First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

organic

Oct 27, 2006, 1:21 AM
Post #1 of 39 (1700 views)
Shortcut

Hot students
Report this Post
Can't Post

So say you have this hot student and since you are a TA for a Uni. she is over 21. She keeps stopping by and leaving me notes and candy and I told her if she was trying to bribe me beer would do better. She stopped by and brought root beer cause she was at school all day and could not purchase any beer. She is either trying to bribe me or hit on me. I am pretty conceited so we will go with #2.
What do I do? I can't really ask her out, is that not sexual harrassment? I know they made me take a class or something about this. Damn succubi. The class I teach technically stops meeting next tuesday but is not over till Dec. It sucks being a TA and just moving across the country because a lot of the new people you meet are your students haha.

I once had a TA ask me out before, sooo it can't be that bad, correct?

clausti

Oct 27, 2006, 1:28 AM
Post #2 of 39 (1700 views)
Shortcut

Re: Hot students [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

men are pigs.

translation: you cant go out with her till after final grades are turned in.

then, ask her out.

mowz

Oct 27, 2006, 1:34 AM
Post #3 of 39 (1700 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Don't do it. It will lead to problems. It is not an issue of sexual harassment, if what you posted is the complete truth, but it can become a problem of sexual harassment. I'll provide and example later. This is an issue of business ethics. You, sir, are an employee of the university and universities are businesses. It is against most university policies for a person who holds a position of power (i.e. R.A., tutor, T.A., professor, advisor, dean, counselor, etc.) to have a romantic relationship with a student because of ethics. Also, it is not considered good business practice.

How can it turn bad?

Say you two get involved. She brings you your beer and what not. Say she receives a grade less than what she believes she deserves. You then are between a rock and a hard place. She can turn around and say that the two of you were romantically involved, but you two then had a bad breakup; you then gave her a low grade because you were mad at her. Or she can claim that you promised her a higher grade and pose questions to the dean or her advisor. She can also claim that you were sexually harassing her by promising her good grades or points on tests if you two went out.

You get the picture. Jo, we've climbed together in the past and I think you're a good person. Don't travel down this road. Trust me, everyone's got issues; who knows what her's are?

caughtinside

Oct 27, 2006, 1:43 AM
Post #4 of 39 (1700 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Live the Dream, dude. 8^)

Partner blonde_loves_bolts

Oct 27, 2006, 1:47 AM
Post #5 of 39 (1700 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Jesus Christ, Mowz... by the next time you change your sig, they'll all be topless! And that's a good thing...

8^)

clausti

Oct 27, 2006, 1:49 AM
Post #6 of 39 (1700 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Jesus Christ, Mowz... by the next time you change your sig, they'll all be topless! And that's a good thing...

8^)

speaking of which, has anyone noticed that the girl on the left could not possibly be pulling her own shirt down? the hand is at the wrong angle. it is someone else's hand!!!

organic

Oct 27, 2006, 1:53 AM
Post #7 of 39 (1700 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Those pictures are so not work safe!

clausti: If men are pigs? what would you call the female TA who asked me out?

PS. What is wrong with simple enjoying a nice dinner with someone? It is not like I was thinking about sex or anything...

Partner camhead

Oct 27, 2006, 2:09 AM
Post #8 of 39 (1700 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dude, just wait until grades are in. the added bonus is that if she goes out with you after grades are in, you'll know she wasn't just using you for an "A."

Sucks, though. I had some total hotties in this US History course I was teaching this summer.

clausti

Oct 27, 2006, 2:29 AM
Post #9 of 39 (1700 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Those pictures are so not work safe!

clausti: If men are pigs? what would you call the female TA who asked me out?

PS. What is wrong with simple enjoying a nice dinner with someone? It is not like I was thinking about sex or anything...

you didnt read my translation, obviously. :roll: i told you to ask her out after final grades are in.

PS. nothing. but mowz is right on the whole harassment thing. and if SHE doesnt make trouble for you, but she makes an honest A and someone else thinks shes to ditzy to have made that grade, and they know yall are going out, it will DEFINITELY make trouble for you.

chossmonkey

Oct 27, 2006, 2:43 AM
Post #10 of 39 (1700 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
speaking of which, has anyone noticed that the girl on the left could not possibly be pulling her own shirt down? the hand is at the wrong angle. it is someone else's hand!!!

So what's your point? :lol:

I guess I never noticed it. I must have been looking elsewhere. :oops:

Like the center pic. :lol:

Partner rrrADAM

Oct 27, 2006, 2:44 AM
Post #11 of 39 (1700 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
men are pigs.

Yep... Every single one of us...

Trick is to find the 3% who are cute and cuddly with a curly tail, not the 97% of us who are just swine, or wish they were.

Thing is, the swine tend to fuck much better, as with experience come proficiencey...
This is why good girls like bad boys, as the bad boys realize that they all fuck, and its just a question of whether or not they're gonna fuck them. :wink:

Now as for "...if men are pigs, what are women?" They're whacked. :shock:

clausti

Oct 27, 2006, 2:46 AM
Post #12 of 39 (1700 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
men are pigs.

Yep... Every single one of us...

Trick is to find the 3% who are cute and cuddly with a curly tail, not the 97% of us who are just swine.

Thing is, the swine tend to f--- much better, as with experience come proficiencey...
This is why good girls like bad boys, as the bad boys realize that they all f---, and its just a question of whether or not they're gonna f--- them. :wink:

Now as for "...if men are pigs, what are women?" They're whacked. :shock:

si.

carabiner96

Oct 27, 2006, 2:49 AM
Post #13 of 39 (1700 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

My boyfriend was my TA when we started dating. Spent the whole semester hiding it from the professor...then it turned out he knew all along!

caughtinside

Oct 27, 2006, 3:04 AM
Post #14 of 39 (1700 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dude. this girl is cute, and she's totally into you. She brings you stuff, writes you silly little love notes, and even tries to get you beer. BEER!

Know what I'm saying? Now let's go over what isn't in your post, but should have been. She probably watches you when you're not aware, just to be closer to you. She's telling all her friends what a hot TA she's got. You're already a legend. There is a pack of 21 year old coeds who desire you. you are keeping her awake at night, while she is concocting more schemes to get your attention. She's hot for you, and she's not afraid to let you know it. You got rootbeer right after an offhand comment. Who knows what she would do, if only you asked?

Who knows? 8^)

carabiner96

Oct 27, 2006, 3:10 AM
Post #15 of 39 (1700 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

If she offers to take to to dinner at a strip club, then your golden.

Worked for me.

Partner brent_e

Oct 27, 2006, 3:35 AM
Post #16 of 39 (1700 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
men are pigs

then, ask her out.

i'll disagree with the "men are pigs" but agree with everything else.

A friend of mine is in the same boat. I say if you still have anything to do with marking her paper it's not right if you date her.

On the other hand there is so much fucking inconsistency with TA's and marking that it's disgusting. But, still, it wouldn't be right.

organic

Oct 27, 2006, 3:35 AM
Post #17 of 39 (1700 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
dude. this girl is cute, and she's totally into you. She brings you stuff, writes you silly little love notes, and even tries to get you beer. BEER!

Know what I'm saying? Now let's go over what isn't in your post, but should have been. She probably watches you when you're not aware, just to be closer to you. She's telling all her friends what a hot TA she's got. You're already a legend. There is a pack of 21 year old coeds who desire you. you are keeping her awake at night, while she is concocting more schemes to get your attention. She's hot for you, and she's not afraid to let you know it. You got rootbeer right after an offhand comment. Who knows what she would do, if only you asked?

Who knows? 8^)

BOOYAH TOUCHDOWN I MAKE MIRACLES HAPPEN!

chossmonkey

Oct 27, 2006, 3:42 AM
Post #18 of 39 (1700 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
On the other hand there is so much f---ing inconsistency with TA's and marking that it's disgusting. But, still, it wouldn't be right.
I think that would be her loss, wouldn't it?

biggernhell

Oct 27, 2006, 6:50 AM
Post #19 of 39 (1700 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I appreciate the fact that your even asking, but damn! I just hope that you can wait until the semester is out.

bizarrodrinker

Oct 27, 2006, 1:10 PM
Post #20 of 39 (1700 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
men are pigs.

then, ask her out.

While I probably don't share Clausti's zeal, she is right on all counts. Though I think "dog" is more appropriate, because they are more easily trained as is the case with ~85% of men.

Partner sevrdhed

Oct 27, 2006, 2:47 PM
Post #21 of 39 (1700 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Buncha weaksauce answers. Dude, you're in a position of power. Abuse it! You should be tradin grades for sex like nobodys buisness man.

Think about it this way... when you're 80, are you going to remember that one time you stuck by your ethics and followed the rules of your school to the letter, or are you going to remember that time that you were a TA and banged all those hot coeds?

Damn!

Steve

P.S. This may just be Mowz's signature getting to me. Can't.... think.... boobies.....

Partner camhead

Oct 27, 2006, 3:02 PM
Post #22 of 39 (1700 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

One of my fellow grad students is from Spain, and he cannot figure out what the big deal is with teachers sleeping with current students. Apparently the attitude in Spain is that they are both consenting adults, so why not? And I guess it is pretty frequent as well.

I guess some girls just LOVE the authority that an absent-minded professor exudes. I haven'f found any, though.

Partner brent_e

Oct 27, 2006, 3:12 PM
Post #23 of 39 (1700 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
One of my fellow grad students is from Spain, and he cannot figure out what the big deal is with teachers sleeping with current students. Apparently the attitude in Spain is that they are both consenting adults, so why not? And I guess it is pretty frequent as well.

I guess some girls just LOVE the authority that an absent-minded professor exudes. I haven'f found any, though.

are you an absent minded professor?

it seems so odd for a student prof relationship. Sure they are both consenting adults but does the marking not become subjective.

"oh, i had great sex with whatsherface last night, i gotta give her an A even though this is B material."

Maybe they deserve it? How much do employers look at marks and how much do they look at what you've done and where you've worked previously? Maybe if you're willing to sleep with a prof you're better for a company?

Partner camhead

Oct 27, 2006, 3:37 PM
Post #24 of 39 (1700 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

naw, I'm not a professor yet. Right now these damn desert splitters and towers keep distracting me from finishing the dissertation.

Definitely absent-minded, though.

zozo

Oct 27, 2006, 6:23 PM
Post #25 of 39 (1700 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Just do her and worry about the consequences later.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook