RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

sherpajames

Aug 12, 2007, 2:21 AM
Post #1 of 6 (3211 views)
Shortcut

Post deleted by sherpajames
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  

climb_eng

Aug 12, 2007, 2:43 AM
Post #2 of 6 (3206 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sherpajames] Aqueduct [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sherpajames wrote:
I'm tring to find out some info on who bolted a climb right next to a classic crack climb called aqueduct. The route(aqueduct) runs right up the middle of a beautiful peace of rock. I'm planning on chopping the bolts and just wanted to find out why some thinks its necessary to add a sport route so close to this great traditional climb.

Sweet, nothing will make that rock look better then a bunch of vandelized bolt stubs sticking out of the rock.

Your an idiot.

sherpajames

Aug 12, 2007, 10:41 PM
Post #3 of 6 (3174 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climb_eng] Aqueduct [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Ok, first once the bolt is chopped with a cold chisel and possibly pushed back then filled with liquid nail it would just about disappear. I'm not looking to do more damage and i'm still searching other climbers out and getting feed back. The climb in question that the bolts interfere with is run out and a classic challenge for any solid climber. Now we have a well bolted climb running with in reach of aqueduct. As you reach the run out section you can just simply reach over clip in and the bold route now falls into the safe sport we've all come to love. Maybe I'm wrong and all run out climbs need to have bolts added to them to make them safe(I hope not)

Basta916

Aug 13, 2007, 3:00 AM
Post #4 of 6 (3146 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sherpajames wrote:
Ok, first once the bolt is chopped with a cold chisel and possibly pushed back then filled with liquid nail it would just about disappear. I'm not looking to do more damage and i'm still searching other climbers out and getting feed back. The climb in question that the bolts interfere with is run out and a classic challenge for any solid climber. Now we have a well bolted climb running with in reach of aqueduct. As you reach the run out section you can just simply reach over clip in and the bold route now falls into the safe sport we've all come to love. Maybe I'm wrong and all run out climbs need to have bolts added to them to make them safe(I hope not)

if You like to climb it only Trad, than dont clip...its as easy as that...

ddriver

Aug 13, 2007, 9:34 PM
Post #5 of 6 (3129 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sherpajames wrote:
I'm tring to find out some info on who bolted a climb right next to a classic crack climb called aqueduct. The route(aqueduct) runs right up the middle of a beautiful peace of rock. I'm planning on chopping the bolts and just wanted to find out why some thinks its necessary to add a sport route so close to this great traditional climb.

Why don't you inquire locally instead of on this board?

Start with utahclimbers or mountain project.

hanginaround

Aug 13, 2007, 10:42 PM
Post #6 of 6 (3107 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sherpajames wrote:

Wow.. I know how you feel, but take a few weeks, talk to the community, make sure it's the right thing to do.. I’ve felt that way too.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook