RSS FeedRSS Feeds for International

Premier Sponsor:

konakissa

Sep 7, 2007, 2:42 AM
Post #1 of 5 (865 views)
Shortcut

Tonsai/Yangshuo
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Im heading to Tonsai mid december until mid feb. I have rope, draws ect. Im 21, from Australia and have been climbing for a long time. I like to climb between 6b and 7a+. You can email me on konakissa@hotmail.com
Cheers,

Sam.

(This post was edited by konakissa on Sep 19, 2007, 3:21 AM)

wendy_coles

Sep 16, 2007, 8:48 PM
Post #2 of 5 (817 views)
Shortcut

Re: [konakissa] Tonsai/Yangshuo [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hiya Sam,
I'm going to Tonsai mid Nov for a bit to (with someone who doesn't climb!) and def want to get some climbing in, i'm also planning to go to Tasmania on my own at the end of Jan-beginning of Feb! I'm doing the East coast of Aus from the 5th Dec, I know it will be v.hot but i don't suppose u have any ideas on good places to climb that are easy to get to, as I won't have my own transport! How easy is it to get partners in Aus? I'm desperate to get lots and lots of climbing in! Sorry for all the questions! Oh yeah, I lead up to about 6b and i'm 22 from England!

Wendy.

konakissa

Sep 17, 2007, 1:08 PM
Post #3 of 5 (807 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wendy_coles] Tonsai/Yangshuo [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I have changed my flights to leave Aus on the 12th of Dec instead. Ill spend the time up until then Climbing and camping up in the Blue Mountains which is about 1.5hrs drive from Sydney. If you want you are welcome to come join us, it will be a good way to meet a bunch of the other Aussie climbers as well so by the time I leave you will have people to climb with. I can put you in contact with a cool crew heading down to Tassie at the end of Jan if everything works out and your not a crazy person. Kidding.

Here are some photos of the Blue mountains which may entice you. http://www.onsight.com.au/gallery/list.php

Sam.

(This post was edited by konakissa on Sep 17, 2007, 1:16 PM)

wendy_coles

Sep 17, 2007, 7:59 PM
Post #4 of 5 (798 views)
Shortcut

Re: [konakissa] Tonsai/Yangshuo [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

That sounds awesome, wish I could join u, but I fly into Cairns on 5th Dec so won't be that far down by then, thanks for asking though. Shame that our dates don't coincide. Do u think it will be easy to find partners along the way? I'll be gutted if I don't manage to get lots of climbing done! The pics look stunning (and of the grampians!) I'm really not that crazy! Just desperate to climb!!

Wendy.

konakissa

Sep 18, 2007, 2:35 AM
Post #5 of 5 (791 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wendy_coles] Tonsai/Yangshuo [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

It can be easy to find partners depending on where you go. The Blue mountains can be hard because it is a very spaced out area, Nowra and point perpendicular which is a few hours south of sydney should be ok for finding partners. Perhaps post a notice on one of the australian websites such as http://www.chockstone.org/Forum/Forum.asp
Good luck with it all. If you end up having trouble finding people send me an email and ill send you some contacts of friends that will be around the place.

Forums : Climbing Partners : International

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook