Forums: Community: Campground:
Don't worry, your prez is perfectly safe with us...
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

blondgecko

Sep 6, 2007, 8:45 AM
Post #1 of 8 (448 views)
Shortcut

Don't worry, your prez is perfectly safe with us...
Report this Post
Can't Post

... erm...

In reply to:
Chaser TV team detained over APEC stunt
Eleven crew from the ABC TV comedy show The Chaser have been detained by police after staging a fake motorcade through Sydney as part of an APEC week stunt.

The team from the satirical TV program The Chaser's War on Everything were in a convoy of three cars and two motorbikes which was reportedly ushered through two checkpoints in Sydney's APEC security "red" zone.

Chaser members said they had dressed up a convoy to look like an official Canadian motorcade, on a day during which a number of official motorcades crossed the city.

Southern Cross Broadcasting reported that the convoy carrying the Chaser team passed "through two checkpoints around the hotel before one of The Chaser pranksters jumped out (dressed) as Osama bin Laden".

Gotta love it.

overlord

Sep 6, 2007, 11:16 AM
Post #2 of 8 (439 views)
Shortcut

Re: [blondgecko] Don't worry, your prez is perfectly safe with us... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

well, the authorities really dont like ppl who decide to show their mistakes to the world, especially if they then make fun of them.

but that was a really cool idea. and they were lucky that someone with not-so-innocent agenda didnt think of it.

bent_gate

Sep 6, 2007, 4:32 PM
Post #3 of 8 (397 views)
Shortcut

Re: [blondgecko] Don't worry, your prez is perfectly safe with us... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

blondgecko wrote:
... The Chaser pranksters jumped out (dressed) as Osama bin Laden".

Well that's a good way to get shot!

I don't understand why all of these world meetings have to occur in the middle of cities. Why not hold them at a secure military base outside the cities, and stop messing up everyone's traffic.

Being in the DC area, that's why I'm glad when they hold shit at Camp David, well away from DC. Why shutdown all the damn streets and cost us money.

ClusterFock

Sep 7, 2007, 1:09 AM
Post #4 of 8 (373 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bent_gate] Don't worry, your prez is perfectly safe with us... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Good 'ole chasers.
It's Australian culture at it's finest!

We all wanted Bush just to GTFO...at least Chasers brought a smile to such a fucking smug event and such a huge waste of tax payers money.

overlord

Sep 7, 2007, 7:15 AM
Post #5 of 8 (356 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bent_gate] Don't worry, your prez is perfectly safe with us... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

bent_gate wrote:
blondgecko wrote:

I don't understand why all of these world meetings have to occur in the middle of cities. Why not hold them at a secure military base outside the cities, and stop messing up everyone's traffic.

Being in the DC area, that's why I'm glad when they hold shit at Camp David, well away from DC. Why shutdown all the damn streets and cost us money.

demonstration of power maybe?

if they were in a military base, no one would see them driving around in their cute armored carsWink

microbarn

Sep 7, 2007, 11:01 AM
Post #6 of 8 (349 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

bent_gate wrote:
blondgecko wrote:

I grew up next to camp david, and I worked in the park that surrounds camp david for several years.

When they come up to camp david there is almost no change in traffic. There are no motorcades, but we hear helicopters in an otherwise no fly zone.

Reagan used to drive around in three limos. I am pretty convinced he slowed down to watch my sister and I play in our yard. I understand there was one president that went fishing in the stream nearby, and they blocked every parking spot on that stream for ~7 miles to enable it. (This would never happen any more because the stream is within stone throwing distance of the "busy" road the whole time.)

bent_gate

Sep 7, 2007, 11:27 AM
Post #7 of 8 (343 views)
Shortcut

Re: [overlord] Don't worry, your prez is perfectly safe with us... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

overlord wrote:
demonstration of power maybe?

if they were in a military base, no one would see them driving around in their cute armored carsWink

No kidding. It's like how those damn UN delegates really screw up the traffic in NYC

Reminds me of this Saturday Night Live skit: (I wish I could find it on Youtube)

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/02/02kun.phtml wrote:
U.N. Security Session, U.N. Building, New York City...

[ cut to French Delegate ]

Translator's Voice for French Delegate: I, too, commend Secretary Powell on his program here today. Very enjoyable. And those weapons of mass destruction - so unnecessary. But, to conclude our business here today, my government would like to propose the following: That we adjourn this special session of the security council, and all go to lunch at an extremely expensive restaurant, with the U.N. picking up the tab.
(snip)

[ cut to Iceland Delegate ]

Translator's Voice for Iceland Delegate: Forgive me, but my government would like to point out that the members of the U.N. Security Council always go to Le Grenoui after an emergency session. I propose that we instead go to Less Banas, in the St. Regis Hotel, for our U.N. provided lunch.

[ cut to German Delegate ]

Translator's Voice for German Delegate: But is Less Banas expensive enough?

[ cut to Iceland Delegate ]

Translator's Voice for Iceland Delegate: Definitely. With drinks, appetizer, and tip, the United Nations will not get out of there for less than $300 per person.

Translator's Voice for German Delegate: Would the delegate from France like a ride to the restaurant in my stretch limosine, that the United Nation provides?

[ cut to French Delegate ]

Translator's Voice for French Delegate: There may not be room. Since the U.N. is paying for it, I wanted to bring my wife and two of my mistresses. Also my son, who is visiting from boarding school, and his mistress. Plus, my drug dealer and his girlfriend, a prostitute.

Translator's Voice for German Delegate: Oh. Then you probably should go in your own U.N. provided stretch limosine, or, perhaps, two stretch limosines. The Chair recognizes the delegate from China.

[ cut to Chinese Delegate ]

Translator's Voice for Chinese Delegate: My government has a proposal. Instead of going in other delegates' stretch limosines, I suggest that each of us, and each of our guests, go in his own stretch limosine. It will waste more money, and will enable us to tie up midtown traffic more effectively. I yield to the delegate from the Russian federation.

[ cut to Russian Delegate ]

Translator's Voice for Russian Delegate: I propose that, when we're inside having lunch, we double-park our stretch limosines outside. Also, that we leave the engines running, since the U.N. is paying for the gas.
(snip)

Translator's Voice for Chilian Delegate: But may my government offer a suggestion? When we double-park our U.N.-provided stretch limosines, we should double-park them perpendicular to the other cars, rather than parallel. That way, we can totally shut down 5th Ave. I yield to the delegate from Syria....
Laugh

I swear to God it is so true!

(This post was edited by bent_gate on Sep 7, 2007, 11:37 AM)

dr_feelgood

Sep 8, 2007, 12:31 AM
Post #8 of 8 (324 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Would you guys keep him?

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook