Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Where the heck is Bobby D'S bunny?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

dallas27

Sep 19, 2007, 1:51 AM
Post #1 of 2 (911 views)
Shortcut

Where the heck is Bobby D'S bunny?  (North_America: United_States: West_Virginia: Roped_Climbing: New_River_Gorge_Region: New_River___Tributaries: Bubba_City)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I (think) I was in bubba city for the first time, but for the life of me couldn't orient myself on the map.

Parked at the logging road off of ames, the road is now gated.

Walked for 10-20 minutes down the road to the gas well clearing. Took a faint trail starting behind and to the right of the well, it swung left for 20 yard then down a steep break in the cliff. at the bottom I think I was at climb #1 in rubble rock in the new edition of the new river gorge guide book. There was an obvious corner to my right that was bolted. I head left, toward the bridge/rt19, passing a few climbgs and crossing over a faint trail to the next section which I thought was suppose to be sandstonia.

We climbed a 5 bolt (then an anchor) chimney, bolts on left side, stove sized boulder wedged in the top of the chimney. Chimeny was 3-4 wide and about 5-7 feet deep. nice flat slabs lieing at the base to hang out on and sort gear.

For the life of us, we couldn't locate or any other features in the maps in the book. Does anyone knwo where the heck we were, I.E. what that chimney was named or located?

(This post was edited by dallas27 on Sep 19, 2007, 2:42 AM)

microbarn

Sep 19, 2007, 2:49 AM
Post #2 of 2 (880 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dallas27] Where the heck is Bobby D'S bunny? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Bobby D's is at sandstonia. So, this link will be useful for you:

http://www.rockclimbing.com/...post=1671581#1671581

summary:
the trails got reworked and rerouted recently. You should follow the flagging as it now exists. Last I knew it had "New River Rendezvous" stickers on all the flags. You should ignore the guidebook trail map for the time being, and follow that thread for an updated trail map whenever it is available.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook