Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Visiting Durham in March
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

EnglishClimber

Feb 13, 2007, 2:51 PM
Post #1 of 2 (954 views)
Shortcut

Visiting Durham in March  (North_America: United_States: North_Carolina: Central)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi,

I'll be visiting Duke for 3 weeks in March. I'd not heard anything about climbing in North Carolina before, and now I'm awed by the climbing you guys have. Stone Mountain looks great. I'll have two weekends off, and can almost certainly spring some extra days as well. It would be great to find someone to climb with. I'll also have evenings free so if there is some bouldering or climbing (indoors or out) in Durham that would be great in the evenings too.

I think I lead about 5.9 (not so used to the North American grades). I live in Finland and it's still ice climbing here so I expect my first rock of the year to be a little nervy for the first day. I won't have a car, but could probably rent one for the weekend. I've been climbing for 8 years and you would be in safe hands with me belaying. I've never climbed aid before but am getting an inkling to try it, so if that's your bag I'd definitely be up for trying it.

I also have a shopping list for friends back at home. So it would be great to know where to get the cheapest cams. BTW, I've googled this and EMS seems the best mail order. Any experiences of this.

Let's meet and go climbing,

Tony

whipperman

Feb 13, 2007, 7:30 PM
Post #2 of 2 (939 views)
Shortcut

Re: [EnglishClimber] Visiting Durham in March [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Might also try local message board at

www.carolinaclimbers.org

Sorry can't help I'll be in NY in March

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook