Forums: Community: Campground:
Anyone here ever seen that T.V. show on Discovery Channel called MythBusters?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

overlord

Nov 30, 2006, 2:26 PM
Post #26 of 39 (643 views)
Shortcut

Re: [brent_e] Anyone here ever seen that T.V. show on Discovery Channel called MythBusters? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

and aging of nylon webbing.

kachoong

Nov 30, 2006, 3:17 PM
Post #27 of 39 (636 views)
Shortcut

Re: [overlord] Anyone here ever seen that T.V. show on Discovery Channel called MythBusters? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Would love to see Buster the crash-test-dummy in a fall simulation.

arrettinator

Nov 30, 2006, 3:20 PM
Post #28 of 39 (635 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kachoong] Anyone here ever seen that T.V. show on Discovery Channel called MythBusters? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

kachoong wrote:
Would love to see Buster the crash-test-dummy in a fall simulation.
I was thinking the same thing.

bill413

Nov 30, 2006, 7:34 PM
Post #29 of 39 (623 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wideguy] Anyone here ever seen that T.V. show on Discovery Channel called MythBusters? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

wideguy wrote:
brainiacs is OK but they fake some of their stuff for TV. The whole bit about certain elements in water for example, the expolsions were "supplemented" with TNT. On Mythbusters f an experient fails they let it fail in good faith.

THEN they bring in the C4 and blow the snot out of it.Cool
Way true!!

I really like the show, but there have been several myths that they have "busted" because they were not able to confirm it with their materials & methodology. An example is last night's "shooting a sniper thru the telescopic sight" segment.
But, overall, it does have moments of genius.

zip_ty

Nov 30, 2006, 7:38 PM
Post #30 of 39 (620 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bill413] Anyone here ever seen that T.V. show on Discovery Channel called MythBusters? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
An example is last night's "shooting a sniper thru the telescopic sight" segment.

I watched that one last night. Even though they couldn't confirm the myth it was crazy to watch. Not sure I'd want to be looking down the gun sight when a bullet is coming in. I'm sure the force from having a bullet shove the scope into your eye is pretty painful.

arrettinator

Nov 30, 2006, 8:18 PM
Post #31 of 39 (616 views)
Shortcut

Re: [zip_ty] Anyone here ever seen that T.V. show on Discovery Channel called MythBusters? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

zip_ty wrote:
In reply to:
An example is last night's "shooting a sniper thru the telescopic sight" segment.

I watched that one last night. Even though they couldn't confirm the myth it was crazy to watch. Not sure I'd want to be looking down the gun sight when a bullet is coming in. I'm sure the force from having a bullet shove the scope into your eye is pretty painful.
I only caught the end of the show, but seeing the balistics gel head getting hit in the replays looked pretty damn painful.

Check out the discussion on their message boards about this one.
http://community.discovery.com/...1967776/m/7111995558
Edit to add: The guy that was shooting on the show posted some good info.

And the Civil War bullet fusion was frickin sweet.

(This post was edited by arrettinator on Nov 30, 2006, 8:19 PM)

plund

Dec 1, 2006, 12:23 AM
Post #32 of 39 (603 views)
Shortcut

Re: [arrettinator] Anyone here ever seen that T.V. show on Discovery Channel called MythBusters? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I could swear I saw a photo of fused Minie balls in a history book....either from Shiloh or Antietam...

The methane bubble column RULES.....

col

Dec 1, 2006, 2:17 AM
Post #33 of 39 (595 views)
Shortcut

Re: [plund] Anyone here ever seen that T.V. show on Discovery Channel called MythBusters? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I like it, although i think that the earlier episodes were better, it seems to get gradually harder for me to really get into.

climbing related mythbusters idea -

I want to see them replicate that massive jump with the swinging ice axes from the movie vertical limit. or the incredibly long fall with one hand to stop it by tom cruse in one of those mission impossible movies. or pretty much any scene from a hollywood movie where peoples arms should come off.....

wyrdrocks

Dec 1, 2006, 3:36 AM
Post #34 of 39 (585 views)
Shortcut

Re: [plund] Anyone here ever seen that T.V. show on Discovery Channel called MythBusters? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

The show is fun to watch.

I really enjoyed the ones where they were trying to shoot a person underwater, who would have thought that wasn't fatal.

And that methane tower was amazing!

unabonger

Dec 2, 2006, 3:30 AM
Post #35 of 39 (572 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wyrdrocks] Anyone here ever seen that T.V. show on Discovery Channel called MythBusters? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

My fave is the one where they test the myth that of the "head between the knees crash position" in an airplane crash.

After exploding the leg bones of the crash dummies a few times they actually fucked themselves up pretty good by testing it with...themselves. Slid down a ramp in a simulated seat, slamming to a halt. Looked painful as hell.

Partner philbox

Dec 2, 2006, 5:37 AM
Post #36 of 39 (563 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Mythbusters rools. I am reliably told that it was an Australian idea and the production team is all Australian. Could be a myth though, heh.

Those fused bullets by the way is totally true. I have seen a display case full of fused bullets that have become lodged together in flight. They are in the museum at Gallipoli in Turkey. Can you imagine how many bullets had been fired during that particular part of WW1 for that to happen.

sickbird

Dec 3, 2006, 12:37 AM
Post #37 of 39 (552 views)
Shortcut

Re: [philbox] Anyone here ever seen that T.V. show on Discovery Channel called MythBusters? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

is it just me, or does anyone else think that the moustache guy probably has some serious halitosis

devilstower10

Dec 4, 2006, 2:29 AM
Post #38 of 39 (537 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sickbird] Anyone here ever seen that T.V. show on Discovery Channel called MythBusters? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

for some of you here is some information I know on the show.

Times: Wednesdays at 6:00 PM and 8:00 PM central time. I don't know the Saturday and Sunday times

People:

Adam John Savage: The childish redheaded guy. age: 39.

Jamie Hyneman: The logical one with the beret and HUGE moustache. age: 49 or 50.

Tory Bellechi: The one with dark hair that isn't the total braniac. age: unknown.

Kari Byron: The redheaded woman most guys think is hot. age: unknown.

Grant Imahara: The black-haired computer whiz/braniac. age: unknown.

Jess: The new blonde woman. age: unknown.

Scottie Chapman: left the show. age: unknown.

Christine: left the show. age: unknown.

I hope this helps some of you. The cement truck explosion: AWESOME!

The chicken gun: HILARIOUS!

Methane bubble tower: HILARIOUS!

Adam: HOT! LaughBlush

Partner rrrADAM

Dec 4, 2006, 2:57 AM
Post #39 of 39 (532 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jakedatc] Anyone here ever seen that T.V. show on Discovery Channel called MythBusters? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

How Its Made, is better, but MB's worth watching. Wink

And Kari is 32, and yep... She's pretty easy on the eyes.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kari_Byron

She even has her own personal website, where she hawks her 'artistic wares':
http://www.karibyron.com/

(This post was edited by rrradam on Dec 4, 2006, 3:06 AM)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook