Forums: Climbing Disciplines: Trad Climbing:
Rack Pictures (feel free to include weight and cost)
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Trad Climbing

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 69 Next page Last page  View All

Partner climbinginchico

Mar 9, 2007, 5:38 AM
Post #676 of 1722 (22644 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dlintz] Rack Pictures [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

dlintz wrote:
xzeroenemyx wrote:
vegastradguy wrote:
alright, so a photo of my old rack was one of the first in this thread....here's the updated version- some of whats pictured:

209 carabiners of various types.
66 cams
a set of bros (not pictured)
42 stoppers
53 slings
7 packs (not pictured)
8 ropes

[image]http://www.rockclimbing.com/images/photos/assets/8/312888-work-Hardgoods.jpg[/image]
[image]http://www.rockclimbing.com/images/photos/assets/3/312893-work-Softgoods.jpg[/image]

yeah...i got some problems. what of it?

It's amazing that you have doubles, triples, quadruples or more of pretty much everything....yest you still only seem to have one helmet....seems incomplete to me....Wink

I've got 3 helmets. Is that "completeness" or a problem? Tongue

d.

It's a problem if you wear them all at the same time.

Partner brent_e

Mar 9, 2007, 6:07 AM
Post #677 of 1722 (22625 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] Rack Pictures [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
brent_e wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
girls... Shove in a tampon and take it to PMs.... Who giveS a shit about your pissing contest.

you spelled gives wrong, you third grade invalid mother frigging retard.

and PM's should have a ' or it's pre menstrual syndrome, which may be what you were implying......

jeez....dickhead......
Tongue
That is the great part about saying PMs... it could mean Private Messages... or it could mean Pre menstrual Syndrome. in thier special case, i think it means both...
And i am a invalid retard with a 3rd grade reading level... for the next 99 days bitch...
I must lay out and pictureize my rack in apology for this post that made everyone stupider... I can see it is stupid but i can't not post it.

lolol

keep counting them down, man! picturize, eh? good word.

i'm guess you're using the big cups tonight!??!?! LOLOL

musicman1586

Mar 9, 2007, 6:12 AM
Post #678 of 1722 (22622 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kane_schutzman] Rack Pictures [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

kane_schutzman wrote:
Due to my location I don't get to climb much. In fact how does it feel to know that I have been to a crag maybe 8 times but I still climb as hard as you?
Been to a crag 8 times, yet own 100+ quickdraws, 58+ cams, yep that sounds like a poser to me. Do you take all that with you when you go to the gym? Seriously man, I rarely ever say such a thing about people, but with that sort of record, your still a gumby. Buying alot of gear doesn't say a damn thing about what kind of climber you are. So please, get off of this forum, stop being a poser and become that which you are trying to be. Reality is doing, nothing more, nothing less, and you can have the most magnificient big wall rack in the world, but until you really put it to good use, it means nothing.

vegastradguy

Mar 9, 2007, 6:41 AM
Post #679 of 1722 (22610 views)
Shortcut

Re: [xzeroenemyx] Rack Pictures [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

xzeroenemyx wrote:
It's amazing that you have doubles, triples, quadruples or more of pretty much everything....yest you still only seem to have one helmet....seems incomplete to me....Wink

i noticed that myself...i'm actually planning on getting a second one here shortly....for no other reason than it just seems so lonely!

in other news, i was bored the other day, so i put up a pegboard (4'x8') to hang my gear on- it looks pretty now, and its always organized. plus, its like i get to go to a gear shop for every climb i go on! fun!

Partner climbinginchico

Mar 9, 2007, 6:50 AM
Post #680 of 1722 (22602 views)
Shortcut

Re: [musicman1586] Rack Pictures [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

musicman1586 wrote:
kane_schutzman wrote:
Due to my location I don't get to climb much. In fact how does it feel to know that I have been to a crag maybe 8 times but I still climb as hard as you?
Been to a crag 8 times, yet own 100+ quickdraws, 58+ cams, yep that sounds like a poser to me. Do you take all that with you when you go to the gym? Seriously man, I rarely ever say such a thing about people, but with that sort of record, your still a gumby. Buying alot of gear doesn't say a damn thing about what kind of climber you are. So please, get off of this forum, stop being a poser and become that which you are trying to be. Reality is doing, nothing more, nothing less, and you can have the most magnificient big wall rack in the world, but until you really put it to good use, it means nothing.

Wow, even I wasn't that vicious!Laugh

Partner hosh

Mar 9, 2007, 7:35 AM
Post #681 of 1722 (22593 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbinginchico] Rack Pictures [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Ohhh.... Ouch! Man, does that make me a poser too? Between work and weather and family, I get to touch real rock (or even plastic for that matter) less than once a month. I've got thirty something cams, 2+ sets of nuts, a set (almost 2 sets) of hexes... Shots, I'm a poser! Sucks!

hosh.

doesn't the poser fetish conflict with actual rock climbing? hells yes.

Partner climbinginchico

Mar 9, 2007, 7:48 AM
Post #682 of 1722 (22586 views)
Shortcut

Re: [hosh] Rack Pictures [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hosh wrote:
Ohhh.... Ouch! Man, does that make me a poser too? Between work and weather and family, I get to touch real rock (or even plastic for that matter) less than once a month. I've got thirty something cams, 2+ sets of nuts, a set (almost 2 sets) of hexes... Shots, I'm a poser! Sucks!

hosh.

Poor poser hosh! At least you send the hard stuff pretty well for being a true poser!

kane_schutzman

Mar 9, 2007, 4:20 PM
Post #683 of 1722 (22542 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Oh shit you caught me,

Having lots of gear makes me a poser?

In good time you will take that statement back.

Have fun toproping, btw.

(This post was edited by kane_schutzman on Mar 9, 2007, 4:21 PM)

medicus

Mar 9, 2007, 4:24 PM
Post #684 of 1722 (22536 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sumo] Rack Pictures (feel free to include weight and cost) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Dang... I honestly miss the times when this thread was about different people's racks.

markc

Mar 9, 2007, 4:46 PM
Post #685 of 1722 (22516 views)
Shortcut

Re: [vegastradguy] Rack Pictures [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

vegastradguy wrote:
in other news, i was bored the other day, so i put up a pegboard (4'x8') to hang my gear on- it looks pretty now, and its always organized. plus, its like i get to go to a gear shop for every climb i go on! fun!

Vegas, maybe having a 'virtual gear shop' will keep you out of the real thing. Y'know, wean you off the habit. Get a cute little checkout girl to ring you up each time and see if you can work out a deal.

Davey

Mar 9, 2007, 8:23 PM
Post #686 of 1722 (22474 views)
Shortcut

Re: [markc] Rack Pictures [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

markc wrote:
vegastradguy wrote:

Vegas, maybe having a 'virtual gear shop' will keep you out of the real thing. Y'know, wean you off the habit. Get a cute little checkout girl to ring you up each time and see if you can work out a deal.

That would just make me want to stock my shop.Cool

granite_grrl

Mar 9, 2007, 8:29 PM
Post #687 of 1722 (22470 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Davey] Rack Pictures [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

markc wrote:
vegastradguy wrote:

We've got the peg board up. The cams are hung up, but we ran out of hooks :(.

I just have a very standard rack, but we have a ton of gear if you include what my husband had before he met me. Not quite as big as VTG's, but we're working on it.

Partner hosh

Mar 9, 2007, 8:36 PM
Post #688 of 1722 (22463 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

climbinginchico wrote:
hosh wrote:

hosh.

Poor poser hosh! At least you send the hard stuff pretty well for being a true poser!

No I don't. I just pose for pics doing the hard stuff. I don't really send the hard stuff... It's all for show.

hosh

markc

Mar 9, 2007, 8:40 PM
Post #689 of 1722 (22456 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] Rack Pictures [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Maybe I'll take a quick shot of my gear closet to show everything in situ. The closet already had ample hooks and an upper shelf. The standard rack is on a sling on one hook, slings are rigged and hung behind, and the gear I don't carry is on a third. Other hooks hold unused packs, helmets, webbing, etc. Packs and ropes go on the floor. It's not pretty, but it works.

Maybe I can build a little kiosk in front and buy a cheap register. Then it would just be a matter of getting my wife to play along. (No photos of that.)

kane_schutzman

Mar 12, 2007, 12:09 AM
Post #690 of 1722 (22367 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

markc wrote:
Maybe I'll take a quick shot of my gear closet to show everything in situ. The closet already had ample hooks and an upper shelf. The standard rack is on a sling on one hook, slings are rigged and hung behind, and the gear I don't carry is on a third. Other hooks hold unused packs, helmets, webbing, etc. Packs and ropes go on the floor. It's not pretty, but it works.

Maybe I can build a little kiosk in front and buy a cheap register. Then it would just be a matter of getting my wife to play along. (No photos of that.)

Take the shot, bitch

vegastradguy

Mar 12, 2007, 5:32 AM
Post #691 of 1722 (22331 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

markc wrote:

yeah, no such luck. went to REI the other day- i've got a new cam, a new helmet, and some more omega pac rap rings.

i'm headed there on tuesday again for a pocket aider....

i've really got some problems...

medicus

Mar 12, 2007, 6:03 AM
Post #692 of 1722 (22319 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

vegastradguy wrote:
markc wrote:

yeah, no such luck. went to REI the other day- i've got a new cam, a new helmet, and some more omega pac rap rings.

I wish I had the money to have your problem ;-) Being a college student and not having a job that pays (I'm an RA, so I get free room/board, but I don't get cash in my pocket) really hinders the ability to buy gear. Crazy

caughtinside

Mar 12, 2007, 10:05 PM
Post #693 of 1722 (22260 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

vegastradguy wrote:
markc wrote:

Those OP rap rings are the shizzle!

I was wondering, has anyone tried them on a sport type loweroff anchor? I'm sure they're not as durable as steel, but they're rated to 25kn and they're pretty inexpensive.

markc

Mar 13, 2007, 1:02 AM
Post #694 of 1722 (22234 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kane_schutzman] Rack Pictures [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

kane_schutzman wrote:
markc wrote:
Maybe I'll take a quick shot of my gear closet to show everything in situ...

Take the shot, bitch

I said maybe, kid. Now wipe your nose and say, "Thank you."

My standard rack:

charley

Mar 13, 2007, 1:45 AM
Post #695 of 1722 (22198 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You must not have been married too long. I don't even have a clothes closet let alone a gear closet.Laugh I used to share one with my wife but......

tallnik

Mar 13, 2007, 3:21 AM
Post #696 of 1722 (22158 views)
Shortcut

Re: [brent_e] Rack Pictures [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey man - how's the tool coming along?

By the way, you forgot a hammer Wink

Keep up the good work, I love seeing all the stuff you build.

Nik

markc

Mar 13, 2007, 3:17 PM
Post #697 of 1722 (22119 views)
Shortcut

Re: [charley] Rack Pictures [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

charley wrote:
You must not have been married too long. I don't even have a clothes closet let alone a gear closet.Laugh I used to share one with my wife but......

Some of that crap belongs to her, too! We'll be married 7 years later this month, and we've been living together for better than 14. At this point, we share pretty well. I guess I'll count this as the benefit of having more space than we need. I'd be happier if this was on the first floor rather than the third.

kane_schutzman

Mar 15, 2007, 1:35 AM
Post #698 of 1722 (22058 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

"Thankyou"Angelic

builttospill

Mar 15, 2007, 3:31 AM
Post #699 of 1722 (22040 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] Alpine rack [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
Making an alpine rack out of my mess of gear-whoredom...
If i were to make an alpine rack out of my horrid gearwhorish rack, how would you go about it. I've got:
BD cams .4-4 with doubles
WC Forged friends 2-4
Both link cams
Metolius TCUs....
A Set of BD nuts
A set of metolius nuts
a buttload of micronuts.
tricams .5-7
and a set of hexes.
I'm thinking of making my alpine rack be this:
Link cams
Forged Friends
my set of BD nuts
and the hexes.
I'll most likely be doing 5.3/5.4 routes in the grand tetons....
Thanks

5.4 and under in the Tetons= solo.

Even for a crappy climber like me.

But in all seriousness, the approaches for a lot of Tetons routes are long if you're doing the route in a day (i.e. the Grand, Owen, Middle, etc). Baxter's Pinnacle is the shortest approach I've done up there and it's still a solid 40 minutes with a bit of bushwhacking if I recall. The Grand is at least 3 hours to the Lower Saddle (where a lot of the climbs start), more depending on the shape you're in. I'd cut the rack down.

I like the Link Cams for this stuff though. Depending on your comfort on runouts, 5.4 climbing in the Tetons is usually 4th class with 1-3 moves of 5.4 per pitch (in my experience). So run it mostly out, protect the trickier sections, continue running it out, set the belay. I'd take both link cams, 2-3 forged friends, and the nuts. Maybe the biggest hex. That's all. No need for a full set of friends with the link cams.....you're not going to sew up 5.4 routes up there....there's just no need.

And I reiterate, I'm a pretty shitty climber, so I'm not giving advice from on high or anything....

dr_feelgood

Mar 15, 2007, 4:01 AM
Post #700 of 1722 (25416 views)
Shortcut

Re: [builttospill] Alpine rack [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

builttospill wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
Making an alpine rack out of my mess of gear-whoredom...
If i were to make an alpine rack out of my horrid gearwhorish rack, how would you go about it. I've got:
BD cams .4-4 with doubles
WC Forged friends 2-4
Both link cams
Metolius TCUs....
A Set of BD nuts
A set of metolius nuts
a buttload of micronuts.
tricams .5-7
and a set of hexes.
I'm thinking of making my alpine rack be this:
Link cams
Forged Friends
my set of BD nuts
and the hexes.
I'll most likely be doing 5.3/5.4 routes in the grand tetons....
Thanks

5.4 and under in the Tetons= solo.

Even for a crappy climber like me.

But in all seriousness, the approaches for a lot of Tetons routes are long if you're doing the route in a day (i.e. the Grand, Owen, Middle, etc). Baxter's Pinnacle is the shortest approach I've done up there and it's still a solid 40 minutes with a bit of bushwhacking if I recall. The Grand is at least 3 hours to the Lower Saddle (where a lot of the climbs start), more depending on the shape you're in. I'd cut the rack down.

I like the Link Cams for this stuff though. Depending on your comfort on runouts, 5.4 climbing in the Tetons is usually 4th class with 1-3 moves of 5.4 per pitch (in my experience). So run it mostly out, protect the trickier sections, continue running it out, set the belay. I'd take both link cams, 2-3 forged friends, and the nuts. Maybe the biggest hex. That's all. No need for a full set of friends with the link cams.....you're not going to sew up 5.4 routes up there....there's just no need.

And I reiterate, I'm a pretty shitty climber, so I'm not giving advice from on high or anything....

Sweet dude... I'm a shitty climber too, so this is helpful. I am thinking a nice alpine start (3:30 4ish... maybe 4:30 if i am still drunk from last night...) climbing by 7 ish... I'm thinking maybe just nuts, link cams, and friends 2,3, and 4... we'll see how it goes on a CO 14er... not that they are close,but it is technique...
and thanks for the response....

First page Previous page 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 69 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Trad Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook