Forums: Climbing Partners: US - Mountain States:
Arizona Partners-Ongoing Thread
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - Mountain States

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 21 Next page Last page  View All

snowbank

Sep 28, 2006, 5:17 AM
Post #201 of 508 (40205 views)
Shortcut

Re: arizona partners ongoing thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

mostly i wanna do sport, i dont have the quickdraws yet but basicly everything else. thing is i havent done lead climbing yet, even in the gym.. im basicly im transition from gym to rock.. bouldering for me sux still cause i havent built up that forearm strength yet. i boulder every now and then at the gym i goto but not often. i know im a noob,, hmm does that make me a virgin climber? lol
now the good news :D
i climb about 5.10 maybe a low 5.11 in the gym. i am very passionate about climbing and always as safe as i know how to be.
but yeah if ya still wanna go climbing im always up for it hit me up and we'll work out the details..

acacongua

Sep 28, 2006, 12:36 PM
Post #202 of 508 (40205 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm really glad to see Camhead grew out his hair! Fo' reeeel, those pics are sweet. Good job, Climbsomething. Good job Cam for climbing.

ferret

Sep 28, 2006, 5:48 PM
Post #203 of 508 (40205 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hehe, i suppose that DOES make you a virgin, which might have just saved your life. Lucky you. Can't be giving the rock gods virgins, fast way to end up on the injured list. As for leading, that part comes with time, tis no worries. Indoor ratings and outdoor ratings are quite different, I find that sometimes tis a bit difficult to transfer the indoor rating to outdoor. I'd totally be down for a pit run, this weekend, if you are interested. I can totally lead it up for ya. Or we could go down to the Overlook, which is trad, but has some more moderate routes there, if you feel like breaking in kinda slowly. I take my wife down there, and she doesn't really climb much at all. She does quite well considering that she's been out 5-6 times. tis up to you. hit me a pm with your phone number in it and we'll work somethign out.

-Will

snowbank

Sep 29, 2006, 12:52 AM
Post #204 of 508 (40205 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

names Jeff btw (407) 388 - 4737

first off wth is the pit and overlook, obviously spots but where? those near flag? this weekend on sat im going to edgefest but thats only sat free rest of weekend.. im not afraid of lead just cautious and respectful.

ya got my #
L8

spmcgee

Oct 4, 2006, 10:08 AM
Post #205 of 508 (40205 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey guys/gals i just moved to the sierra vista area and am currently rehabbing a wrist injury. I came here by myself and haven't met any other climbers yet. My question is if anyone would be willing to meet up in a couple weeks when i'm strong enough to partner up and show me some stuff in the area (cochise, tucson, anywhere), I have about two years experience and some trad gear. PM me and let me know.

thanks all

zack

rebmacd

Oct 8, 2006, 9:36 PM
Post #206 of 508 (40205 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi,
Im visiting Phoenix for the week and would like to get some climbing in. I have been climbing for about 7 months now. I have multipitch experience in Yosemite, and climb in the gym alot. If your looking for someone to climb with email me at rebmacd@yahoo.com
Thanks!

jfunk

Oct 14, 2006, 4:01 AM
Post #207 of 508 (40205 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hello everyone,
just wondering if there are more slackers like myself out there who have off from work/school on monday(16th) and would be interested in spending the day climbing. I'm located in the Flagstaff area and don't mind traveling up to an hour away. This leaves many possiblites ( sedona, forks, overlook, granite mtn, winslow wall, jacks, you get the point) Anyways, pm me or email me if you think this could work.
Take care-
-Jason
jasonwfunk@gmail.com
P.S. Always looking for partners for Mondays and Fridays

kmef78

Oct 16, 2006, 6:10 AM
Post #208 of 508 (40205 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

AT hairpin the monsoon season shifted a ton of rock around and in the process may have opened up a new boulding spot. Nothing really exciting but i noticed it on my way out and decided to have a go at it. A couple of easy fun problems. I may guess it may have already been discovered but i didnt see any chalk on it. So I wont add it to the new route list for it has no name. I will try and take some more pictures of its location tomorrow so others can let me know if it has been used. Or if its worth adding as a spot to boulder.

jfunk

Oct 24, 2006, 2:40 AM
Post #209 of 508 (40205 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Anyone up for getting out this friday 27th? Can travel up to 1.5 hours from Flag, and up for pretty much any type of climbing. Top rope soloing is starting to lose its appeal, so if you'd like to squeeze out of work and join me, don't hesitate to drop a line -

Jason

shawnbenson

Oct 25, 2006, 8:16 PM
Post #210 of 508 (40205 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm looking for someone who wants to climb Granite Mountain on Saturday October 28. I'm looking to do a 5.8 or 5.9 at Swamp Slabs. I have all the gear and will gladly lead all day. I just need someone to second it. I'm coming into Phoenix from central CA on Friday for the weekend and will gladly drive to Prescott. Anyone?

fearlessclimber

Nov 3, 2006, 12:46 AM
Post #211 of 508 (40205 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Goin out to queen creek next saturday with some friends, thinkin of atlantis or the mine area, if your new or goin with someotheres let me know we;ll all meet out there. pm me later

Eric

climbinup

Nov 3, 2006, 4:35 PM
Post #212 of 508 (40205 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I was wondering if anyone had suggestions of some good multi pitch sport climbs around Phoenix (within an hour). I am leading 5.7 area and really don't have much trad gear so I'm finding my choices are kinda limited. Alot of the routes that I'm seeing only have a couple of bolts and so I'm assuming that others are supplementing with trad pro or are you guys really only clipping a couple times? I'm fairly new to the area and spent the summer climbing in N. AZ so this is new territory for me.

Partner cracklover

Nov 3, 2006, 9:58 PM
Post #213 of 508 (40205 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Holy crap, there are a lot of single climbers out there looking for partners! Well, let me throw my hat into the ring and see who's willing to play:

Short version: I'll be free to climb from around 11/10 - 11/12. Will be staying in the Phoenix area, but will have a rental car, and can drive wherever.

About me: Climbing about eight years. Comfortable leading to ~ 5.10- trad (up to 5.11 if they're splitters), 5.11+ sport, V4 bouldering, and easy aid. Done some harder stuff, but what's listed up there is what I feel I can realistically do pretty consistently.

Please PM me if you're interested. I'd even be happy to play any role from thankful noob for a stronger climber, to rope-gun for a less experienced climber... or anything in between. No big ego, but I'm reasonably strong, very competent, and just want to get out and climb!

Check out my profile or PM me if you have any other questions.

Oh, and the first drink's on me!

Gabe

climbsomething

Nov 4, 2006, 2:23 AM
Post #214 of 508 (40205 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

What did I say, GO?

FLAGSTAFF.

I mean, bouldering at Oak Flat with Curt is its own Very Special Experience (and I recommend it if you can't leave the Valley) but we have us some sweet columnar basalt (and reasonable Mexican food) that's really worth the drive.

You know you want to.

And I'll take your photo! You don't have a big ego but I can fix that 8-)

(hint: come up on Sunday- maybe use Saturday to boulder with Curt)

xevious

Nov 4, 2006, 8:20 AM
Post #215 of 508 (40205 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

My wife and I (30s) are newbies in the Mesa area looking for others to sport climb with. Definitely flake-free: I get enough of that in the music world!. We have rope, harnesses, etc. - no quickdraws yet but working on growing the gear rack. Our schedule is pretty flexible so many weekdays (and weekends, of course) work out well. Also, we're big into trail ATVing (considerately!!!!), so 4wd approaches would be especially fun for us.

climbinup

Nov 7, 2006, 3:25 PM
Post #216 of 508 (40205 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I already have obligations for the next two weekends but after that I'm all about climbing again. Thanksgiving weekend??

climbinup

Nov 7, 2006, 3:26 PM
Post #217 of 508 (40205 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I already have obligations for the next two weekends but after that I'm all about climbing again. Thanksgiving weekend??

grampacharlie

Nov 7, 2006, 4:32 PM
Post #218 of 508 (40205 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I though this might fit better in here than in the Events and gatherings forum...

First annual Prescott Climbing Festival
November 17,18,19
Location, Prescott Az and surrounding areas.

Friday events:
Slideshow presentation by Scott Baxter
Technical climbing clinic #1
Live music, food, and dyno & slackline comps.

Saturday:
ABS Bouldering comp at YMCA climbing wall
Adopt a crag day at Groom Creek, lunch provided
Shoe demos and climbing at Groom Creek
Technical Clinic #2
Party and Fundraiser at Coyote Joes Bar and Grill (over 21 after 8:00)

Sunday:
Pancake Breakfast
Climb at Promised Lands
Technical Climbing Clinic #3

Should be a good time, and you can come for all, or any portion of the weekend.
Questions should be directed to either Amylee: athornhill@prescott.edu or Conner Eldridge: celderidge@prescott.edu (530) 848-8463

Or you can pm me to see if I have any clue as to what's going on... (not likely)

redlegrangerone

Nov 7, 2006, 4:35 PM
Post #219 of 508 (40205 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Any cost to this?

grampacharlie

Nov 7, 2006, 6:22 PM
Post #220 of 508 (40205 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Outdoor stuff like the clinics, crag day, and climbing at Promised lands I beleive are free, but the ABS comp and other stuff held at the YMCA I think will have a small fee. (mostly to pay for food and/or facilities.)
Connor would know for sure, and so would Amylee.

The Y had a fund raiser a few weeks ago to raise money for this event, so I beleive that most of the stuff is gonna be free, or donation. Y'all should com'on down, y'hear!?

hmsgass

Nov 9, 2006, 2:48 AM
Post #221 of 508 (40205 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm going to be around phoenix for the week, from nov 29-december 6th. if anyone could recommend good crags (are there any sport crags nearby?) or gyms, or if anyone is interested in climbing anytime during those days, that would be great.

xevious

Nov 9, 2006, 6:02 AM
Post #222 of 508 (40205 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I'm going to be around phoenix for the week, from nov 29-december 6th. if anyone could recommend good crags (are there any sport crags nearby?) or gyms, or if anyone is interested in climbing anytime during those days, that would be great.

Queen Creek (east of town) seems to be a favorite, but there's climbing closer to town as well. Camelback is very centrally located, as is Lookout Mtn. There's actually quite a bit in addtion to those.

Phoenix Rock Gym is pretty well known in the region:
http://PhoenixRockGym.com

My wife and I are going to be taking their lead climbing class around the time you'll be out here, so maybe we can meet up...

Partner gandolf

Nov 20, 2006, 5:57 PM
Post #223 of 508 (29007 views)
Shortcut

Re: [hmsgass] arizona partners ongoing thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I would check out Queen Creek. Lots of bouldering and good sport routes. REI (in Tempe) sells some little paper guides to this area for a couple of bucks.

(This post was edited by gandolf on Nov 20, 2006, 5:58 PM)

xevious

Nov 20, 2006, 11:39 PM
Post #224 of 508 (29327 views)
Shortcut

Re: [gandolf] arizona partners ongoing thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

The guy that writes those guides runs the gear shop in the rock gym. (He has pretty fair prices too.)

sjderis

Nov 21, 2006, 2:04 PM
Post #225 of 508 (29317 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbinup] arizona partners ongoing thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I am interested in climbing Thanksgiving weekend. Call me 602.4104937 I have my own gear as well

First page Previous page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 21 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - Mountain States

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook