Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

slackinjacklyn

Sep 21, 2007, 7:21 PM
Post #26 of 29 (3274 views)
Shortcut

Re: [calypsobob] Slacklining without trees? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Here is a photo of my treeless setup for a 130' line - used 3 foot high logs, buried concrete anchors with 3/8" chain threaded with rebar within the concrete.

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t214/acombty/slacklining/DSCN0457sm.jpg

Partner slacklinejoe

Sep 23, 2007, 6:11 PM
Post #27 of 29 (3245 views)
Shortcut

Re: [slackinjacklyn] Slacklining without trees? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

slackinjacklyn wrote:
Here is a photo of my treeless setup for a 130' line - used 3 foot high logs, buried concrete anchors with 3/8" chain threaded with rebar within the concrete.

Nice rig. Maybe it is already there and I couldn't make it out but might I suggest some edge padding? Your line will eventually rub through on the corners of your blocks, even backed up it'll wear through.

Also, I can't tell for sure but is that a ratchet that is in the unlocked position? If it is, tisk tisk, lock those handles back shut. Free wheeling is unlikely but can happen. If it isn't a ratchet at all I appologize, it kind just looks like a lump of random stuff with it zoomed out so far so I'm squinting my best.

slackinjacklyn

Sep 24, 2007, 6:17 PM
Post #28 of 29 (3226 views)
Shortcut

Re: [slacklinejoe] Slacklining without trees? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks, this rig (along with 2 other shorter lines) has/have been up for over a year now. This one is a double line, and I did use ratchets (bigger 3" ratchets from an industrial wire rope store, not the 2" ratchets people get from home depot). Still I had to ratchet from both ends because of spool capacity. The ratchets seem to work well for the way I basically wrap the lines over the tree stump, though I realize it is kind of a strange setup. A major consideration was asthetics as it is a permenant piece of "lawn furniture", so I would not use an ugly A-frame. The stumps (3' log sections obtained from a local sawmill) make great starting and ending platforms too. I have all relevant edges thoroughly rounded with chainsaw and file, no problems so far. Ratchets are closed but I appreciate the advice, I did not know ratchets could unspool like you mentioned.
-Terry

zuegma

Sep 24, 2007, 6:30 PM
Post #29 of 29 (3220 views)
Shortcut

Re: [slackinjacklyn] Slacklining without trees? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Been reading through here and i came up with a similar question. My situation is a little different though. I have a really big solid tree which i can use although the only other possible anchor nearby is a concrete post in front of a fire hydrant. is this usable or could i somehow manage to break it ifi put to much force on it. the only way i can describe the post is imagine one of those posts that you would seee infront of a store or something to prevent a car from runnning or backing into it. its about 6-8" in
diameter and about 4' high although im not sure how far in the ground it is. so my question is would you use this or not?

edit for spelling also to say i know how to set up a slack line but there aren't as many trees on my college campus and this is the best possibl location i have found so far.
Thanks

(This post was edited by zuegma on Sep 24, 2007, 6:42 PM)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Slacklining

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook