RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Injury Treatment and Prevention

Premier Sponsor:

egonogo

Jul 30, 2006, 8:59 PM
Post #1 of 3 (753 views)
Shortcut

Treatment for a pulley injury
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I've never experienced this injury, and quite frankly it may not be a pulley, but the pain I'm feeling is at only 1 point in my middle finger(above my first knuckle). If anyone can diagnose whats wrong from this discription cool, if not just explain what you do for a pulley injury.

thanks

mikej

Jul 30, 2006, 11:15 PM
Post #2 of 3 (753 views)
Shortcut

Re: Treatment for a pulley injury [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Don't forget that you can use the search option to find out stuff like this. I'll humor you though.
I'll tell you what tony yaniro told me when i asked him whats the best thing to do for tendon and pulley injuries. When an Olympic runner trains for hard sprints, they use about 80-90% of their tendons ability when pushing as hard as they can. When a climber is on a route that is moderate for their ability, they use nearly 100% of their tendons ability and beyond that they are strained and pulled very easily. You can tape your lower pads to help prevent it and probably should, but the only thing that helps them get better is to take time off from climbing. If it takes 3 weeks for it to stop hurting completely, take another 3 weeks off. If it heals right, it will heal stronger. If you keep pulling it, when it does heal, it will heal weaker because instead of healing as one solid piece, it heals as smaller strands as it is pulled again re-injured. Glucosamine, condritin and msm can help, but taking time off is the only way to get them completely healed. Endurance training helps strengthen them too. I hope it heals soon.

egonogo

Jul 31, 2006, 1:19 AM
Post #3 of 3 (753 views)
Shortcut

Re: Treatment for a pulley injury [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I appreciate you humoring me, I'll search next time

Forums : Climbing Information : Injury Treatment and Prevention

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook