Premier Sponsor:

reno

Jul 2, 2006, 1:58 AM
Post #1 of 18 (810 views)
Shortcut

One for the married guys....
Report this Post
Can't Post

Why is it that when SHE writes down a "Honey-Do" list of things to be done, it had damn well better get done, or there's hell to pay.... while when YOU write down a "Honey-Do" list, it's "Yeah, sure, maybe... if I get around to it between eating Bon-bons and watching soap operas." ??

I got home this morning, after a long 48 hour shift in which we had several critical patients, one that died, and one that probably will. There on the table was a "Honey-Do" list. All I wanted to do was catch a few hours sleep (had two hours sleep last night, and four the night before,) take the dogs to the park for a game of "Master, go fetch!" and spend the afternoon reading my book, drinking a cold beer, and letting some Maynard Feurgeson play in the background.

But NO!

I have me a "Honey-Do" list.

Bunch of crap I tell ya.

boondock_saint

Jul 2, 2006, 4:46 AM
Post #2 of 18 (810 views)
Shortcut

Re: One for the married guys.... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Why is it that when SHE writes down a "Honey-Do" list of things to be done, it had damn well better get done, or there's hell to pay.... while when YOU write down a "Honey-Do" list, it's "Yeah, sure, maybe... if I get around to it between eating Bon-bons and watching soap operas." ??

I got home this morning, after a long 48 hour shift in which we had several critical patients, one that died, and one that probably will. There on the table was a "Honey-Do" list. All I wanted to do was catch a few hours sleep (had two hours sleep last night, and four the night before,) take the dogs to the park for a game of "Master, go fetch!" and spend the afternoon reading my book, drinking a cold beer, and letting some Maynard Feurgeson play in the background.

But NO!

I have me a "Honey-Do" list.

Bunch of crap I tell ya.

well if you cry whine and bitch like a little girl some more, perhaps your wife will let the you wear the pants on occasion

reno

Jul 2, 2006, 4:50 AM
Post #3 of 18 (810 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
well if you cry whine and b---- like a little girl some more, perhaps your wife will let the you wear the pants on occasion

Ain't been laid in months, have ya?

Partner climbinginchico

Jul 2, 2006, 5:15 AM
Post #4 of 18 (810 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
well if you cry whine and b---- like a little girl some more, perhaps your wife will let the you wear the pants on occasion

Ain't been laid in months, have ya?

Ever?

epic_ed

Jul 2, 2006, 7:18 AM
Post #5 of 18 (810 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hehehe -- welcome to the world of committed relationships, bro. You'll get plenty of us to comiserate with you, but I'm not sure anyone is going to have an answer. I sure as hell don't. My lists just keep growing, and when they don't get done, then you get to see what a world-class nag the lil lady is. Mine has a black belt in nag-kindo.

Ed

Partner euroford

Jul 2, 2006, 3:33 PM
Post #6 of 18 (810 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i just got a kick of nag-kindo like right now.

i'm sitting here in my study drinking a cup off coffee with obviously huge piles of MY OWN to-do bs stacked around me....

so she comes up behind, and is all like 'since your leaving for colorado on friday, for two weeks, you have to get this stuff done before you go'

and she starts running off this whole list of things that are going be like absolutly impossable to accomplish in the limited timeframe, and then she runs down whats going on every day from now until i escape on friday.

'so tim, i don't know when your going to do all of this, probobly wendsday, but nooooo, wendsday you say you have to go over to steves house'

'yeah, i need to drop this stuff off at steves, what you think i'm just going to leave the pigs and ropes sitting in the hallway while i go climbing????'

'well???'

'well what???'

then she finallly leaves me alone so i can type this. lol

Partner macherry

Jul 2, 2006, 4:52 PM
Post #7 of 18 (810 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

well boys, did someone call the whhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaambulance?

now get back to your honeydo list and quit your bitching.

hey, mine's already got the back decked stained and he'w working on the house trim

...............and i might add, i'm not going to show him this thread :tinfoilhat:

charley

Jul 2, 2006, 5:46 PM
Post #8 of 18 (810 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

This morning, after partying and dancing to three am, I had to go buy some primer, cleaners, etc. Then go with her to the grocery store. Then I had to do some patching and primer the front porch. Getting it ready to paint. I'm glad we have to go to a childs birthday party this afternoon. Maybe I can get some rest. :lol:
But she is worth it. I don't know what I would be without her, prolly some drunken climbing bum or something.

redpointron

Jul 2, 2006, 5:47 PM
Post #9 of 18 (810 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

glad to hear your party is over...

i was getting tired of all the "oh the sky is such a deeper shade of blue" or "these flowers smell so much more fragrant since i fell in love". i needed an air sickness bag just being around you... :wink:

take care and tell k "hi"

r.r.

reno

Jul 2, 2006, 5:59 PM
Post #10 of 18 (810 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
i was getting tired of all the "oh the sky is such a deeper shade of blue" or "these flowers smell so much more fragrant since i fell in love". i needed an air sickness bag just being around you...

Ah, you're just jealous cause K has big pendulous hooters and R doesn't. ;)

My best to R, G, and M. See ya soon, I hope.

vivalargo

Jul 2, 2006, 8:58 PM
Post #11 of 18 (810 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Who can explain it?
Who can tell you why?
Fools give you reasons--
Wise men never try.

from Bali High (South Pacific)
Oscar Hammerstein

bobd1953

Jul 3, 2006, 3:19 AM
Post #12 of 18 (810 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Reno...the secret to a successful marriage is...DO WHAT YOU ARE TOLD. PERIOD. I learned that almost 32 years ago. I know my place. Life is better that way.

climbsomething

Jul 3, 2006, 3:36 AM
Post #13 of 18 (810 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

This reminds me, Alex has to take me shopping. We need to do a Costco run. Toilet paper, enough chicken breasts to feed a platoon, and dog food, and more, all very important. I have been politely reminding him since Friday, though I understand it can be hard to hear me over the voice chat of his World of Warcraft guildmates.

I will politely remain fully clothed until he relents.

reno

Jul 3, 2006, 4:50 AM
Post #14 of 18 (810 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Reno...the secret to a successful marriage is...DO WHAT YOU ARE TOLD.

Yeah, I got that part figured out already. Made that determination the second day. :)

The other secret: Do what her Momma tells you, too. 'Specially with this one.

climbsomething

Jul 3, 2006, 5:14 AM
Post #15 of 18 (810 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
The other secret: Do what her Momma tells you, too. 'Specially with this one.
heehee! It's like you've got a bug in our house!

My folks like to drag Alex out shopping, then make him lift, assemble and install the heavy items.

We're not even married! But my mom can never have too many sons.

wjca

Jul 3, 2006, 12:57 PM
Post #16 of 18 (810 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
This reminds me, Alex has to take me shopping. We need to do a Costco run. Toilet paper, enough chicken breasts to feed a platoon, and dog food, and more, all very important. I have been politely reminding him since Friday, though I understand it can be hard to hear me over the voice chat of his World of Warcraft guildmates.

I will politely remain fully clothed until he relents.

Hilary, I can now see what your problem is. Alex is a dork. Go give him a wedgie and toss his ass in the car. You got dog food that needs buying.

yanqui

Jul 3, 2006, 4:12 PM
Post #17 of 18 (810 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The wife gets breakfast in bed, every morning, workdays and weekends. And beer service at night. With a smile. Part of my recipe for a happy marriage. She has her own recipe as well. One that works just fine, for me.

But I ain't never seen no honeydo list, never. Thank God. I prefer to define my own input values, as much as possible. But there's nothing wrong with doing something for someone you love. Most of the other crap you can save till you're dead.

Partner j_ung

Jul 3, 2006, 4:16 PM
Post #18 of 18 (810 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Are you crazy? Do the do list. Just shut up and get it done. Good god, man, she could be reading this!!

:tinfoilhat: :tinfoilhat: :tinfoilhat:

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook