RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Gear Heads

Premier Sponsor:

soyshadymilkman

Apr 6, 2008, 4:55 PM
Post #1 of 8 (1718 views)
Shortcut

Shoe Resole...and Anasazi LVs
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

It's time to get my shoes resoled. I would usually buy a new pair - prodeal them, but Five Ten stopped making the women's anasazi's, which fit my feet amazingly well, especially in the heel. So the question is, who's a good resoler? I've done one pair at the friction fix, but it peeled only a couple of months after using them again, so i'm not gonna try them again. Anyone have experience with other resolers? Or can anyone convince me friction fix is better than the experience i had with them?

Also, has anyone tried the anasazi lv's? I think they're built like the former "women's anasazi's" but i can't find any around me and we don't even have them at the store i work in. I'd love it if they worked for me like the women's anasazi's did, despite the incredibly ugly color scheme

Partner cliffhanger9

Apr 6, 2008, 6:46 PM
Post #2 of 8 (1701 views)
Shortcut

Re: [soyshadymilkman] Shoe Resole...and Anasazi LVs [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Head to the Gear Guide section on this site, the only site I know of that has user reviews/experiences with climbing shoe resolers:

http://www.rockclimbing.com/.../ReSolers/index.html

I know they are available for sale but I have yet to see a pair of the LV's in person so unfortunately can't help you there.

(This post was edited by cliffhanger9 on Apr 6, 2008, 6:47 PM)

kimbill

Apr 6, 2008, 7:44 PM
Post #3 of 8 (1682 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

As suggested, check the RC.com gear guide for resoler information. I have used Rock 'N Resole in Colorado and Crescent Resolers in Virginia. Both gave good results with reasonable turnaround time. Check their websites for prices. Cresent didn't take credit cards, so I had to use a postal money order, a minor inconvenience.

attagirl

Apr 6, 2008, 7:56 PM
Post #4 of 8 (1677 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey, I have a pair of the new women's Anasazi LV's and I really like them compared to the regular women's Anasazi's (I assume you are talking about the old royal blue ones?) I feel like the heel is more comfortable on the new ones, and still hooks well, but since it doesn't dig into your achilles as bad, it's not quite as deep. Where I really notice the difference as far as low volume goes is in the arch and across the top of the foot. I used to get the blue anasazi's in a 9.5 but I was able to get these is a 9, which is my normal street shoe size. Not sure why there's a difference. Anyway, I absolutely love the LVs, they really do fit like a glove, despite the ugly color. They still come w/ C4 rubber and not Onyxx like the men's Anasazi. I wish Five Ten would change that. Overall, I've been super happy w/ these shoes and I recommend them if you liked the other women's anasazi's but feel like you could use a lower volume fit.

Jbitz

Apr 6, 2008, 8:00 PM
Post #5 of 8 (1672 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I just had five pairs resoled about two months ago by Rock and Resole out in Colorado. I had Five Ten Onyx rubber put on a couple pairs and Five ten C4 put on the others. So far they have all held up nice.

I have used Yosemite Bum also in California in the past and they are still going strong after a year of use. They use Evolv Trax rubber.

You really can't go wrong with either resoler. Rock and Resole turn around is a little faster currently but they are both about the same price. It just depends on the type of rubber you want to try. With the Anazazi I might lean towards putting Onyx rubber on them.

http://www.yosemitebum.com/

Rock & Resole, (303) 440-0414, 2500 47th St, Boulder, CO 80301

truckyme

Apr 7, 2008, 12:25 PM
Post #6 of 8 (1621 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I've had a couple pairs sent to them. they do good work.

http://www.prodealresoles.com

Ljhorsefeathers

Apr 7, 2008, 3:42 PM
Post #7 of 8 (1604 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey, I just found this forum and I don't want to sound like a commercial, but it's hard to resist. I work for Outdoor.zappos.com, and we carry the new Anasazi LVs. We have free, really fast shipping and free return shipping too so it's like having a shoe store come to your living room. You can check the fit and if you don't like em, just send em back. It's a 365 day return policy as well (they have to be returned in their original condition though) We also have the Anasazi Lace Up, Verde, Lace Up v2, and v2. You can try em all if you want. :)

http://outdoor.zappos.com/n/es/d/722202191/page/1.html

acacongua

Jan 13, 2009, 6:06 PM
Post #8 of 8 (1271 views)
Shortcut

Re: [truckyme] Shoe Resole...and Anasazi LVs [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

truckyme wrote:
I've had a couple pairs sent to them. they do good work.

http://www.prodealresoles.com

I second this.

Also, I'm miserable in the Anasazi LVs. The "power toe" (extra rubber) and stiffer forefoot has taken away my sensitivity. I think these are designed more for verticle climbing, but I climb overhangs.

The older women's anasazi was perfect.

I'll be putting a new pair of LVs up for sale tonight.

(This post was edited by acacongua on Jan 13, 2009, 6:06 PM)

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook