM
Post #673 of 883 (40444 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

8^) Awesome Joe.. talk to you by e-mail then.

See ya later,

mk3vdub

Jun 22, 2006, 12:30 AM
Post #674 of 883 (40443 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I just picked up an issue of Liberty Sports Magazine and it had an article on PA Climbing. It mentioned sport climbing on the Forster Bridge in Harrisburg. Can anyone elaborate?

mmindtrap

Jun 27, 2006, 11:20 PM
Post #675 of 883 (40447 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

So, I want to go climbing at the Gap this holiday weekend. Anyone up for a day on the rock?

First page Previous page 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 36 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - East Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook