RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - South

Premier Sponsor:

mark_nasty

May 19, 2006, 4:36 AM
Post #1 of 9 (1519 views)
Shortcut

need partner in north texas area
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

i climb a 5.9 10ish. i work at a lifetime fitness, and im a rock wall instructor there but i need someone who has expierence to help me out and really teach me everything i need to know

dynorat

May 19, 2006, 6:14 AM
Post #2 of 9 (1519 views)
Shortcut

Re: need partner in north texas area [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

You should visit other gyms in the area like the Canyons in Frisco or Exposure in Carrolton(I think). They are pretty good at what they do.

BTW running a climbing wall with little or no knowledge puts you and everyone who touches it at a great personal risk.

Jason

spunkyredraider

May 24, 2006, 1:27 AM
Post #3 of 9 (1519 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well, I am from the north dallas area and was really needing a partner. I'm recovering from an injury now, but I have heard alot of good things about the new gym in Frisco. If you wanna keep in touch you can PM me. Before I got hurt I was climbing at a 5.9/5.10 I don't know where I will be when I can go back but I've heard that it comes back. So if you just need someone to climb with I'm looking at going back in January.

May 24, 2006, 8:38 PM
Post #4 of 9 (1519 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I just PM'd you but for anyone else seeking climbing partners in the area...
My girlfriend and I climb quite a bit at Summit in Grapevine. Its a nice gym, good people and is not terribly overrun by birthday parties, though it can happen. We're always open to climbing with anyone and make day trips to Reimer's Ranch when we have a free Sunday.

She's a much more talented climber than me, and she's an awesome teacher so it works out quite well.

catmonster

May 26, 2006, 5:04 AM
Post #5 of 9 (1519 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey,

I'm moving to Austin next week, I don't know how close that is but I've heard a lot of people from Austin climb at Reimer's Ranch. Send me a PM if you want to meet up some weekend.

Peace,
Cat

zeorymer

Jun 1, 2006, 2:36 PM
Post #6 of 9 (1519 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm in Denton now. Haven't been climbing in close to 2 years, but when I did climb I was climbing strong. Looking to get back into it now and having a partner would be a great motivation.

Looks like I'll probably be doing most of my climbing at The Canyons in Frisco. If anybody else climbs there or is thinking about it, let me know!

Edit: I forgot to mention that I am extremely interested in going out to Paradise on the Brazos or Mineral Wells and doing some sport climbing there. Going with someone with a bit more experience than myself would be a good idea, though.

Jun 5, 2006, 3:49 PM
Post #7 of 9 (1519 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I could be mistaken, but Mineral Wells is all TR, but PoB does have sport climbing. Austin is, in my opinion, a much better use of your time in terms of a climbing trip, though.

krose2175

Jun 16, 2006, 6:41 PM
Post #8 of 9 (1519 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey everyone. I've been climbing a couple of times, indoors, and was hoping to find someone to workout with. If you're interested, please let me know. I am fairly inexperienced and have a lot to learn, but I'm really excited about improving skills and getting outdoors for some real climbing.

sport_climbertx

Jun 21, 2006, 3:42 AM
Post #9 of 9 (1519 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Karma, not sure if you remember but we have climbed together at mineral wells in the past. I was just wondering what days you climb, i haven't been in a couple of months now, and wanted to start up again, but don't have any one to go with.

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - South

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook