Forums: Community: The Ladies' Room:
in which, clausti goes on a road trip...
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Ladies' Room

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

clausti

Sep 12, 2006, 2:52 AM
Post #1 of 32 (5778 views)
Shortcut

in which, clausti goes on a road trip...
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

so this summer was a number of wonderful things, and some horrible things...

i learned to trad climb, dated an amazing boy, saw new hampshire, fell in love with a grad school, fell in love with a boy, had my heart broken/drop-kicked, learned about 5.10 at the gunks, MET CLIMBINGBETTY24!, rafted with kasharp, roomed with dbrayack, spent 4th of july at the red, saw my sister get married, CRIED at the wedding i might add but you know what, everybody was crying and i had a hankie my mommy gave me, read sartre for the first time, learned about having a budget in a serious way, took the seats out of my car, configured my CRV for living in, sorted through every single item remaining in the room i slept in for high school, took everything that was mine and moved out, lived with the knowledge that my parents now live in a home i've never seen, realized that i'd lost my road trip partner and favorite climbing partner of all time, decided that i was taking my damn trip anyways, and moved up the dates.

so, ladies, i will be homeless/living the dream from january to august of 2007. tell me where you want to climb, invite me to your house for showers, scoop me in on the best scenes around, somebody buy my old electric guitar....

no seriously, i'd love to meet more of you all. and i'm feeling escapist and introspective tonight. like planning/dreaming/procrastinating. i will probably bump this thread from time to time, but i'd love to get it started.....

Partner macherry

Sep 12, 2006, 3:46 AM
Post #2 of 32 (5778 views)
Shortcut

Re: in which, clausti goes on a road trip... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

good for you. I remember moving all my shit out of my folks home (as they moved to a highrise condo), knowing i'd never be back there again.

enjoy your travels. And if you ever venture to western canada or washington state, send me a pm. my couch is always available

stymingersfink

Sep 12, 2006, 5:02 AM
Post #3 of 32 (5778 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

(I'm) Not a lady by any stretch of the imagination, but you'd be a welcome rope-mate for a day or two of climbing in the Wasatch/Central Utah area. Perhaps another might extend a couch for you to crash, (in exchange for photo ops? She's a bit of a shutter-bug). If you happen to be near the area and would like to get a few pitches in, drop me a line.

Too, a buddy and his lady live in the Grand Junction area. I'm sure they wouldn't mind me volunteering them as tour guides for the Creek.

Otherwise, enjoy your road trip! Time spent wandering around in your early twenties makes for great memories later in life... Best of luck!

~Sty

wanderinfree

Sep 12, 2006, 3:03 PM
Post #4 of 32 (5778 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Great choice. We just got back from 10 months on the road. Went all over the world, and wouldn't trade the experience for anything. We met a bunch of great folks and some of the most generous people I've ever known. We've got a spare room here in Boulder--home of the dirtbag climber. Feel free to crash for a week.

Partner mr8615

Sep 13, 2006, 11:53 AM
Post #5 of 32 (5778 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Once upon a time, you were going to let me come on said roadtrip... I've got an interview for a job in Vail tomorrow, if it comes through I'll be out there til march or april. You know you've got a place to stay wherever I am, even if it's in the back of a van! Though currently I live in a house, just a touch north of you. I miss you, come visit.

redlegrangerone

Sep 13, 2006, 1:13 PM
Post #6 of 32 (5778 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Southern Arizona has great climbing too. You can always share a rope here. Always like to take care of visiting climbers. I might need the karma some day. Enjoy your trip, where ever you go.

clausti

Sep 13, 2006, 6:43 PM
Post #7 of 32 (5778 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Once upon a time, you were going to let me come on said roadtrip... I've got an interview for a job in Vail tomorrow, if it comes through I'll be out there til march or april. You know you've got a place to stay wherever I am, even if it's in the back of a van! Though currently I live in a house, just a touch north of you. I miss you, come visit.

yeah, well, when brad dumped me i made a no boys allowed sign for the clubhouse, i mean, my crv. luckily i'm not going to have to do much tent camping. do you have a van now?? last time i saw you, you were still rockin the jeep.

will visit in november, when competition bouldering is almost done and its too cold to climb at the new. you still be there in nov?

plus, i'll see you at houndears. duhh.

clausti

Sep 13, 2006, 6:45 PM
Post #8 of 32 (5778 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Southern Arizona has great climbing too. You can always share a rope here. Always like to take care of visiting climbers. I might need the karma some day. Enjoy your trip, where ever you go.

sweet! i'm hoping to hit up texas and AZ at the beginning of my road trip.

i'm def keeping this thread as reference, and brutus, my "trusty" laptop, will be roadtripping with me, so i should be able to scam internet on a semi regular basis.

elshells

Sep 15, 2006, 1:46 AM
Post #9 of 32 (5778 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

If you come to Austin, Texas some fun places are Reimers Ranch, the Greenbelt (at Seismic Wall, Gus Fru, Spy Glass), Enchanted Rock, and for some fun bouldering Mckinney falls and Rodgers Park.

I am sorry I cannot show around, I have new baby in tow. I have not climbed outside in 8 months, but hey...if you are not coming until Jan I might be outside leading and playing around again! Unless you don't wanna be around a gamecock!

ANyway sounds like a lot of fun. Good luck with your travels!

trebork2
Deleted

Sep 15, 2006, 7:39 PM
Post #10 of 32 (5778 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

If you make it as far as Alaska I have a room!

redlegrangerone

Sep 15, 2006, 7:51 PM
Post #11 of 32 (5778 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

^^^^^^^^^lol^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You really think she will drive much past Squamish on the way to Alaska? :lol:

climberterp

Sep 19, 2006, 7:18 PM
Post #12 of 32 (5778 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Congrats on an eventful year and hope your road trip is amazing!! :D

If NH is in your plans I always have room for climbers at my house, just shoot me a PM.

gblauer

Sep 20, 2006, 2:29 PM
Post #13 of 32 (5778 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

If you need a place to crash in Philly area let me know...Have fun!

aimeerose

Oct 17, 2006, 4:39 PM
Post #14 of 32 (5778 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Ah, if you hadn't been so rude to me in the past you'd have a fat hook-up in Flagstaff and/or Vegas, but alas... your loss.

clausti

Oct 17, 2006, 5:18 PM
Post #15 of 32 (5778 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Ah, if you hadn't been so rude to me in the past you'd have a fat hook-up in Flagstaff and/or Vegas, but alas... your loss.

you may think i was rude to you, but you were first rude to the defenseless. i will be fine on my roadtrip, thank you for your concern.

carabiner96

Oct 18, 2006, 12:37 AM
Post #16 of 32 (5778 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

If you're ever in Vt feel free to swing by groovy uv!!!

theres not much left to climb that isn't wet or iced over....but oh well. still a spandiffyfrantastic state.

clausti

Oct 18, 2006, 12:51 AM
Post #17 of 32 (5778 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
If you're ever in Vt feel free to swing by groovy uv!!!

theres not much left to climb that isn't wet or iced over....but oh well. still a spandiffyfrantastic state.

maybe when i live in philly. :D

potreroed

Oct 19, 2006, 3:07 AM
Post #18 of 32 (5778 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

If you're in Texas, El Potrero Chico is only a few hours away. Warm winter weather, cheep living and BIG walls you can climb with a handful of draws and a singlerope.

xgretax

Oct 23, 2006, 8:21 PM
Post #19 of 32 (5778 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

check your PM.

reno

Oct 23, 2006, 10:12 PM
Post #20 of 32 (5778 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well, if you need space to crash in Phoenix, let me know (just do it a few days in advance, so I can tell the missus. She'd be mighty pissed at me if you just showed up, no warning.) Guest bedroom, your own bathroom, and a swimming pool. Hope you don't mind dogs (two... check my sig line.)

I don't climb nearly as hard as you, but I'd be willing to show you around the McDowell Mountains, if you wish.

clausti

Oct 23, 2006, 10:32 PM
Post #21 of 32 (5779 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

reno- you bet i need a place to crash in phoenix! :D and i like big dogs, i just dont like little dogs. my kitten will be staying with friends, so she's not coming along to complicate the road trip.

also reno... you might be climbing stronger than me when I get out to your place. the powers that be are right now the only ones that know how my back will heal up. the road trip is still on, though, whether my peak be 5.8 or 5.13.

reno

Oct 23, 2006, 11:15 PM
Post #22 of 32 (5779 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
reno- you bet i need a place to crash in phoenix! :D and i like big dogs, i just dont like little dogs.

Good to go, then.... the Shepherd is the smaller of the two, at 65 pounds. :D

In reply to:
also reno... you might be climbing stronger than me when I get out to your place.

Pffft. You've obviously never seen my "Blind epileptic with Parkinson's on rollerskates in the middle of an ice rink" impression. (That's what my partners call it, anyway.... I call it leading trad routes.)

climbingbetty22

Oct 24, 2006, 3:12 PM
Post #23 of 32 (5779 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

With such an attitude, I don't think it will be much of a loss at all.

Clausti- if you ever want to come see NYC, you're welcome to surf on Jason and I's couch...the Gunks are just up the road--- don't you want to try Nosedive, now that you're climbed Retro??? :lol:

Good luck on your road trip girl...Jason and are making plans for our own after I graduate. We'll see how it works out!

zenelky

Oct 27, 2006, 2:07 AM
Post #24 of 32 (5779 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

If you end up in Texas and will be in the Chico, look me up...we'll be there during Christmas break (what's better than a nice Christmas morning on your way up Time Wave Zero?). Then home to Mississippi, which is on the way to some nice slopers at HP40 in Alabama, and a plethora of sport and trad all around Chattanooga. So if you need a shower somewhere between TX and the east coast, we have an extra gear room and can point you in the right direction of some good 'true' southeastern climbing (NC is not really that south...especially when you live in Mississippi). Just don't make fun of what we've got here, better than what they have in Louisiana.

~Mic

Partner missedyno

Oct 27, 2006, 7:59 AM
Post #25 of 32 (5779 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hey chicky.

you saw me on my solo roadtrip, and i relate to a lot of what you've been through this year.

make it all the way west, let me know. i'm in vancouver these days.

oh and remember that relationship i was questioning when you and i chilled in the obed? yeah, it died. a few times over. blech. just getting the feeling of being single and free these days.

:)
jessica

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook