Premier Sponsor:

devils_advocate

Dec 8, 2006, 5:52 PM
Post #1 of 19 (892 views)
Shortcut

Public Service Announcement: College Students
Report this Post
Can't Post

I am here once again to offer a helping hand... because I care. This time I am reaching out to you, college students. Because I’ve been there, and I know what it’s like to eat ramen noodles every day for a week because you’ve spent your money on beer. Do not give up hope, for it is your duty... nay, your moral quest and single obligation at this time in your life, to get completely schnockered at every free minute, to do stupid things like ride a bike nekked in a snowstorm, and of course, to yell “show us your tits” anytime a girl stands atop a table.

So I present to you, a tool for your quest. A table meticulously compiled that compares the price of beer to its alcohol content, to give you a price/unit alcohol index. So you can get drunk, and do so cheaply. I should point out, that there is a table of “crappy beer” at the bottom, and somehow such toilet water as MGD and Budweiser didn’t make it in that list. As such, the aforementioned beers were listed as best value among “good beer”. Now, anyone who has ever tasted this piss knows otherwise... but lets not get picky, you’re in college, you can’t afford to. Devils_advocate doesn’t drink that crap any more, because he has a job and can afford to drink libations that don’t taste like they were fermented in some fat guys armpit. So take this info, study it, and buy your alcohol cheaply. Then go forth, chug, beer bong, whatever it takes to get it down, and for God’s sake, show us your tits!

http://www.unc.edu/~bowne/beer.htm

(This post was edited by devils_advocate on Dec 8, 2006, 5:52 PM)

Partner epoch

Dec 8, 2006, 5:54 PM
Post #2 of 19 (884 views)
Shortcut

Re: [devils_advocate] Public Service Announcement: College Students [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hahahahaha nice!!!Crazy

jgloporto

Dec 8, 2006, 6:04 PM
Post #3 of 19 (868 views)
Shortcut

Re: [devils_advocate] Public Service Announcement: College Students [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

DA, your commitment to welfare and development of the next generation is commendable. I only wish that this type of analysis was available and brought to my attention when I was a lad....

Joe

Partner camhead

Dec 8, 2006, 6:04 PM
Post #4 of 19 (867 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] Public Service Announcement: College Students [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dude...

even when I was a cheap college student (well, actually, i still am), I still went for quality.

Budweiser is of the devil. no way around that.

Partner brent_e

Dec 8, 2006, 6:30 PM
Post #5 of 19 (854 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

guiness.... 7.5%!!!!

not a bad buy considering!

But why would you want to get hammed on guiness???? it's like trying to get drunk by eating too much bread. Crazy

snoangel

Dec 8, 2006, 6:37 PM
Post #6 of 19 (844 views)
Shortcut

Re: [brent_e] Public Service Announcement: College Students [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Forget the beer & go for some good old Boone's Farm!

devils_advocate

Dec 8, 2006, 6:40 PM
Post #7 of 19 (843 views)
Shortcut

Re: [brent_e] Public Service Announcement: College Students [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

brent_e wrote:
guiness.... 7.5%!!!!

But why would you want to get hammed on guiness???? it's like trying to get drunk by eating

too much bread. Crazy

That's not right, no where near in fact. Stouts aren't suppose to be high in alcohol - with the exception of an Imperial Stout, which isn't quite like a stout.

Guiness on tap is around 3.5%, and the bottle is in the 4's. Not sure where they got that from. Great beer though.

And like the previous poster said, I got through college drinking mostly good stuff too... then again, I had a full ride scholorship and yet still took out loans - mostly for drinking.

Partner wideguy

Dec 8, 2006, 6:49 PM
Post #8 of 19 (834 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

devils_advocate wrote:
brent_e wrote:
guiness.... 7.5%!!!!

But why would you want to get hammed on guiness???? it's like trying to get drunk by eating

too much bread. Crazy

That's not right, no where near in fact. Stouts aren't suppose to be high in alcohol - with the exception of an Imperial Stout, which isn't quite like a stout.

Guiness on tap is around 3.5%, and the bottle is in the 4's. Not sure where they got that from.

That's right. Guiness is lower alcohol, but also lower calories than Mudweiser, Poors or any of the mass brews.

jgloporto

Dec 8, 2006, 6:53 PM
Post #9 of 19 (828 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I went to school in England for a while were I was known to consume extremely large quantities of the dark stuff. I reached several new levels of enlightenment there so while the alcohol content may be lower they sure go down smooth, especially with those 20 oz. royal pints that they have over there.

I also was on scholarship and I tended bar in college so I had the pleasure of enjoying high grade stuff in those years.

As an aside, I have recently discovered the beauty of vanilla flavored brandy. With a cigar and couple of vicodin, I am confident I will know Buddha soon.

devils_advocate

Dec 8, 2006, 6:57 PM
Post #10 of 19 (820 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jgloporto] Public Service Announcement: College Students [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jgloporto wrote:
I went to school in England for a while were I was known to consume extremely large quantities of the dark stuff. I reached several new levels of enlightenment there so while the alcohol content may be lower they sure go down smooth, especially with those 20 oz. royal pints that they have over there.

Oh no, I agree. Actually I have spent very little time in my life consuming domestic American beer... I just thought the table was funny.

Furthermore, Alcohol content isn't as straightforward as it seems. Several other factors can contribute to the "buzz", including the length of the alcohol chains. We spent a lot of time at Trader Joes in school, because they had cheap beer that was decent. One of our favorites was Jumping Cow. Labeled 4.5%... I'll tell you it kicked a helluva lot harder than that. But, as is often the case, such beers that feel more powerful than rated also feel much worse the next morning.

jgloporto

Dec 8, 2006, 7:06 PM
Post #11 of 19 (811 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Interesting observation. I knew I should have studied harder in chemistry.

These days I try not to expose myself to anything less than 80 proof. Wines and beers are all well and good, but they require just too much work and urinating. I can consume half a liter of scotch, deaden every last nerve ending and not get up once. That type of pain killing would require gallons of beer. I could strain my arm with that much lifting.

perp

Dec 9, 2006, 10:13 AM
Post #12 of 19 (762 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

devils_advocate wrote:
I am here once again to offer a helping hand... because I care.

So you say, but your sig tells a different story...

clausti

Dec 9, 2006, 2:55 PM
Post #13 of 19 (752 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

devils_advocate wrote:
Furthermore, Alcohol content isn't as straightforward as it seems. Several other factors can contribute to the "buzz", including the length of the alcohol chains.

you know ethanol is not a polymer right???

redpointron

Dec 11, 2006, 1:53 AM
Post #14 of 19 (684 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoangel] Public Service Announcement: College Students [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoangel wrote:

regrets in life...

119. liberal arts major.
120. that time in atlantic city.
121. not asking snoangel out in high school.
TongueWink

r.r.

adamiata

Dec 11, 2006, 1:56 AM
Post #15 of 19 (681 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Wow, Natty Light is expensive where you're from. It always used to be the cheapest I could find at Wally World when I was in school.

Partner brent_e

Dec 11, 2006, 2:01 AM
Post #16 of 19 (676 views)
Shortcut

Re: [clausti] Public Service Announcement: College Students [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

clausti wrote:
devils_advocate wrote:
Furthermore, Alcohol content isn't as straightforward as it seems. Several other factors can contribute to the "buzz", including the length of the alcohol chains.

you know ethanol is not a polymer right???

maybe he meant the chains that come out after several pitches to yourself and an open to new things girlfriend???

but, yeah, ethanol, definitely no chains there....

snoangel

Dec 11, 2006, 3:45 AM
Post #17 of 19 (662 views)
Shortcut

Re: [redpointron] Public Service Announcement: College Students [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

redpointron wrote:
snoangel wrote:

regrets in life...

119. liberal arts major.
120. that time in atlantic city.
121. not asking snoangel out in high school.
TongueWink
r.r.
Awww, you just made my day!! Wink

PS..I would have said yes. Blush

PPS..But only after the Boone's. Tongue

redpointron

Dec 11, 2006, 8:16 PM
Post #18 of 19 (624 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoangel] Public Service Announcement: College Students [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoangel wrote:

the boone's was just so you wouldn't notice that i didn't need an XL condom...BlushMadTongue

r.r.

snoangel

Dec 11, 2006, 10:33 PM
Post #19 of 19 (604 views)
Shortcut

Re: [redpointron] Public Service Announcement: College Students [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

redpointron wrote:
snoangel wrote:

the boone's was just so you wouldn't notice that i didn't need an XL condom...BlushMadTongue

r.r.

AWESOME!!! I just spit water all over my keyboard. LaughLaughLaugh

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook