Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
going to be in durango and want to do some climbing
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

mystic04

Jun 14, 2007, 8:48 PM
Post #1 of 3 (873 views)
Shortcut

going to be in durango and want to do some climbing  (North_America: United_States: Colorado: South_Western_Colorado: Durangos_new_bouldering_area)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I am from arkansas, and have a family reunuin in durango from the 24 of june to the 3 of july, looking for some climbers to show off their local spots.

talpert

Jul 13, 2008, 11:44 PM
Post #2 of 3 (772 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mystic04] going to be in durango and want to do some climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm not a local, but I am thinking about taking a trip there soon. I'm curious... did you find any cool spots?

sampco

Jul 15, 2008, 12:57 AM
Post #3 of 3 (751 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mystic04] going to be in durango and want to do some climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Lived there for 5 years. East Animas, in town, has great trad climbing on Dakota Sandstone- nothing longer than 2 pitches but good variety. Otherwise, the touron trap is X-Rock and the Golf Wall. buy a guide book or stop in BackCountry Experience in downtown and ask the locals. The bouldering is incredible- Turtle Lake and few other areas. Too hot this time for any climbing at Indian Creek this time of year (Creek is only two hours away).

I am jealous, I miss that area of the country.Frown

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook