Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Partner j_ung

Aug 9, 2007, 8:58 PM
Post #51 of 78 (4052 views)
Shortcut

Re: [unrooted] Poor Form, let's see it! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I know it isn't the original subject of the thread, but I'm excited to see how this hijack plays out (again).

shockabuku

Aug 9, 2007, 9:27 PM
Post #52 of 78 (4016 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jt512] Poor Form, let's see it! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jt512 wrote:
knieveltech wrote:
jt512 wrote:
knieveltech wrote:
jt512 wrote:
knieveltech wrote:
jt512 wrote:
yokese wrote:
jt512 wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
jt512 wrote:
camerona91 wrote:
That's horrible! Is it a joke?!?!?!?!?

Does it look like a joke?

Jay

Yes.

I haven't climbed it since it was finished last year, but I hear it's an excellent route, bolts and all.

Jay

I think this has been already asked about that specific photo, but, wouln't that bolt happen to be part of a rap station?... just trying to find a logical explanation to that nonsense...

No, it's not a rap station. Haven't you guys ever seen a sport-bolted crack?

Jay

I've seen one at the New, hands down the worst route I've ever been on (route quality had nothing to do with bolting however). The local ethic 'round these parts is 100% opposed to anything that isn't ground-up...

Are you joking? Because if you really believe that, you are seriously deluded. I don't even climb at the New, and I know that rap bolting is ubiquitous there.

Jay

Dude, the New is in WV. I live in NC.

*edited to add:

What folks choose to do in WV at their crags is their business, more power to em. I daresay the NC locals aren't apt to suffer such foolishness as rap-bolting hand cracks.

Might want to work on clarity a bit in your writing style.

Jay

Probably true. Of course glancing at the text below my avatar that explicitly states I'm from NC also goes a long way towards clearing any confusion. YMMV.

That's not the point. When the first sentence of your paragraph says something like, "At the New..." and the next sentence says, "Around these parts...," then "these parts" refers to the last agreeing antecedent in the paragraph (the New), not to your local residence. If you want "these parts" to refer to somewhere else, then you have to state where explicitly, like, "In contrast, around these parts in North Carolina...". Of course, it would be clearer still to just drop the "arround these parts" altogether, in favor of the simpler "where I live."

I'm available for math help, too.

Jay

What about quantum mechanics?

jt512

Aug 9, 2007, 9:57 PM
Post #53 of 78 (3980 views)
Shortcut

Re: [shockabuku] Poor Form, let's see it! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

shockabuku wrote:
jt512 wrote:
knieveltech wrote:
jt512 wrote:
knieveltech wrote:
jt512 wrote:
knieveltech wrote:
jt512 wrote:
yokese wrote:
jt512 wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
jt512 wrote:
camerona91 wrote:

Jay

Yes.

I haven't climbed it since it was finished last year, but I hear it's an excellent route, bolts and all.

Jay

I think this has been already asked about that specific photo, but, wouln't that bolt happen to be part of a rap station?... just trying to find a logical explanation to that nonsense...

Jay

I've seen one at the New, hands down the worst route I've ever been on (route quality had nothing to do with bolting however). The local ethic 'round these parts is 100% opposed to anything that isn't ground-up...

Are you joking? Because if you really believe that, you are seriously deluded. I don't even climb at the New, and I know that rap bolting is ubiquitous there.

Jay

*edited to add:

What folks choose to do in WV at their crags is their business, more power to em. I daresay the NC locals aren't apt to suffer such foolishness as rap-bolting hand cracks.

Jay

Probably true. Of course glancing at the text below my avatar that explicitly states I'm from NC also goes a long way towards clearing any confusion. YMMV.

That's not the point. When the first sentence of your paragraph says something like, "At the New..." and the next sentence says, "Around these parts...," then "these parts" refers to the last agreeing antecedent in the paragraph (the New), not to your local residence. If you want "these parts" to refer to somewhere else, then you have to state where explicitly, like, "In contrast, around these parts in North Carolina...". Of course, it would be clearer still to just drop the "arround these parts" altogether, in favor of the simpler "where I live."

Jay

For that, you'll have to consult with my girlfriend.

Jay

ClusterFock

Aug 10, 2007, 1:21 AM
Post #54 of 78 (3909 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Quit hijacking the thread, faggots.

Partner nostalgia

Aug 10, 2007, 2:02 AM
Post #55 of 78 (3882 views)
Shortcut

Re: [winglessangel] Poor Form, let's see it! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

winglessangel wrote:
when did my skills got in this mess??
Best. Sentence. Ever.

-Joe

Partner nostalgia

Aug 10, 2007, 2:03 AM
Post #56 of 78 (3881 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ClusterFock] Poor Form, let's see it! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

ClusterFock wrote:
Start touching my naughty bits, faggots.
Glad I got this in before he edited it!

-Joe

ClusterFock

Aug 10, 2007, 2:14 AM
Post #57 of 78 (3865 views)
Shortcut

Re: [nostalgia] Poor Form, let's see it! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Nice try cock sucker.

climbsomething

Aug 10, 2007, 2:20 AM
Post #58 of 78 (3855 views)
Shortcut

Re: [knieveltech] Poor Form, let's see it! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

climbsomething

Aug 10, 2007, 2:21 AM
Post #59 of 78 (3851 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

winglessangel wrote:
thomasribiere wrote:
math help, grammar assistance, softwear programming, I would hire you if you were a young pretty girl!

Your English is better than my Portuguese, but this is still awesome.

climbsomething

Aug 10, 2007, 2:22 AM
Post #60 of 78 (3846 views)
Shortcut

Re: [whoa] Poor Form, let's see it! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

whoa wrote:
could make plenty of sense. suppose it's a poorly attached flake...
*elbows whoa in the ribs*

carbonrx8

Aug 10, 2007, 2:24 AM
Post #61 of 78 (3841 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

ClusterFock wrote:
Nice try cock sucker.
I thought this thread was about pictures that made me feel better about myself by making fun of others, who, compared to me, are most likely exceedingly better clymers, caught in the act of 2 dimensional poor form in a 4 dimensional "sport."

Apparently it is about whether or not people should have gay sex and whether or not people should be bolting. I can see how those two topics go together.

Partner nostalgia

Aug 10, 2007, 2:26 AM
Post #62 of 78 (3833 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

ClusterFock wrote:
I'm such a cock sucker.
Just in a sharing kinda mood tonight?

-Joe

secretninja

Aug 10, 2007, 4:54 AM
Post #63 of 78 (3727 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Sweet mother of pearl! Forget thread drift, this is a tsunami! Whoever raised that point in the bolt chpper thread about how there is only 4 threads on rc.com had a point. That being said, here's my contribution

sky7high

Aug 10, 2007, 5:17 AM
Post #64 of 78 (3719 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

jt512 wrote:
shockabuku wrote:
jt512 wrote:
knieveltech wrote:
jt512 wrote:
knieveltech wrote:
jt512 wrote:
knieveltech wrote:
jt512 wrote:
yokese wrote:
jt512 wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
jt512 wrote:
camerona91 wrote:

Jay

Yes.

Jay

Jay

Jay

*edited to add:

Jay

Jay

Jay

This is just laughable...talk about hijacking threads
Nice work!

flint

Aug 10, 2007, 7:51 AM
Post #65 of 78 (3676 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sky7high] Poor Form, let's see it! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sky7high wrote:
jt512 wrote:
shockabuku wrote:
jt512 wrote:
knieveltech wrote:
jt512 wrote:
knieveltech wrote:
jt512 wrote:
knieveltech wrote:
jt512 wrote:
yokese wrote:
jt512 wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
jt512 wrote:
camerona91 wrote:

Jay

Yes.

Jay

Jay

Jay

*edited to add:

Jay

Jay

Jay

Nice work!

ohhhhh, pretty box patterns

Myxomatosis

Aug 10, 2007, 8:58 AM
Post #66 of 78 (3662 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I climb under the opinion that "if it works, use it". I am not a climbing Nazi and I will use and have used anything to give me a boost to the top. You can sometimes catch me me indoors using other climb's to get past a crux if I get stuck, its about how hard you want to push yourself.

Altho in saying that, using a bolt or biner to get you up higher usually ends in tears (eg broken or gaping holes in your fingers) if you fall while your fingers are in it (have seen it happen a couple of times).

winglessangel

Aug 10, 2007, 12:46 PM
Post #67 of 78 (3618 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbsomething] Poor Form, let's see it! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

climbsomething wrote:
winglessangel wrote:
thomasribiere wrote:
math help, grammar assistance, softwear programming, I would hire you if you were a young pretty girl!

Your English is better than my Portuguese, but this is still awesome.

AHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Sorry, get I know, get
but I never said it would be grammar assistance for english...
Wink

winglessangel

Aug 10, 2007, 12:47 PM
Post #68 of 78 (3614 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

nostalgia wrote:
winglessangel wrote:
Best. Sentence. Ever.

-Joe

see post above

markc

Aug 10, 2007, 1:07 PM
Post #69 of 78 (3592 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Myxomatosis] Poor Form, let's see it! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Myxomatosis wrote:
I climb under the opinion that "if it works, use it". I am not a climbing Nazi and I will use and have used anything to give me a boost to the top. You can sometimes catch me me indoors using other climb's to get past a crux if I get stuck, its about how hard you want to push yourself.

Altho in saying that, using a bolt or biner to get you up higher usually ends in tears (eg broken or gaping holes in your fingers) if you fall while your fingers are in it (have seen it happen a couple of times).

Hey, your on-topic comments don't belong here!

I've intentionally left quickdraws on route so new people in my party wouldn't be tempted to throw a finger in the hanger. Usually a quick explanation of degloving at the start of the day works wonders. If someone wants to yard on something, I tell them to stick with the fabric. While you might manage to jamb your hand on the lower biner if you're really lucky, it's better than losing a finger.

I hate routes with a really poor foot right above a bolt. Your foot slips, you're on the bolt, and then the temptation slips in. Damn temptation.

gothcopter

Aug 10, 2007, 1:13 PM
Post #70 of 78 (3584 views)
Shortcut

Re: [flint] Poor Form, let's see it! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

flint wrote:
sky7high wrote:
jt512 wrote:
shockabuku wrote:
jt512 wrote:
knieveltech wrote:
jt512 wrote:
knieveltech wrote:
jt512 wrote:
knieveltech wrote:
jt512 wrote:
yokese wrote:
jt512 wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
jt512 wrote:
camerona91 wrote:

Jay

Yes.

Jay

Jay

Jay

*edited to add:

Jay

Jay

Jay

Nice work!

ohhhhh, pretty box patterns

Jay, maybe your girlfriend could show me her spin-flip method. Sounds... nice.

Partner nostalgia

Aug 10, 2007, 1:34 PM
Post #71 of 78 (3566 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

winglessangel wrote:
nostalgia wrote:
winglessangel wrote:
Best. Sentence. Ever.

-Joe

see post above
I never said it was a bad sentence. I loved it :)

-Joe

Partner cracklover

Aug 10, 2007, 4:11 PM
Post #72 of 78 (3467 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Bolts, schmolts. I've climbed beautiful splitter bolted cracks at Shelf Road in CO. Big deal. Ditto with in France. Big deal. And no, neither was protecting loose flakes.

Anwyay, back on topic, is using knee-pads for a free climb considered poor form?

GO

markc

Aug 10, 2007, 4:25 PM
Post #73 of 78 (3444 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] Poor Form, let's see it! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
Anyway, back on topic, is using knee-pads for a free climb considered poor form?

In that sort of chimney? I'd say no. When face climbing...

Edit: deleted image.

(This post was edited by markc on Aug 10, 2007, 4:26 PM)

Uncia

Aug 10, 2007, 6:40 PM
Post #74 of 78 (3383 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Just out of curiosity, is a skull smear considered poor form? I don't have any pictures but I saw one performed the other day.

diophantus

Aug 12, 2007, 2:07 AM
Post #75 of 78 (3263 views)
Shortcut

Post deleted by diophantus [In reply to]
Report this Post

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Beginners

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook