Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Thailand Guiding Services
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

jookyhead

Sep 11, 2006, 5:42 AM
Post #1 of 2 (729 views)
Shortcut

Thailand Guiding Services  (Europe: England: Peak_District: Stanage_Edge__OS_: Stanage)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm going to Thailand this December and could use a little advice. Here's the scoop:

I'll be traveling with my Dad who recently and unexpectedly required knee surgery and now will not be able to climb at all. While he says he doesn't mind being a belay slave for a while, that will get old fast and I'd rather not force him to do that the whole damn time. That said, I am now looking into getting a guide to take me around and climb with me awhile my so my Dad can run off and do other things.

Does anybody have experience with or recommendations for the local guiding services? Any advice on who/what/when/where/how would be highly appreciated. Hell, any advice on Thailand in general would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jooky

rickeden

Sep 11, 2006, 6:16 AM
Post #2 of 2 (729 views)
Shortcut

Re: Thailand Guiding Services [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Where in Thailand are you going to climb??? If it is Krabi, then you can hire a guide, or just meet up with another climber. There are lots there. If you go to Chiang Mai, your can hire a guide too, but again just get hold of another climbing. www.thailandclimbing.com They will help you out.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook