Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
can/should i buy a pad in NZ?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

kyote321

May 22, 2007, 12:41 PM
Post #1 of 2 (971 views)
Shortcut

can/should i buy a pad in NZ?  (Australasia: New_Zealand: Canterbury: Castle_Hill_Basin)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

can a buy a pad in Christchurch and sell it when i leave? i don't really want to haul one over there, and i like a bigger pad than most airlines will allow, given the choice.

i had some friends boulder around Christchurch and in the Grampians. despite what they had heard, they felt they got a warmer recepetion in Oz. any comments on this? is Castle Hill being over-run? I expect it won't be in winter though.

we'll be there june to mid-july. i know it will be cold and rainy, but this is the time we have off. any advice on buying/selling a van or anything else including short-term, part-time work greatly appreciated.

jp_sucks

May 22, 2007, 1:41 PM
Post #2 of 2 (957 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kyote321] can/should i buy a pad in NZ? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

You can buy a pad pretty easily in Christchurch. There's 4-5 climbing shops that sell them. You can also rent a pad. Can't remember the name of the company but they have ads everywhere. May be a better option as gear is really expensive to buy there.

I was in Castle in the fall and had the place to myself. I only saw (a few) other people on the weekends.

Buying/selling a van is really easy but prices vary depending on the time of year. If you're selling in their spring, it's much easier.

If you're under 30, a one-time 6 month "backpackers" work visa is available to many nations residents and is really simple to get. Look into the details online.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook