Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

kimmyt

Sep 25, 2006, 8:42 PM
Post #26 of 31 (3611 views)
Shortcut

Re: PA Gathering at the Gunks V4.0 September 29th-October 1s [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'll only be climbing for one day, unfortunately. I have a wedding to attend on Saturday but will be heading up afterwards and hopefully getting up there intime for dinner. Don't know where/when, but I think the people I will be meeting up with will be going out to dinner, probably Bacchus which would meet your criteria for brews. I have to check my cell, but Phil and Dan just in case PM me with your number, or you can stop by our campsite at the MUA (probably at the top of the hill) for some campfire and spray. :) BYObrews. Phil I have a biner of yours and Dan I have a water bottle (I know, I'm such a gear thief!) Others can feel free to stop by for some campfire action as well, if you're in the area of the MUA.

K.

walllizzard

Sep 25, 2006, 10:39 PM
Post #27 of 31 (3611 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Kimmy and Phil,

Yeah I'm up for the brews, Ill have a friend with me also, but shes a blast. I'm pretty sure Ill be staying at the hostel yet, unless all the rooms/ beds are taken. If not ill stay at the MUA area or the place that Gail recommended. Cant wait to see you all up there. Ill send you my Phone #.

Dan

roclimb

Sep 26, 2006, 3:09 AM
Post #28 of 31 (3611 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I plan to come up saturday for the day.

Look foreward to meeting new climbers. Do you still need a meal portions brought?

~Rob :D

Partner happiegrrrl

Sep 27, 2006, 4:26 AM
Post #29 of 31 (3611 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Gail(and other Gunks Gatheringers) Sorry for my late "acceptance" but not having a car has made my travel plans very difficult this season(because I like to bring my dog along)

But - I decided that enough is enough - and I am renting a car for this weekend. So - I will be there! Sortof, anyway....

I am arriving Friday evening probably about 7pm. I am going to camp at the MUA, because I'd like to have a fire and though the Gristmill is great....no fires allowed.

Anyone wanting to stop by and visit - I will be on the side that is closer to 45/55, and will try to take that spot that is next to the parking area(by portapotty). If I don't get that one, I'll post which spot I am in on the bulletin board, I suppose.

Gail - I don't have a partner yet for Saturday, so if you you have someone who needs matching up, you can consider me a possibility. I lead up to 5.5G, but prefer to have someone who I can swing leads with for at least one partner. Don't mind having a 3rd who is newish, but I don't want to be partnered solely with a newbie(it's a big responsibility, and I am not experienced enough to take a stranger on who is new. You can PM if you'd like more info).

On Sat nite, I am heading into town for the gear exchange/sliedshow and on Sunday I will be doing trail work until 2 or 3pm. If someone wants to get a run or two in afterward, I am happy to do so. I will want to leave NP by 7pm Sunday nite.

Thanks.

doubledare

Sep 29, 2006, 1:12 PM
Post #30 of 31 (3611 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hey this is weird. I am from PA (hershey area) and already have plans to camp at Tuthilltown with my family and now the day I am supposed to leave, I find out the place will be loaded with other PA climbers?

We won't be around much but I hope I get to meet some other PA climbers.

Ross

kimmyt

Sep 29, 2006, 2:10 PM
Post #31 of 31 (3611 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Looks like I'll be playing it by ear for Sunday now. If I was going up for the entire weekend, I'd definitely be there, but Sunday is looking extremely iffy weather-wise, and honestly I've pretty much had enough of rainy days in New Paltz this season. If the weather looks decent on Saturday night after the wedding I may still head up, otherwise I'm going to be a loser and bail.

K.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Events & Gatherings

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook