RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Suggestions & Feedback

Premier Sponsor:

veganboyjosh

Aug 28, 2006, 11:26 PM
Post #1 of 2 (705 views)
Shortcut

pm feature suggestion
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

howdy mods...

so, when users recieve a pm, there's the option of getting a notification email. which is nice, cos it means i don't have to keep checking my inbox on rc.com as well as my gmail, hotmail and yahoo inboxes...

occasionally, i'll get into a discussion with another user via pm's, and we'll go back and forth a couple of times before one of us suggests moving the conversation to email, which is more effecient, since i won't have to get one notification email and one actual pm/email...

would it be possible to include the pm in the notification email? for example, instead of me receiving an email that says "new pm to you from rc.comuser -----.", i would get one that says "new pm to you from rc.comuser--- which says 'what kind of shoes do you wear to climb?'".

that way, i could know if i wanna answer right away, or let it sit...

taking it a bit further, it would be awesome if i could reply to the same pm's directly from my email account, making it not necessary to log in to rc.com, go to my inbox, click on the pm, and reply to it.

any possibility of seeing this anytime soon?

thanks.

josh.

Partner philbox

Aug 29, 2006, 6:32 AM
Post #2 of 2 (705 views)
Shortcut

Re: pm feature suggestion [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

In reply to:
howdy mods...

so, when users recieve a pm, there's the option of getting a notification email. which is nice, cos it means i don't have to keep checking my inbox on rc.com as well as my gmail, hotmail and yahoo inboxes...

occasionally, i'll get into a discussion with another user via pm's, and we'll go back and forth a couple of times before one of us suggests moving the conversation to email, which is more effecient, since i won't have to get one notification email and one actual pm/email...

would it be possible to include the pm in the notification email? for example, instead of me receiving an email that says "new pm to you from rc.comuser -----.", i would get one that says "new pm to you from rc.comuser--- which says 'what kind of shoes do you wear to climb?'".

that way, i could know if i wanna answer right away, or let it sit...

taking it a bit further, it would be awesome if i could reply to the same pm's directly from my email account, making it not necessary to log in to rc.com, go to my inbox, click on the pm, and reply to it.

any possibility of seeing this anytime soon?

thanks.

josh.

All good suggestions Josh but it may not happen. The main priority at this time is to get rc.com shifted over to the faster DZ servers and to revamp the code that runs this site. All other issues with improvements are on hold till this massive job is complete. Sorry I can't be of more help but that is the reality.

The new site move was expected by the end of August but a few outstanding issues with the code are yet to be resolved but I am told that the move will happen soon. The main problem is that this site has been worked on sooooo much by those pesky code monkeys trying to give us all a better online climbing experience that it now becomes a vastly more complex problem trying to migrate the code from phpbb to gossamer.

This site has some quite unique code cobbled together.

Forums : Rockclimbing.com : Suggestions & Feedback

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook