RSS FeedRSS Feeds for International

Premier Sponsor:

erica

Aug 7, 2007, 12:03 PM
Post #1 of 4 (473 views)
Shortcut

El Potrero Chico Lodging
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

My husband and I are planning a trip to El Portrero Chico Oct. 18-23. I've emailed Homero's, Posadas, and Rancho Cerro Gordo for information on availability several days ago, and have heard nothing from any of them - should I be concerned? On another note - I've heard there is also great mountain biking in the area - anyone have any experience with that down there? Thanks!

xulexi

Aug 7, 2007, 2:45 PM
Post #2 of 4 (471 views)
Shortcut

Re: [erica] El Potrero Chico Lodging [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hello! i was just there! if you drive into potrero chico, there is a little lodging area that was perfect! if you follow the signs once you hit the town, you will make a left turn at a T-intersection. if you follow that, there will be a closed rock climbing shop/hotel on your right and an open one on your left with many colorful signs about their accomodations. youll know it by the grates that you have to drive over to enter. Gloria is the cute little woman who runs the grounds. she speaks a bit of english and luiz is the owner (only around a few hours/day, but speaks VERY good english). they will accomodate you in any way you need. they have haciendas and a camp ground. they also have a pool, a steam bath, and laundry facilities (you just have to ask where they are, cause none of these are obvious). if you want any other info, feel free to email me at xulexi@hotmail.com

w_butaud

Aug 8, 2007, 2:00 AM
Post #3 of 4 (464 views)
Shortcut

Re: [erica] El Potrero Chico Lodging [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I've been to the Potrero 4 times now, and I've always stayed at La Posada. It's never too full, and there's always a good community there. It's probably one of the nicer places. They've got showers, a nice cocina and refrigerators and just about anything you need. I love it there. You're right next to the Potrero too. I've driven in and set up camp in the middle of the night and I've just talked to the owners in the morning. It's $5 a night.

You'll love the owners, very cool people! Good luck

tallnik

Aug 8, 2007, 6:09 PM
Post #4 of 4 (454 views)
Shortcut

Re: [w_butaud] El Potrero Chico Lodging [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Both replies are talking about the Posada. Hands down my favorite. Will be there for a couple MONTHs this year probably.

nik

Forums : Climbing Partners : International

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook