RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Beginners

Premier Sponsor:

gibson

Aug 3, 2006, 5:37 AM
Post #1 of 12 (1496 views)
Shortcut

Pennsylvania Climbs
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I would consider myself a beginner climber (I'm 15) , and I live in the south central PA region. I looked at the guides of places to climb, but I was wondering if there would be any guided climbs, or possibly clinics in my area. I am looking to go on a climb with a teacher that could help me and guide me through my first true climb.

Partner thespider

Aug 3, 2006, 8:12 PM
Post #2 of 12 (1496 views)
Shortcut

Re: Pennsylvania Climbs [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey gibson,

welcome to RC.com. I also live in south central PA. I don't know if there are any clinics or guided routes close by, but there are some in NC. If your interested in climbing with me and my partners, we would be willing to meet you somewhere. We are in no way experts at climbing, but we do a lot of top roping and bouldering. Good luck climbing!

mheyman

Aug 3, 2006, 8:39 PM
Post #3 of 12 (1496 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You have not posted enough information to for me to be really helpful. But, you could try to get to Climbnasium in Mechanicsburg for fun, training, and to meet other climbers.

gibson

Aug 3, 2006, 8:57 PM
Post #4 of 12 (1496 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well, like I said, I'm brand new to this whole thing, I've climbed walls since I was little, and seem to be pretty good at doing that. I mean, I know there is probably no comparison, but I'm just saying. So, in all actuallity, I have very little clue about climbing for real, so that was why I was wondering if there would be any classes. Thanks, mheyman I will have to check out that place in Mechanicsburg sometime.

EDIT: I just gave Climbnasium a call, and they said they do not offer any actual instruction, but if I asked around, other people climbing would help me. I just dont want to go there and be in all my gear, and have no one to help me, but I would still like to check it out sometime.

Now does that place just have like walls to climb or what? I couldnt find any pictures of the inside of it.

n57flyguy

Aug 4, 2006, 2:48 PM
Post #5 of 12 (1496 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey guys, Im new here to and live in South-Eastern PA. I am as well 15. Im planning on going to Philly to climb indoors there, but want to find some people in my area who I could go out door climbing with. I plan on getting my own gear soon. Ive been climbing once before in OK, only one trip, I repeled three times and climbed once, so I know a little bit about climbing in general. I just wanted to know if any of you guys would be interested in helping me out, find some people and a partner, let me know, I would be much appreciative. Thanks.

Paul

Partner thespider

Aug 4, 2006, 2:53 PM
Post #6 of 12 (1496 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well Guys,

Me and my partners do a lot of climbing in central PA. We often go places for a day of climbing, but we would also like to schedule some overnights, weekends of climbing. I can post and let you all know when and where we will be, you are always more than welcome to show up and climb, ask questions, etc.

galt

Aug 4, 2006, 2:58 PM
Post #7 of 12 (1496 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm in Bedford & there is some decent climbing around here. I'm actually in the process of developing a spot 10 min. from where I live. Let me know if you are in the area & want to climb.

slowhand

Aug 4, 2006, 8:05 PM
Post #8 of 12 (1496 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Where is there to climb around Bedford??

twiztedmusky

Aug 8, 2006, 2:20 AM
Post #9 of 12 (1496 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey everyone, well i am new to rock climbing i went to a few indoor walls but that is about it so far, but im looking into getting into it seriously, im from SWPA only 1/2 hour from Uniontown so i hope some of those people read this, anyways, im really just looking for some partners to climb with and teach me the basics, and to help out, and to have some fun. so if people could get back to me itd be much appreciated. my aim is twiztedmusky30 so feel free to msg me any time. thanks!

ripcurlksm

Sep 15, 2006, 6:38 AM
Post #10 of 12 (1496 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey first time posting on this forum, hello all. :shock:

Have you looked into "High Rocks" at Ralph Stover State Park? I have top-ropped a bunch there and love it. Its got easy to challenging climbs. Great scenery overlooking the bend in a river. Check it out!

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/...RKS/ralphstover.aspx

Best,
Kevin

n57flyguy

Sep 17, 2006, 1:43 AM
Post #11 of 12 (1496 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

How far is High Rocks from Nockamixon (Haycock Mt.)?

I have a friend in that area who doesnt climb, but he told me about High Rocks and I told him if I could find someone who is interested on this site to go with us sometime, we could go climb there. ever be interested in going up?

n57flyguy

Sep 17, 2006, 1:45 AM
Post #12 of 12 (1496 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

How far is High Rocks from Nockamixon (Haycock Mt.)?

I have a friend in that area who doesnt climb, but he told me about High Rocks and I told him if I could find someone who is interested on this site to go with us sometime, we could go climb there. ever be interested in going up?

Forums : Climbing Information : Beginners

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook