RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

LordWorm

Aug 20, 2007, 3:18 AM
Post #1 of 14 (872 views)
Shortcut

ever had one of these days?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Yesterday, pretty much nothing was going right, transit had doubled its times, so i was an hour late getting home after work, at which I was berated by shitty additude after shitty additude. After I got home I realized very quickly that I was locked out of my house...another hour before i could be let in. After which point i opened my email to find a shitty email from my ex who is still supposed to be my close friend and such...i finally get to the climbing gym 50 minutes before closing...i was not about to give up...i do one problem as a warm up(one that i had done 4 times in a row the day before, but this time it just felt different). I layed on the mat underneath my current problem, took a deep breath, and I FLASHED IT! Every little shitty thing that had happened that day just went away. I continued to onsight two more routes which I had never climbed before and I left...ALIVE.

It was pretty much the sweetest thing ever...except...

KILLING A MAN IN SELF DEFENCECrazy

ClusterFock

Aug 20, 2007, 3:33 AM
Post #2 of 14 (852 views)
Shortcut

Re: [LordWorm] ever had one of these days? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Sounds like every day of my life, my bro.

Wink

flint

Aug 20, 2007, 5:07 AM
Post #3 of 14 (823 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

LordWorm wrote:
Yesterday, pretty much nothing was going right, transit had doubled its times, so i was an hour late getting home after work, at which I was berated by shitty additude after shitty additude. After I got home I realized very quickly that I was locked out of my house...another hour before i could be let in. After which point i opened my email to find a shitty email from my ex who is still supposed to be my close friend and such...i finally get to the climbing gym 50 minutes before closing...i was not about to give up...i do one problem as a warm up(one that i had done 4 times in a row the day before, but this time it just felt different). I layed on the mat underneath my current problem, took a deep breath, and I FLASHED IT! Every little shitty thing that had happened that day just went away. I continued to onsight two more routes which I had never climbed before and I left...ALIVE.

At least you have a job and a house, and at one time a girlfriend...... were is my hangboard

LordWorm

Aug 20, 2007, 5:18 AM
Post #4 of 14 (814 views)
Shortcut

Re: [flint] ever had one of these days? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

wouldnt a hangboard just serve to further exacerbate the problem? I mean, you dont accomplish anything, you ultimately fail dont you? lol

Myxomatosis

Aug 20, 2007, 6:19 AM
Post #5 of 14 (785 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I love those days when you climb like you have never climbed before... only to go back in a couple of days and you get chewed out by an easy climb... bringing you crashing back to earth (mentally that is)... haha..Wink

I have learnt over the last few weeks that no women is really worth it... there's always another pair of legs out there, haha. CoolCool

LostinMaine

Aug 20, 2007, 1:57 PM
Post #6 of 14 (701 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

LordWorm wrote:
I mean, you dont accomplish anything, you ultimately fail dont you? lol

trying is the first step toward failure.

limeydave

Aug 20, 2007, 3:28 PM
Post #7 of 14 (633 views)
Shortcut

Re: [flint] ever had one of these days? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

flint wrote:
LordWorm wrote:

At least you have a job and a house, and at one time a girlfriend...... were is my hangboard

Leave Ohio.

LordWorm

Aug 20, 2007, 5:19 PM
Post #8 of 14 (567 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Myxomatosis] ever had one of these days? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hahahahahahaha

Beautiful man, just beautiful.

lena_chita

Aug 20, 2007, 6:04 PM
Post #9 of 14 (526 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah, I've had those days (in general sense, if not in the details) ...

I wonder, what is worse: a day when everything seems to be just peachy until you get your hands on the rock and discover that it just isn't going to be YOUR day. -- or a day when everything is going shitty, until you get your hands on the rock and climb like a dream.

LordWorm

Aug 20, 2007, 6:18 PM
Post #10 of 14 (509 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] ever had one of these days? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In my opinion, I think the former is worse. Simply because climbing is always one of the last things I do during a day. If you end on a high-note, everything seems peachy. Bach used to use this in all of his compositions. He was deeply religious so no matter how depressing and sheerly possesssed some of his music was, he always ended on a major chord, even if the key were minor. It's comforting.

Also I think that when you are of good physical capacity, it's easier to feel good about yourself.

chadnsc

Aug 20, 2007, 6:51 PM
Post #11 of 14 (485 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

LordWorm wrote:
I continued to onsight two more routes which I had never climbed before and I left...ALIVE.

Pfft! Give me a break you little punk. Tongue

LordWorm

Aug 21, 2007, 7:10 AM
Post #12 of 14 (420 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chadnsc] ever had one of these days? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hey....

shutupWink

flint

Aug 21, 2007, 9:04 AM
Post #13 of 14 (402 views)
Shortcut

Re: [limeydave] ever had one of these days? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

limeydave wrote:
flint wrote:
LordWorm wrote:

Leave Ohio.

LMAO.....

on_belay_hombre

Aug 21, 2007, 1:02 PM
Post #14 of 14 (356 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] ever had one of these days? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Well...no one's laid this one out...but we all know the worst is when you have a shitty day then go to the gym with hopes some climbing will clear your mind and that goes badly too...

I was having one of the worst days ever two weeks ago...everything from relationship issues to car/job/etc issues...i finally decide, "screw it, im going to the gym and climb with some friends"... so I get there and start warming up waiting for my belay partner to get there, second problem I get on I here the trademark "POP!" from a finger...then my partner walks through the door...I almost cried...

~sigh~

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook