RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Trad Climbing

Premier Sponsor:

hanginaround

Feb 18, 2008, 7:36 PM
Post #1 of 5 (1672 views)
Shortcut

jt Bootie Bounty Alert
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

On Saturday, 2.16.08, I climbed Wilson Regular Route, on Lost Horse wall, with a new partner. It was his first multi-pitch climb. I set-up the second pitch belay station just after a short traverse, under the roof, on a nice flat ledge. It was a very straight forward three piece anchor: a hex, a tricam and nice newer #3 C4 Camalot.

After toping out, I called out “on belay” and got no response. I figured he had waited to break down the anchor so no worry. After a few minutes I tried again, he responded, trying to explain the delay, but he has a thick accent and I just couldn’t understand. We repeated this scenario several times over the next 20 minutes or so, then I finally heard “climbing”

Well.. you probably already figured it out, he left my pretty blue camalot behind. :-( I’d love to have it back, so I’ll pay a $35 bounty if you return it. But, actually I more interested to find out how it got stuck. It went in quick, easy and it was a very solid placement. My second did take fall on the traverse just before the anchor, could that have set the cam? I don’t think it mattered with a cam.

Keep it if you want, but at least post what you think happened.

Thanx
bj
Hyadventure@gmail.com

Partner hosh

Feb 18, 2008, 8:31 PM
Post #2 of 5 (1604 views)
Shortcut

Re: [hanginaround] jt Bootie Bounty Alert [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Um, why not just rap back down and get the cam?

hosh.

hanginaround

Feb 18, 2008, 10:20 PM
Post #3 of 5 (1497 views)
Shortcut

Re: [hosh] jt Bootie Bounty Alert [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hosh wrote:

hosh.

Honestly, I didn't think of it at the time. Most likely that would have worked. It's the first time my second ever left a significant piece of gear behind.

Arrogant_Bastard

Feb 20, 2008, 10:45 PM
Post #4 of 5 (1379 views)
Shortcut

Re: [hanginaround] jt Bootie Bounty Alert [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hanginaround wrote:
hosh wrote:

hosh.

Honestly, I didn't think of it at the time. Most likely that would have worked. It's the first time my second ever left a significant piece of gear behind.

Sounds like you've angered the climbing Gods. In a place like Jtree, mostly devoid of good multi-pitch, you were actually surrounded by several worth climbing. WRR is not one of them. The Gods don't approve of your route choice, and a sacrifice was made. Just consider yourself lucky you didn't take your virgin girlfriend climbing.

hanginaround

Feb 21, 2008, 12:33 AM
Post #5 of 5 (1337 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Arrogant_Bastard] jt Bootie Bounty Alert [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
Sounds like you've angered the climbing Gods. In a place like Jtree, mostly devoid of good multi-pitch, you were actually surrounded by several worth climbing. WRR is not one of them. The Gods don't approve of your route choice, and a sacrifice was made. Just consider yourself lucky you didn't take your virgin girlfriend climbing.

Amen to that! I was planning to climb "the Swift" and that horsy climb to the right of it. Thought WRR would be a good warm up! The little traverse under the roof was interesting. I climbed totally off route in the second pitch, more straight up, then to the right as the route goes. I had to pull a dead bush out of a weird off-with to finish.

“The swift” was nice, didn’t get to the other climb

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Trad Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook