RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Ladies' Room

Premier Sponsor:

alexis_86

Jun 18, 2006, 1:24 PM
Post #1 of 5 (1001 views)
Shortcut

Getting back in the game...
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

It's been months since I did any actual climbing and I'm about to start again. My little problem is that I'm not more terrified of heights than I was before. I can't even let myself fall 3 meters from the top of the bouldering wall to the crash pad below. What's up with that? Anyhow, I need to get over this and do some serious highwall climbing but have no idea how to. Ladies?

sg81hani

Jun 18, 2006, 2:51 PM
Post #2 of 5 (1001 views)
Shortcut

Re: Getting back in the game... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i guess u need a trusted belayer..(i'm available :) hehe) . start top rope on easy routes first.... u'll be fine :)
Hani

elshells

Jun 23, 2006, 6:50 AM
Post #3 of 5 (1001 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I have not climbed in about 4 + months. And it will be 8 weeks and then I will be back in the game (I am having a baby in 2 weeks or less). I am nervous about leading, and taking a lead fall on my squishy belly. But I will be starting out very slow probably at a gym for the first 2-3 months.

So I just wanted to say good luck. Start small with people that your have confidence in. And have fun!!!!

sg81hani

Jun 23, 2006, 2:59 PM
Post #4 of 5 (1001 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

congrats bout the baby!!!!!

jdouble

Jun 23, 2006, 4:24 PM
Post #5 of 5 (1001 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
It's been months since I did any actual climbing and I'm about to start again. My little problem is that I'm not more terrified of heights than I was before. I can't even let myself fall 3 meters from the top of the bouldering wall to the crash pad below. What's up with that? Anyhow, I need to get over this and do some serious highwall climbing but have no idea how to. Ladies?

A good exercise is to build yourself back up in small steps. If you are worried about falling three meters, take some practice falls at one meter. When you feel TOTALLY comfortable, take a practice fall at 1.3 meters....... Its all about baby steps.

Same with sport lead falls. Clip the bolt, and fall while still below the bolt. Look, you are still alive! Then climb up so the bolt is at your waist. Fall. Look, you are alive again! Now climb up so the bolt is two inches below you waist. Guess what, you are alive! Now get the bolt to you knees..........

If at any point you are not TOTALLY comfortable, go back to the level where you felt fine and build up from there again.

Hope it helps.

Jay

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook