Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Owens Rive Gorge Beta
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

climbingkobe1021

Dec 11, 2007, 6:22 AM
Post #1 of 2 (850 views)
Shortcut

Owens Rive Gorge Beta  (North_America: United_States: California: Bishop_and_Eastern_Sierra: Owens_River_Gorge: Central_Gorge)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Going in the spring probably around early to mid april i need to know anything about the place. is it slappy or over hung how will the weather be and is it kool for dogs and are there snakes or any venomous reptiles

roseraie

Dec 11, 2007, 6:30 AM
Post #2 of 2 (847 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbingkobe1021] Owens Rive Gorge Beta [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Can't tell you what the weather will be for sure... funny thing about weather. But spring is a nice time, you'll either chase sun or chase shade.

Dogs are allowed. How good is your dog at talus? The Central Gorge approach is sometimes hard for dogs, but you and the pooch can always hike in the longer Lower Gorge approach.

It's like any crag, there's some slab, there are some roofs, it depends where you go. The majority of it is right around vertical.

And as for venomous snakes... well, it's on the Eastside, so they're defintiely around. I'd say you're more likely to see them in your campsite than in the actual Gorge. I've never seen a rattler in the Gorge, but that doesn't mean they're not there.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook