RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Technique & Training

Premier Sponsor:

moabdirtgirl

Nov 24, 2006, 7:40 PM
Post #1 of 2 (592 views)
Shortcut

Carpal Tunnel
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Several months ago, my Doc informed me that the pain and numbness in my hands is Carpal Tunnel syndrome. Because of this I have been forced to basically stop climbing (the one activity I truly love).

My question is, does anyone have any suggestions for therapeutic exercises I can do to alleviate the pain and numbness in my hands and forearms that is caused by Carpal Tunnel?

I don't know if this is the right forum to post this question in, but any advice will be appreciated.

Nightingale

Nov 27, 2006, 4:12 PM
Post #2 of 2 (534 views)
Shortcut

Re: [moabdirtgirl] Carpal Tunnel [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

My hand/wrist problems are from too much computer rather than too much climbing. If you're on the computer a lot and can modify what you do there, perhaps what you do when climbing won't be so significant. The best thing I ever found for carpal tunnel/tendonitis is this:

http://www.imakproducts.com/...ucts/smart_glove.htm

The fancy braces and splints my doctor prescribed didn't work and were uncomfortable. My boyfriend suggested this, because he's had similar issues, and it worked miracles. You can usually find them at computer stores or drug stores, but some drug stores sell copycat braces instead of the real thing, and these don't work nearly as well. There's something about the combination of the wrist support and splinting that makes the smart glove work extremely well... it's worth the extra five bucks, I promise. These things worked miracles for me.

As for exercises, you can try these:

http://www.eatonhand.com/hw/ctexercise.htm

Forums : Climbing Information : Technique & Training

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook